Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Who's attempting to develop something? ...and what is it about?

Dec 22, 2007 at 4:56:43 AM
Zzap (47)
(James ) < King Solomon >
Australia
Yup, they all shift left as you empty a column, and the fall down as you delete them.

-------------------------

Chunkout for iPhone, iPad and iTouch out now!
Chunkout Games: FaceBook | Web

Dec 22, 2007 at 11:03:52 AM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Zzap

I'm working on a puzzle game where you need to delete chunks of the same colour/patterned tile - the bigger the chunk the more points you get for deleting it.

Kinda reminds me of Yoshi's Cookie from the description.

Originally posted by: dangevin
I thought that's what you were describing Sivak! It's Krang's bonus game 3 from TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan! Way to go I love that little game

Hm, well it's basically my own take on Nim.  The game engine this is inspired from comes from a guy who made 3 versions of it.  His title was "Pearls Before Swine".  Engine 3 was the best one as it had all kinds of combinations.  Links to all 3 below.  Note that I'm not going to have a crazy hispanic guy who laughs when you lose.

http://www.transience.com.au/pearl.html
http://www.transience.com.au/pearl2.html
http://www.transience.com.au/pearl3.html

My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

Dec 23, 2007 at 12:06:49 AM
Sivak (44)
Ohio
Just thought I'd throw up another screengrab.  I think the interface looks nicer in this build.

Any likes or criticisms?

I may have this done by next month.

Dec 23, 2007 at 12:18:13 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
These are just a couple minor arrangement suggestions. I would shift the gem area over to the left so there is a striped border all the way around it. There it looks like the right side is being cut off. Would also shift the gems down so the black space above top and below bottom is the same. Finally if you are going to have 2 player mode, you will need 2x wins/losses. Overall colors and layout look great. That font is cool, was it a game rip?

Dec 23, 2007 at 12:30:49 AM
Sivak (44)
Ohio
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

These are just a couple minor arrangement suggestions. I would shift the gem area over to the left so there is a striped border all the way around it. There it looks like the right side is being cut off.

This might cause slight annoyance with reconfiguring the attribute table.  I may, but not for a while.

Would also shift the gems down so the black space above top and below bottom is the same.

There can actually be up to 40 gems and that's what the lower row of each color is used for.  It's blank for all of them as there aren't enough on their lines to merit using the lower row.

Finally if you are going to have 2 player mode, you will need 2x wins/losses. Overall colors and layout look great. That font is cool, was it a game rip?

Good call on the 2 player mode.  I could probably change the captions.  The font is from the old SSI Gold Box games and I personally made it into a TTF format like 2 years ago.  It can be found below.

http://www.zone38.net/font/contrib/

Jan 3, 2008 at 8:13:06 PM
Widar (22)
(Mattias Widar) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
I'd love to see a dope/drug wars as well! Loved it on my Ti-86 and my earlier PC's. Would love to have it on a cart! Easy, small strategy games like that rock.

Need help getting that awesome Euro stuff from Tradera.com? Just ask!