Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge.com pages in desperate need of updating

Sep 18 at 5:11:18 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I'd think it would be in the best interest of both past and present owner(s) of NintendoAge.com if the following URL's were updated ASAP:

http://nintendoage.com/pub/faq/NA...
I don't think that this name/mailing address is applicable any longer

I don't believe that the new owners have made any changes to the FAQ. I think now would be a good time to review and make it better advertised for members

What qualifies as an affiliate? As NintendoAge.com is now owned by a for-profit entity, I think that updates and clarifications to the affiliates page is in order.

Thank you and keep on keeping on. Boobs.

Sep 18 at 6:11:42 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
I would settle for any acknowledgement from ownership that he remembers this forum exists and he is at all interested in it's continued existence. Because I do not get that vibe at all.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 18 at 7:38:53 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Lincoln

I would settle for any acknowledgement from ownership that he remembers this forum exists and he is at all interested in it's continued existence. Because I do not get that vibe at all.

I mean, to be totally fair, he's paying $600 or so a month to keep it alive just cuz. Dain wasn't exactly active himself for the last decade. At the very least, little to nothing has CHANGED.

Sep 18 at 10:30:01 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Just lay low and keep quiet so he forgets that it's costing him money and he doesn't shut it off.

Sep 18 at 10:50:41 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Nothing is getting updated, mang. Just rejoice that the lights are still on

Sep 18 at 10:57:04 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
As much as I hate to say it, this site feels pretty dead now. Don't really think it matters at this point.

Edited: 09/18/2019 at 10:57 PM by acromite53

Sep 18 at 11:47:03 PM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
This site feels dead? Nintendoage is to Vegas , as Segaage is to yellowknife

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Sep 19 at 12:07:40 AM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Well I mean...how does it work? Is it already someone's task? Do you make a petition to allow a volunteer member access to start doing updates and general... you know debuggie computerish things..(look, just cuz I play Nintendo doesn't mean I'm IT.)

Sounds like folks are feeling like a hamster that was purchased for someone's daughter when she was 10, and now she's 13 and the hamster is gettin pretty old, but she's 13 and doesn't really care about the hamster any more, so while she's out doing 13 year old shit, the mom is like always cleaning out the cage and taking care of it and just bitching about how the daughter never gets another pet cuz she doesn't take care about this one....
edit: I been drinking, I’m sorry. Bedtime 

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Edited: 09/19/2019 at 12:09 AM by DaneNES

Sep 19 at 10:24:07 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: SNESfinder-

This site feels dead? Nintendoage is to Vegas , as Segaage is to yellowknife

I don't know what yellowknife is, which I think supports your point!

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Sep 19 at 10:32:15 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
As long as this site is archived properly after the plug gets pulled I will be happy. RIP Assembler games.

Sep 19 at 10:32:30 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Nothing is getting updated, mang. Just rejoice that the lights are still on

This.

Sep 19 at 10:38:03 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I didn't expect the thread to go this way, but thanks guys  

But seriously -- if I were Dain, I'd want that first page edited. I'm surprised he didn't do it himself on the way out. It's a static page publicly claiming ownership, liability, and a mailing address. Not that anything we do explicitly violates IP or copyright rules, but still -- so much for walking away if your name is still on it.

Sep 19 at 12:13:58 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: DaneNES

Well I mean...how does it work? Is it already someone's task? Do you make a petition to allow a volunteer member access to start doing updates and general... you know debuggie computerish things..(look, just cuz I play Nintendo doesn't mean I'm IT.)

Sounds like folks are feeling like a hamster that was purchased for someone's daughter when she was 10, and now she's 13 and the hamster is gettin pretty old, but she's 13 and doesn't really care about the hamster any more, so while she's out doing 13 year old shit, the mom is like always cleaning out the cage and taking care of it and just bitching about how the daughter never gets another pet cuz she doesn't take care about this one....
edit: I been drinking, I'm sorry. Bedtime 

I had contacted dain several times about working on the site and he expressed interest but it never happened. He at least replied to my pm though. I sent the same offer to the new guy and he hasn't bothered to respond. I'm a developer by profession and would be down to work on the site for free just because it's important to me.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 19 at 12:18:37 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: barrels

But seriously -- if I were Dain, I'd want that first page edited. I'm surprised he didn't do it himself on the way out. It's a static page publicly claiming ownership, liability, and a mailing address. Not that anything we do explicitly violates IP or copyright rules, but still -- so much for walking away if your name is still on it.
If he doesn't care, why would anyone else?

Sep 19 at 12:21:37 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Fair enough.

Sleeping dogs, all of that. I'll resist the urge to bring this up again.

Sep 19 at 12:25:56 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

I had contacted dain several times about working on the site and he expressed interest but it never happened. He at least replied to my pm though. I sent the same offer to the new guy and he hasn't bothered to respond. I'm a developer by profession and would be down to work on the site for free just because it's important to me.

He's simply not interested in making any changes to NA, full stop. I'm a developer on his payroll and can tell you that it's exactly as he's said publicly in the buyout announcement thread. He has no plans of making any changes whatsoever to NA proper.

Sep 19 at 12:29:15 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: barrels

Fair enough.

Sleeping dogs, all of that. I'll resist the urge to bring this up again.
I’ll bump this thread in 2 months anyways.

Sep 19 at 1:52:14 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Gloves

He's simply not interested in making any changes to NA, full stop. I'm a developer on his payroll and can tell you that it's exactly as he's said publicly in the buyout announcement thread. He has no plans of making any changes whatsoever to NA proper.

Is he willing to fix things though? I think he is the only one that has access to tweaking certain things in the database.  So if a game say got entered twice I think he has to be the one to delete an entry? Is that a possibility or not something he cares about?

Sep 19 at 2:25:34 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

Is he willing to fix things though? I think he is the only one that has access to tweaking certain things in the database.  So if a game say got entered twice I think he has to be the one to delete an entry? Is that a possibility or not something he cares about?

That I can't say. I'd have to ask him.

Sep 19 at 2:52:00 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

I'm a developer on his payroll

Figurative payroll?

Disappointing to hear that he isn't open to change, even if it's free of charge.  Not surprised in the least either though.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 19 at 3:21:39 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Figurative payroll?

Disappointing to hear that he isn't open to change, even if it's free of charge.  Not surprised in the least either though.

Literal. I do freelance consulting for Gocollect. Graphics and website work.

Sep 19 at 3:47:16 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States

Figurative payroll?

GET HIM!!!!!!! 

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 19 at 3:58:22 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Figurative payroll?

GET HIM!!!!!!! 

Don't make me take NA down again, cuz I will!

Sep 19 at 4:02:28 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan

Originally posted by: sadikyo

Figurative payroll?

GET HIM!!!!!!! 

Don't make me take NA down again, cuz I will!

DO IT, BET YOU WON'T! *gets the ban*

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Sep 19 at 4:28:25 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado
Gloves is drunk with power