Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Another flea market find.

Apr 27, 2008 at 8:14:04 PM
MarioShroomed (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Daniel Powers) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio

I found some more atari games today at the flea market.  130 to be exact.  And theres even a story to go with it.  I was flea marketing for about an hour today and was pissed that i hadnt found anything worth my money.  Then before were about to leave I meet up with a guy i've talked to before (and i think bought games from).  He had all 130 atari games.  So I offered him 50 for all the games!

Then he gave me that look, (are you out of your fucking mind)?  Then he offered me 80 and i could have all the games.  I told him i didn't have 80 on me and that i would buy them once i get the money ( I was serious about buying the games for 80).  Then not even 2 minutes later, one of the guy's kids came up to me tugging on my shirt and said, "My daddy wants to take you up on your offer".

I was surprised that the guy would accept 50 for it all when i agreed to 80!  But I went back there and got all 130 games for only 50!  Out of all those games there was about a dozen or so I didn't already have.  The rest i'm saving for when i open my own booth (hopefully next weekend).

Some of the ganes I found (and still needed) are, Swordquest Earthworld, Fire Fighter, Venture (with a picture), and, Midnight Magic.  There were a few others i cant remember.

So how did I do?  If you do the math, then you'll figure that i paid approx. .38 cents per game!  Considering that most atari games will sell for a dollar or more, I feel that that's one of the BEST deals i've gotten in quite a few monts.

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:52:34 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia

if they were all common thats a good deal  if there was anything rare it would be even better.  most common go for 50 cents or so

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:13:00 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Yeah, bro...what games were they? Also...you wouldn't happen to be interested in even more Atari stuff, would you? I've got an apple box that's got a ton of games in it (110 or so, a few AtariAge R4's, and I think one or two R6's)...I'd sell them all fairly cheaply (under a dollar a game before shipping...and maybe under a dollar a game after shipping).

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:10:57 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
I'm certain the majority of these are probably like Pac-Man / Combat / Missile Command / Asteroids etc... if the ones you listed are the only ones you noted as needing. You may have some scarce variants jiding in there as people generally don't buy those but as a general rule, common Atari games are COMMON. Moreso than you're used to in NES. The spectrum for Atari games in terms of rarity is way wider than NES. There's a very fine line in terms of quantity available between an R1/R2 NES games and an R5/R6. You'll frequently find R5/R6 carts in the wild, anywhere in the USA. With atari, you'll find literally hundreds of R1's before you come across a single R5. Very tough. Very highly regional too, many third party VCS games never made it to some regions, much less out of larger cities.

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:13:56 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
That is true, as well... I've seen probably a total of 800-1000 or so Atari games at flea markets around here (all-time), and I think I've seen maybe 1% of those that'd be R5 or greater (and none that I can recall that were R7 or better).

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.