Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Twin Famicom with lot of games

Feb 11 at 1:13:14 PM
Khromak (16)

(Sean Dumont) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Found this lot on Reddit and absolutely had to have it. I've been thinking about getting a FDS to be able to play a few of the exclusives and seeing this lot I couldn't resist it. Got everything here (the system is RGB modded) for $500.

Feb 11 at 5:16:30 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
(Matthew Sizemore) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Awesome find! Looks like you will be set for years with famicom stuff to play.

-------------------------

Feb 11 at 5:27:14 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Damn nice haul, some great titles in there.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Feb 11 at 9:53:22 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Oh man..very nice! I have the same model AN 505 BK Twin Famicom. I think this might be the only Famicom that came with a power LED (not sure about the titler).

Feb 11 at 11:06:49 PM
Khromak (16)

New York
Yeah I am over the moon with excitement about the games and the system. I'm having some problems with the controllers on the famicom right now, they're not pushing any signal to the console at all, but it plays well and looks/sounds great. Even if the system never works properly (which I will definitely resolve one way or another) the deal was still incredible and it includes pretty much every famicom & FDS game I could want.

I took the day off work to get it set up and play some of the games, I've messed around with a few games so far, I'm definitely going to put some mileage on everything.

Feb 11 at 11:19:43 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Batman is there. I approve.

Is that a Recca bootleg?

Feb 12 at 3:00:26 AM
Khromak (16)

New York
Thought I saw something called recca, not sure what if anything was a bootleg. The cases are all post- market plastic cases and none of the games have instructions except the FDS games. And after I took the picture I realized the ninja garden in the bottom right goes in the box in the bottom left, it's not a duplicate, and there's a volleyball FDS underneath one of the other disc games.

All in all, couldn't be happier

Edited: 02/12/2019 at 03:01 AM by Khromak

Feb 12 at 3:42:37 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Batman is there. I approve.

Is that a Recca bootleg?
Your gonna hurt Miko’s feelings mentioning that summer carnival   

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Feb 12 at 9:06:56 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
That's all good games , no fillers. For $500 its more than a steal on your part. I'd check the carts to make sure they aren't reproduction, same with boxes though. ..

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Feb 12 at 9:07:31 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
That's all good games , no fillers. For $500 its more than a steal on your part. I'd check the carts to make sure they aren't repr

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Feb 12 at 9:39:43 AM
A2600 (17)
(Letter Carrier) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Nice selection!!

Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Feb 12 at 12:41:04 PM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Holy shit what a scoop. There are more than enough must have games to recover your $ if you parted some out. Good luck on Recca!  

Edited: 02/12/2019 at 12:41 PM by Yelir

Feb 12 at 2:37:19 PM
turbografx 17 (0)
< Little Mac >
that's alot of great games nice grab

Related image

Feb 13 at 3:06:00 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
(Matthew Sizemore) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Khromak

Yeah I am over the moon with excitement about the games and the system. I'm having some problems with the controllers on the famicom right now, they're not pushing any signal to the console at all, but it plays well and looks/sounds great. Even if the system never works properly (which I will definitely resolve one way or another) the deal was still incredible and it includes pretty much every famicom & FDS game I could want.

I took the day off work to get it set up and play some of the games, I've messed around with a few games so far, I'm definitely going to put some mileage on everything.

What was wrong with the controllers? Generally not too hard to fix controller issues just let us know what the issue is or was. I always like to learn resolutions to problems like this because might be good to learn from.

Feb 13 at 4:02:42 PM
Khromak (16)

New York
I'm not sure if the p2 controller actually has a problem, but the p1 Start and select buttons won't work. I've booted up a bunch of games and can't get past the start screen on any of them.

Tried opening up the controller, cleaning the contacts on the PC and the rubber pieces, and checked continuity from the controller to the famicom mainboard. Still haven't figured out what the problem is. Maybe the chip on the controller?

Feb 14 at 6:03:04 PM
Khromak (16)

New York
Update: I'm an idiot.

I cleaned off the controller etc. as I said above, but after some more testing I think the issue was....I wasn't pressing start hard enough. I can get start to work every time now if I really purposefully press the button down, but if I just tap it, it doesn't register. I think all my tests before, I was just pressing the button lightly and THOUGHT it was broken.

Can't be 100% sure without a time machine, but I'm 99% sure the whole controller ordeal was just me being a dumby.

Feb 14 at 6:04:22 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I'd give the start button's contact point a really good alcohol cleaning.

Did you find out if the Recca Summer Carnival was real?

Feb 14 at 6:05:54 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Khromak

Update: I'm an idiot.

I cleaned off the controller etc. as I said above, but after some more testing I think the issue was....I wasn't pressing start hard enough. I can get start to work every time now if I really purposefully press the button down, but if I just tap it, it doesn't register. I think all my tests before, I was just pressing the button lightly and THOUGHT it was broken.

Can't be 100% sure without a time machine, but I'm 99% sure the whole controller ordeal was just me being a dumby.

3 of my 6 SNES controllers were like that. Problem was, that I never made a point to mark them until recently. Thus, I always thought I was having phantom issues. Infuriating for sure.

Feb 20 at 9:02:38 PM
OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
The conductive pad on the bottom of buttons can also degrade over time, depending on age and the conditions of storage, and other forms of wear. Certainly cleaning the contact with alcohol should help, but you also might want to look into replacing the actual button itself if the problem persists.

Also, it's funny to say "bottom of buttons" out loud. Also, great score!  

***Help me finish my N64 set!!!***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...
***I will pay good money for YOUR shovelware sports games!!!***

Feb 23 at 10:53:31 PM
Oneinchbiceps (4)
(John ) < Tourian Tourist >
West Virginia
Hope when you called off work you didn't use playing video games as the excuse.