Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Stadium Events Found at Thrift Shop....

LOCKED TOPIC

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:54:40 PM
ghostbear1986 (10)
(Ghost Bear) < Little Mac >
Rhode Island
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stadium-E...

Saw this pop up a couple days back with one sketchy pic. Asked for more pics and they added some...

I know this is 99% fake and nothing adds up.... found at thrift store in NY but for sale from CA....

Just curious if you guys have seen these pics circulating on the internet prior. I can't imagine there are many sealed copies of SE floating around and if this is fake I am sure that these pics have likely been posted on here prior.

-------------------------
NES 440/677
Wii U 103/160
N64 297/297
Virtual Boy 14/14
Gamecube 553/553

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:57:30 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Not too crazy of a story compared to some, it could be real...I doubt it but you never know

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:28:56 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Looking forward to hearing from our local experts as to whether this is legit. The condition is unbelievable if so.

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:33:55 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
No PCB picts, probably fake  

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:42:31 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

No PCB picts, probably fake  

Better open that bad boy up or no way I'm gonna drop the dough!

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:52:21 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Looks like tim atwood has been donating to charity again.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:55:55 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: alekx

Looks like tim atwood has been donating to charity again.

That must be some potent bud 

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:41:16 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
OP: don't think too much about the location of the seller, they can change that zip code to whatever they want.. I myself have an address on a user ID I made while living in another state, and even through my shipping address is current, it still says the old city I lived in. Besides, the seller states it was found by her mother in law? They could have mailed it to the seller if she asked them.

Dam. Those photos are good. I was waiting for her to use different backgrounds on all of them from a mashup of stolen photos but..

One thing I noticed. The seller said the game was in Astoria, queens. A little research and I'm only seeing GAMESTOP in that area. This is the last thing I would expect from a GameStop in NYC

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Edited: 07/05/2017 at 01:43 AM by SNESfinder-

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:54:03 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: SNESfinder-

OP: don't think too much about the location of the seller, they can change that zip code to whatever they want.. I myself have an address on a user ID I made while living in another state, and even through my shipping address is current, it still says the old city I lived in. Besides, the seller states it was found by her mother in law? They could have mailed it to the seller if she asked them.

Dam. Those photos are good. I was waiting for her to use different backgrounds on all of them from a mashup of stolen photos but..

One thing I noticed. The seller said the game was in Astoria, queens. A little research and I'm only seeing GAMESTOP in that area. This is the last thing I would expect from a GameStop in NYC
Thrift shop not game store

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:20:27 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
seller has no feedback, thats kinda :/

im just glad her husband knew it was rare  

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:36:28 AM
VGS_OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
If that's a fake, then god help us... It's the best goddamn fake I've ever seen! If they can produce something like this, they can produce anything... What if it's real guys!

This is exciting, I will be watching this with great interest!

www.videogamesage.com...

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:24:11 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
This looks totally authentic.

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:26:05 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Looks legit to me, should be interesting. If there is anymore doubt about stolen pics, ask her to upload them with her username in them. Pretty sure she'd be able to.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 5, 2017 at 7:53:25 AM
CBsRetroTs (3)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Could someone please explain to me why this is real? Or why they think its fake?

I don't know so much about fakes, but it seems this wouldn't be impossiple to reproduce. If there are people that spend the time to forge pieces of art...this could be in the same category?

The aged hanger at the top is a nice touch, but it seems doable to fake. I'm not really sure what to look for, but in this condition it could go either way.

I want to believe it's real, but as anyone thinking about putting a bid on it (I am not...out of my league) they need to consider its a good forgery.

Would love to hear what APPEARS to be the selling point or the breaking point of this item? Details please.

I'm on Instagram as @CBsRetroTs. I collect mainly vintage gaming apparel, but you will see other stuff screaming nostalgia as well! WTB: Vintage Gaming Apparel and Promo Apparel (shirts, hats, jackets), NWC 1990 Shirt FT/FO: Always open to ideas!

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:08:09 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
It looks good to me but why wouldn't the seller just remove all doubt and pay to have it graded?

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:14:50 AM
CBsRetroTs (3)
< Crack Trooper >
California
I'm so curious what the steps to have things graded are....now that you say it....

Does anyone know? Is there any chance that a great fake could be deemed as real even when sent to be graded?

I'm on Instagram as @CBsRetroTs. I collect mainly vintage gaming apparel, but you will see other stuff screaming nostalgia as well! WTB: Vintage Gaming Apparel and Promo Apparel (shirts, hats, jackets), NWC 1990 Shirt FT/FO: Always open to ideas!

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:23:15 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Buyatari

It looks good to me but why wouldn't the seller just remove all doubt and pay to have it graded?
Low ROI (IMO), it'll sell well regardless.  Also, before I did my first VGA sub I was extremely nervous about shipping my games anymore than necessary.  They could view that to and from shipment as two more chances item could be lost or damaged in mail.  Those of us who ship alot know that is extremely unlikely, but someone who does it infrequently could be very paranoid.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:13:29 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: CBsRetroTs

Could someone please explain to me why this is real? Or why they think its fake?

I don't know so much about fakes, but it seems this wouldn't be impossiple to reproduce. If there are people that spend the time to forge pieces of art...this could be in the same category?

The aged hanger at the top is a nice touch, but it seems doable to fake. I'm not really sure what to look for, but in this condition it could go either way.

I want to believe it's real, but as anyone thinking about putting a bid on it (I am not...out of my league) they need to consider its a good forgery.

Would love to hear what APPEARS to be the selling point or the breaking point of this item? Details please.

the game in that picture is real as far as I can tell.

Now what if I saved that picture and put up my own listing using it?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:42:59 AM
zeroone (0)

< Little Mac >
A few months back, I saw an eBay auction for a slabbed Magnavox Odyssey still in the manufacturers cardboard shipping box.  Meaning, you get a sealed acryllic shell around a brown cardboard box marked Odyssey.  Like this Stadium Events auction, you are taking it on faith that something real is actually hidden within the box.  I'm sure it's possible to authenticate the box from the printing, plastics and wear.  But, the contents within will always remain invisible unless you are willing to break the seals to find out for sure, assuming an X-ray might harm the electronics.  That's a gamble and a tough sell.  You're bidding on a box.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:54:23 AM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
looks very legit, even discoloration on the hang tag.

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:01:06 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: CBsRetroTs

I'm so curious what the steps to have things graded are....now that you say it....

Does anyone know? Is there any chance that a great fake could be deemed as real even when sent to be graded?
Step 1: Send to VGA.

Step 2: Get it back slabbed.

Step 3: ?????

Step 4: Profit!

People debate the merit of grading a game, but I am pretty sure that they can tell if it was a fake.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:04:10 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: zeroone
  I'm sure it's possible to authenticate the box from the printing, plastics and wear.  But, the contents within will always remain invisible unless you are willing to break the seals to find out for sure, assuming an X-ray might harm the electronics.  That's a gamble and a tough sell.  You're bidding on a box.
The type of seal on the plastic AFAIK has yet to be perfectly replicated.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:05:23 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I wish I could be one of the lucky bastards to find an SE at a thrift store.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:08:28 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

I wish I could be one of the lucky bastards to find an SE at a thrift store.

me too. I'd bring it here for auction starting at $1  

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:13:00 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Oh yeah, I'd take pictures of it... Maybe hang on to it for a short while just to show it off... but that thing is just pure money. Pay off my car or something.