Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Solaris and submitting million scores... Built in cheat option.

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:11:15 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
So I realised that Solaris will still record your score into flash memory even if you back out to the RetroVGS menu on the initial entry screen. This is good to know.

Like Xmas 2013, there is a built in cheats option to start with one million bonus points and play with additional lives and an improved blaster. To me, playing in this mode is more fun because I can progress farther into the game, yet I have mixed feelings about submitting scores in this mode.

Scoreboard submission should be about competition and skill by not using the built in cheats to progress further and start with a million points. Now everyone who plans to submit a score will need to enable this mode to be competitive.

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Currently it's just me and Bunnyboy who've submitted entires so far, and I don't want to be labelled as a troll by posting million point scores. I just wanted to get others' thoughts on this.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 10/20/2016 at 06:14 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:12:09 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Well, it's not the purest scoreboard when it comes to scores being legit anyway. It's "just for fun". Playing your way will probably mess up rank points for people who want to post a score without the million point bonus off the bat.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:43:27 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I don't really see a good workaround besides "show all" on the website and skip to the first non-million point submission. I find the default fire rate a bit slow for my liking and using a turbo stick will not increase throughput.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...