Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

TMNT Tournament Fighters NES (PAL) ¿Proto?

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:02:18 AM
kerobscure (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
A friend gave me this game and I know that the original version is worth about 100 dollars, but this version I do not know what price can reach ... Any ideas?

Gameplay of the cartridge: 

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:46:36 AM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio
It is definitely a prototype. My guess would be $200-$300. There was a similar one that sat on eBay for a while. I'm not sure, but I don't think that one sold. I don't follow pal prototypes as closely I do NTSC.

Edit: I just read your description in the protoculture forum. Known differences will boost the value. The cooler the differences the bigger the boost.  

-------------------------

Edited: 04/14/2017 at 10:52 AM by Xerxes

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:53:13 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Xerxes

It is definitely a prototype. My guess would be $200-$300. There was a similar one that sat on eBay for a while. I'm not sure, but I don't think that one sold. I don't follow pal prototypes as closely I do NTSC.
Interesting, though, I watched the vid and even though the label has Germany written on it, the cart looks completely like the NTSC cart.  Is there a chance that this was outsource developed in Germany and, possibly, this cart was sent to the US for distributor review and/or final testing?

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:04:31 AM
Xerxes (20)
Ohio
Originally posted by: rlh

Interesting, though, I watched the vid and even though the label has Germany written on it, the cart looks completely like the NTSC cart.  Is there a chance that this was outsource developed in Germany and, possibly, this cart was sent to the US for distributor review and/or final testing?

It is definitely possible. I have seen it the other way, where it was labeled NTSC, but was PAL. I doubt it though. The lockout chip is PAL B. Also it is hero turtles.

Sound differences could be due to a mismatch between system and cart. For example NTSC system and PAL cart. OP, what type of system did you test this on?

Edited: 04/14/2017 at 11:13 AM by Xerxes

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:27:11 AM
kerobscure (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama

It is definitely possible. I have seen it the other way, where it was labeled NTSC, but was PAL. I doubt it though. The lockout chip is PAL B. Also it is hero turtles.

Sound differences could be due to a mismatch between system and cart. For example NTSC system and PAL cart. OP, what type of system did you test this on?

In a PAL Spanish console, i got four copies of the prototype :')

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:48:37 AM
Xerxes (20)
Ohio
Originally posted by: kerobscure

In a PAL Spanish console, i got four copies of the prototype :' 
I would love to see photos of all of them, especially the PCBs.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:54:03 AM
kerobscure (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:08:13 PM
Xerxes (20)
Ohio

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=35&th...

It is hard to tell, but that looks like several pictures of the same cart. I would love to see pictures of all four of them.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:39:59 PM
kerobscure (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama

It is hard to tell, but that looks like several pictures of the same cart. I would love to see pictures of all four of them.

Currently I only have access to one of them, I have them in another city

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:52:42 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Being PAL definitely hurts the value.