Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So I completed a Wii set. My story, guide to Wii rares and Pics!

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:18:16 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: XYZ

Congratulations Twizer! You beat me!  

Ha, thanks man.  I apperciate your help and advise along the way.   

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:16:53 PM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/...

Look who made front page of IGN!

-------------------------
For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:51:33 PM
alpodt (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: KAMIKAWA

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/26/someone-collected-all...

it's someone else, they're referring to a poster from the other less known Nintendo forum, NintedoAge...  

Edited: 01/26/2017 at 07:01 PM by alpodt

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:58:55 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Amazing accomplishment. Congrats!!

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:28:51 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: alpodt

it's someone else, they're referring to a poster from the other less known Nintendo forum, NintedoAge...  

Crap, thats crazy!  Spreading some love to Nintendoage as well.    

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:31:43 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
I'm glad I could help complete that set with one of the rarest games  

Congratulations man! that is quite an achievement.

Edited: 01/26/2017 at 07:32 PM by buttheadrulesagain

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:31:47 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

This is more amazing than completing the set, haha.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:35:31 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

oh boy, can't wait to read them comments 

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:45:18 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious:

" As a collector myself (definitely not Wii though), I can say that this guy is an idiot. There's literally over 1,000 horrible games for the Wii. Any collector who collects just to have shelf candy you never play is a tool. Guys like this ruin it for the collectors who are gamers and just want games to play. The fact that his top priority was to list all the rare games (look at me, I have stuff you don't have!) proves what a douche he is. And look at those "rare" games. Nothing but turds. And this guy is proud of it.

Also, he probably paid double what this collection will be worth in 10 years. Wii games, especially the really bad ones, are NOT easy to find - because they're locked away in grandma's attic. You don't see many Wii games at pawn shops or flea markets (where you'd get a deal). He bought most of these online and shipping alone would cost him more than about 800 of these will ever be worth. Eventually, all these shovel Wii games will be all over the place, but you don't run out and do a full set for a console that's barely a decade old. That's just stupid.

Guys like this are the reason prices for retro games have gone up. He couldn't find any, so he decided he'd go for the worst collection in gaming history. Screw this guy. This garabge will be on Ebay within a year."

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:48:32 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

" As a collector myself (definitely not Wii though), I can say that this guy is an idiot. There's literally over 1,000 horrible games for the Wii. Any collector who collects just to have shelf candy you never play is a tool. Guys like this ruin it for the collectors who are gamers and just want games to play. The fact that his top priority was to list all the rare games (look at me, I have stuff you don't have!) proves what a douche he is. And look at those "rare" games. Nothing but turds. And this guy is proud of it.

Also, he probably paid double what this collection will be worth in 10 years. Wii games, especially the really bad ones, are NOT easy to find - because they're locked away in grandma's attic. You don't see many Wii games at pawn shops or flea markets (where you'd get a deal). He bought most of these online and shipping alone would cost him more than about 800 of these will ever be worth. Eventually, all these shovel Wii games will be all over the place, but you don't run out and do a full set for a console that's barely a decade old. That's just stupid.

Guys like this are the reason prices for retro games have gone up. He couldn't find any, so he decided he'd go for the worst collection in gaming history. Screw this guy. This garabge will be on Ebay within a year."

Ha, so much anger.  Yeah, I read a couple and then stopped.  It's all good stuff.  Normally anytime I see my collection posted on websites or social media I'll jump into the comment section and join in  "this is a terrible collection" or "this guy is a virgin"  (don't tell my wife or four kids) it's always a fun time.   

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:56:51 PM
ZachAttack (1)
< Lolo Lord >
Zimbabwe
I can't believe how fast that Data East Collection shot up in price. A year or so ago I decided to pillage all the Gamestops to get all the uncommon Wii games before they stopped selling them and it took me forever to find Klonoa but I saw Data East Collection everywhere for like 1.99

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:00:55 PM
ZachAttack (1)
< Lolo Lord >
Zimbabwe

I'm with him on the whole "owning 1000 horrible games is stupid" thing but I don't understand how that ruins it for people who want to play them. I mean if he played and completed all these games would that somehow make the price go down for other collectors? Like, he already bought the games, what difference does it make in terms of the price of games whether he plays them or not?

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:03:15 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
What a story and collection. Congrats.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:23:20 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
(Abraham Hernandez) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
Congrats all around on completing the wii set now the hard part finding all the variants yikes! Kidding aside it's always a breath of fresh air to see long time members aka the "OG" dispute on the moral standards and obligations on how a game collector should behave because much like war nothing ever changes and opinions never become facts because wisdom often takes a back seat to moral shenanigans haha 😀.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:46:25 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: ZachAttack

I'm with him on the whole "owning 1000 horrible games is stupid" thing but I don't understand how that ruins it for people who want to play them. I mean if he played and completed all these games would that somehow make the price go down for other collectors? Like, he already bought the games, what difference does it make in terms of the price of games whether he plays them or not?

It doesn't, the guy posting that message just happened to be a complete idiot lol

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:48:43 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Quazonk

Originally posted by: ZachAttack

It doesn't, the guy posting that message just happened to be a complete idiot lol

the best part was how he paid double what this Collection will be worth in ten years, yet he's still the reason retro games are so expensive 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:39:52 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Love the display man! I've always loved Nintendo controllers too (namely the N64, Gamecube and Wii variations) so it's cool to see them displayed alongside the games and consoles. Congrats!

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:30:03 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Awesome! I'm still around 200 left. The double packs are the insanity of the wii. I feel like the wii will have 2 badges, like the NES. Complete w/ Double Packs and Complete w/o. How far along are you with the Cardboard cased games? It has been a fun subset I go to when feeling burnt out.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:21:56 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Congrats on the ign article!!!

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:41:43 AM
huskyunit (2)
(PattheNESDrunk ) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Congrats dude, I am no where near complete (around 500). Been kind of taking the slow burn approach, probably going to regret it too. Thanks for the info.

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:59:17 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Rcjdm97

Awesome! I'm still around 200 left. The double packs are the insanity of the wii. I feel like the wii will have 2 badges, like the NES. Complete w/ Double Packs and Complete w/o. How far along are you with the Cardboard cased games? It has been a fun subset I go to when feeling burnt out.

By cardboard cases are taking about the outer sleeves, like Medevil Games?

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:52:06 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Yeah, the comment section of the IGN article was pretty entertaining, but after a while I felt like my IQ was dropping. I guess I can't stand people who don't know anything about video games trying to talk about video games.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:54:51 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:02:34 PM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin

Now Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/a-complete-wii-collection-is-an-impressive...

Awesome, you're a regular celebrity!  PS great video and nice intro, are you an animator?

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 12:02 PM by KAMIKAWA

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:10:45 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming

Now Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/a-complete-wii-collection-is-an-impressive...

Awesome, you're a regular celebrity!  PS great video and nice intro, are you an animator?

Ha, I can't walk down the street without handing off autographs, it's getting ridiculous. (I begrudging except my 30 seconds of internet fame, people will forget about it by tomorrow, no worries).

Thanks, I can’t take credit for the intro.  I was in a rush and found a cool looking premade template.