Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I guess ole Atwood wasn't telling the truth..... Stadium Events games will be for sale

LOCKED TOPIC

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:26:07 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Jason, it sounds like we did the same thing with our prototypes: Sold them to fund a more lucrative long term investment. Given what I know about the value of pinball and arcade machines, it looks like we both ended up around the same place financially.

Having the arcade, you have both equity in the games and a stream of income from their revenue. With rental properties, I have equity in the homes I've purchased and a stream of income through the tenants.

Remember though, video games are not a viable investment and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot. We're hoarders who ruined the hobby for the purist, and all the "true" collectors will laugh in our face when the bubble burst...

*Meanwhile Dream and I are taking Scrooge McDuck gold baths.

Exactly. Still waiting for that "bubble" to burst that people have told me about for years and years and years. I mean, these new retro collectors and YouTube channels and new generations of gamers..."surely" they will debunk everything and just pay reasonable prices for everything. lol

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:42:30 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: DreamTR

Jason, it sounds like we did the same thing with our prototypes: Sold them to fund a more lucrative long term investment. Given what I know about the value of pinball and arcade machines, it looks like we both ended up around the same place financially.

Having the arcade, you have both equity in the games and a stream of income from their revenue. With rental properties, I have equity in the homes I've purchased and a stream of income through the tenants.

Remember though, video games are not a viable investment and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot. We're hoarders who ruined the hobby for the purist, and all the "true" collectors will laugh in our face when the bubble burst...

Exactly. Still waiting for that "bubble" to burst that people have told me about for years and years and years. I mean, these new retro collectors and YouTube channels and new generations of gamers..."surely" they will debunk everything and just pay reasonable prices for everything. lol

So the fact that it hasn't happened yet means it'll never happen? 

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:44:05 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: attakid101

It's only a "bubble" if it happens for a short period of time. We're on 20 years of increases right now. 

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:54:25 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Bubbles burst on titles not the hobby as a whole. Like SE cart from 7k to 10k to 13k in 6 months and then back to 7200ish in 6 months. That's a textbook bubble and pop.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:57:27 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho

Originally posted by: attakid101

It's only a "bubble" if it happens for a short period of time. We're on 20 years of increases right now. 
Fine. But does that mean the current market can sustain itself forever? This hobby is currently flooded with "me too's". Seems to me that demand is higher than ever, making it a seller's market. You gotta wonder if there's a tipping point on the horizon.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:14:07 PM
atwoodtm (0)

(Tim Atwood) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Originally posted by: myblackamex

Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Originally posted by: atwoodtm

Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

I agree with most of what Tim said. He certainly got hot headed when bucky pissed him off, but we are all guilty of doing that from time to time. I don't understand why he called jonebone an asshole. All jone said was that Tim wasn't a saint; the same thing Tim himself stated. I don't think jone has any problem with resellers since I'm pretty sure he does his own fair share; he was just pointing out the inconsistencies in Pat's judgment as well as the judgment of others in this thread. Tim is a reseller and probably stands to profit more by doing so than anyone on the planet.

Tim seems like a very interesting guy though (meant in a good way).
You seem like a level headed individual, so I'll talk with you for a moment. I also have principles. Money isn't everything. I'll give you a few examples.

The power Punch 2 game that sold; the winner wanted to cancel so I offered it to no. 2 with the 2nd chance. No, 2 would have won the game cheaper than the 2nd chance offer, if the winner hadn't bid. So I refunded that buyer the difference after he received the game and was happy.

The poster I sold; There were 3 bidder in the $255+ range, The winner at $270, 2nd $265 and 3rd $255. I probably could have sold more by offering to 4,5,6 ect. That wouldn't be fair to ones that paid $255+, so I only sold 2 of them, numbered 1/2 and 2/2. I figured the winnings were unbegotten gains, because it was a joke auction. The profits were donated.

"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"

So... why did you call Jonebone an asshole?  I must be missing something, cause I don't see the connection between what break said and what you said...

My oh My isn't this getting rather interesting...... oh atwood is just repeating drama patterns ...........  but I won't get into that.....  I am getting the best laugh out of this........ 

sometimes it's better to play the fool to catch the wise

You better spain yourself or I'll have to take you off my a$$h O list.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:30:19 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio

Originally posted by: zredgemz

Originally posted by: zredgemz

And his posts and page are now gone.

Once something is put on the internet, it is never gone and that is all i will say.

I'm sure if I sniffed around in Google I could finds them WAYBACK there....

It was not copied there, but WinHTTrack...

You guys are so funny. All of my posts were quoted except 1.

I wasn't talking about the forums, I meant your site. I know you like to think I'm an idiot (Or at least you and your wife metalslime are damn good at giving me that impression), but you've got to give me some credit. 
Then say what you mean and mean what you say.

And his posts and page are now gone.

Neither are gone. My POSTS have been quoted so they aren't gone. My page isn't gone either, it's still in the same place. You just can't see it.
I agree with myblackamex for once.

Don't be a nit-picking twat. 

When I mentioned the posts are gone, I meant YOUR posts were gone, and they ARE gone.  You deleted your own posts.  If you knew they were quoted, then why did you bother deleting them?  I know, I know.  You're going to act like it's part of your master plan, and I'm an idiot for not connecting the dots.

When I mentioned the way back machine I was referring more to the site, since I saw you removed your post on your site too, but it's still in wayback.  And you're incorrect, it's not "the page isn't gone, you just can't see it".  That would give me a 403 unauthorized access or a 5xx type of error for permission issues. http://www.atwoodcs.com/atwoodtm/... returns a 404 error; it's no longer there according to your webserver. Maybe you moved it someplace I can't see, but it's GONE from where it was. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:32:44 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Okay, this has outlived its usefulness.