NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Tim Atwood Collection™

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 19 at 4:12:09 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
You'r more cantankerous as an ex-mod than a real mod, I love it. Long live WarMonger!

Not sure what sign I flash to acknowledge your sig, but the brotherhood is real.

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jun 19 at 4:13:31 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

You'r more cantankerous as an ex-mod than a real mod, I love it. Long live WarMonger!

Not sure what sign I flash to acknowledge your sig, but the brotherhood is real.

A pierced belly button?

Jun 19 at 4:21:13 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: a3quit4s

Yeah I was curious about the relationship between Tim and NA, like every retro news outlet reported that he was banned here. What was spark notes version of what happened there?

Use the search function and draw your own conclusions. 

Jun 19 at 4:33:05 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Cute. Changing my quote (which is against forum rules, FYI) like that. If I were petty I'd page a moderator.

Huh?   You think I changed your quote?   If I did that somehow it was definitely not intentional.

Not you! Lol. zi did. 

Jun 19 at 4:34:48 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Cute. Changing my quote (which is against forum rules, FYI) like that. If I were petty I'd page a moderator.

I'm not an apologist. I just actually have experience on this topic. Tim hasn't done a thing this time around to stir the drama and hate. Yet here we are.

Even if Bronty did, I would love for you to point out the forum rule that forbids this.

I trim quotes all the time when quoting people to just leave the relevant info.

I’ve been warned for doing the same thing years ago. And it wasn’t Dan, it was zi. 

Jun 19 at 4:43:34 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Yeah I was curious about the relationship between Tim and NA, like every retro news outlet reported that he was banned here. What was spark notes version of what happened there?

Or just let that dead horse stay dead.   

Honestly, the ESPN article is a more insightful read than anything you'll find here as far as origins of how he got his stuff and what he's like.

Jun 19 at 4:48:45 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Or just let that dead horse stay dead.   

Honestly, the ESPN article is a more insightful read than anything you'll find here as far as origins of how he got his stuff and what he's like.

Both are good advice. I’ll probably just let sleeping dogs lie as it seems like no good will come from digging up the past. 

Jun 19 at 5:12:41 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Edit - Not worth it. 

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 05:17 PM by MinusWorlds

Jun 19 at 5:19:07 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Hah yeah this childish behavior doesn't make me feel embarrassed to be part of the same group as some of you. Even if you have 10x the money and collection than I do. Grow up dudes.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 05:19 PM by guitarzombie

Jun 19 at 9:11:03 PM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Lmao

Jun 20 at 1:52:09 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
tim is a nice guy.

eBay listings here

Jun 20 at 3:21:15 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama

I think it's important to mention it because he certainly didn't do anything to deserve any of the hate he's getting.

- MinusWorlds is friends with Tim and convinced Tim to let him post a photo of Tim's sealed shipping case of Stadium Events. This is a sealed case of 6 sealed games, the only one known to exist and wasn't known until then. A few people heard about it, nobody had seen it.
- MinusWorlds posts a photo which you'd need a microscope to see, you couldn't make out anything but a pixelated name on the side with a bright purple watermark across the front. This was followed up with an unlikely story that the case was in storage too far away so he couldn't get more photos and the owner isn't interested in answering questions, a lot of things that would be made up by a 14 year old looking for attention so we thought it was bogus.
- Tim himself joined the forum and posted where people treated him like a liar and Tim didn't seem to care much, which annoyed people more. People demanded Tim be upset by their comments.
- Tim posted he only deals with real collectors and has given 5 figure valued games to friends in the past for $1 because they needed them for their collection.
- Tim posted this is one of three sealed shipping cases of Stadium Events and he opened and gave away the other 12 sealed copies to real collectors with a NDA (non disclosure agreement) so they cannot discuss their origin and cannot sell them. People were outraged by this and thought the new owners should be able to do whatever they want.
- Tim posted he dislikes another sealed collector in the community and it came out that he was referencing RareBucky, a guy that grades sealed games and jacks up the prices. People were outraged and defended well known collector RareBucky. I checked out this guy's eBay page and he was selling a sealed Little Samson at the time for $20,000. Seemed like a true story to me.
- Tim got upset with the moderator team for editing and deleting his comments so he eventually started writing his replies, taking a screenshot of them and then posting the screenshot so it couldn't be modified. Clever.
- Tim was banned for a week or two for reasons I never understood, I think he said the wrong thing to a moderator.
- Tim rarely posted after that but his name lives on in perpituity with threads like this. The wind shall forever whisper the name.........Tim Atwood.........owner of the only known sealed shipping case of Stadium Events on the planet.
- The end.

Tim also sent signed, sealed games to some members here that contacted him. He made them pay for them to prove they were legitimate about really wanting the item, then reversed the payment, giving them the game for free. I thought he seemed pretty nice to do that but then people started kissing his ass to get free games to sell and it went bananas. People got upset he was being worshipped and now feel the need to point out to everyone Tim isn't a god but nobody cares. I personally think our new Stadium Events overlord whom I have never met is very nice.........I welcome our overlord.............CHUB NUB.........CHUB NUB.........

Edited: 06/20/2019 at 03:22 PM by bootload

Jun 20 at 3:29:49 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Giving away 12 sealed copies of SE is absolutely ridiculous. I don't believe it for a second.

Edited: 06/20/2019 at 03:30 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Jun 20 at 3:36:48 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: bootload

- Tim was banned for a week or two for reasons I never understood, I think he said the wrong thing to a moderator.

Yep, you cracked the case, figured it all out!

We are done here.

Edited: 06/20/2019 at 03:37 PM by B.A.