Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collection Tool Bug Thread Find a bug, please add it here.

May 7, 2012 at 12:09:55 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
I don't think this is a bug, but it is something I noticed when adding VGA items to my collection. Is there any way of adding the plus grades into the scale. What I do now is mark as 85 and then in the comments I'll note it's an 85+.

May 25, 2012 at 7:02:56 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: theguy1962

I don't think this is a bug, but it is something I noticed when adding VGA items to my collection. Is there any way of adding the plus grades into the scale. What I do now is mark as 85 and then in the comments I'll note it's an 85+.

Not yet. I was working on this a while back and ran into some issue getting it to work correctly. The problem is that we use averages, sums, etc, and those don't average well unless I assign an arbitrary value to them. So 85+ would have to be assigned as 87.5, and 85- would end up being 82.5. I may just go that route then wait for people to complain that my math is wrong!

May 25, 2012 at 10:40:57 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Your math is wrong!

But seriously, why in the world wont these 4 collections stay deleted? I have deleted these things about 50 times over the months and they just keep coming back laughing and mocking me

Is this a bug or whats going on?

Edited: 05/25/2012 at 10:41 AM by Mog

May 26, 2012 at 11:09:48 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: theguy1962

Not yet. I was working on this a while back and ran into some issue getting it to work correctly. The problem is that we use averages, sums, etc, and those don't average well unless I assign an arbitrary value to them. So 85+ would have to be assigned as 87.5, and 85- would end up being 82.5. I may just go that route then wait for people to complain that my math is wrong!

I just implemented this, so we'll see what happens. 80+ = 82.5 (under the hood), 85+ = 87.5, etc... Let me know if you find any issues with it.

May 26, 2012 at 11:10:48 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Mog

Your math is wrong!

But seriously, why in the world wont these 4 collections stay deleted? I have deleted these things about 50 times over the months and they just keep coming back laughing and mocking me

Is this a bug or whats going on?

It's not a bug, but by design. There are a default of 4 collections when you start. Consider them "system" collections -- if you remove them all, they come back as defaults.

May 30, 2012 at 2:39:26 AM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
Not a bug, but maybe something that got missed by accident. Star Fox Adventures is listed twice under the GameCube games list. The codes are different, but I think the one without the -USA was added by mistake. The one without the -USA has a picture of the disc which clearly shows it has the -USA on the disc. Hope I'm not sounding redundant, just want to make sure I'm clear in what I'm saying.

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:49:28 AM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Not sure about this one, but this has confused me:

Go to Manage Collections, and add a new collection by clicking "New Collection Wizard."

Select NES for the console, and Unclassified as the region. Create the collection.

It says "Results 1 - 5 out of 5 total records found." but there is only one game listed.

Also, if you select more than one region (for example, Unclassified + USA) the result total shows up as 772. But the total for USA alone is 768, and the total shown for Unclassified is 5 (even though it's 1?). What's up with that?

-------------------------

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:28:05 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other

Features that are Currently Disabled or in progress:
  • Variations tracking (delta icon on edit page)
  • Collection comments
  • Collection offers (to buy/trade)
  • Completion: maps, charts, etc.
  • Completion: guide books, hint books, etc.
  • Completion: posters, inserts, registration cards, etc.
  • Advanced search on Collection pages.

Just wondering if this feature made it in yet or am I doing something wrong? (Besides replying to a thread that hasn't been updated in 4 years).

I neeeeeed my insert fix!

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:54:43 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: skylersz

• Collection comments

Just wondering if this feature made it in yet or am I doing something wrong? (Besides replying to a thread that hasn't been updated in 4 years).

Not really... we've re-tooled some areas of the database to allow you to search directly for those things, but we've not "tied" them all together in the collection tool (at least not in the way most would probably like it to be).

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:59:17 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other

Originally posted by: skylersz

• Collection comments

Not really... we've re-tooled some areas of the database to allow you to search directly for those things, but we've not "tied" them all together in the collection tool (at least not in the way most would probably like it to be).

I'm looking at just adding my own items manually. It has the 3 check boxes there but they are greyed out. Is there some magic P switch you could throw to make them active for manual adds?

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:02:12 PM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
While I'm here I may as well ask about a possible bug/user error on my part.

I am editing an item of mine and changing the Category from Game to Accessory and I am getting this message: "Multi-tabbed browsing is a shark. And it just bit you in the ass, buddy. *chomp* *chomp*"
I have tabs open, but not of the item, just other NA pages. I tried with a fresh browser session but still no joy.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:26:47 PM
Niiue (0)
< Little Mac >
Colorado
I can't delete Pipe Dream from my collection. It keeps coming back when I refresh the page.

EDIT: And now it's affecting Section-Z.

EDIT: And now it's fixed.

Owner of a wiki for unreleased games.

Edited: 12/16/2015 at 12:16 AM by Niiue