NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Favourite Console Growing Up More directed to younger na members

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:44:35 PM
Zoso471 (13)
(--Anthony --) < El Ripper >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Plastik Gold

well, i was born in '84 and there are some people older than me in this thread, so i guess i'm young enough to participate. 

my grandpa was always all about new technology and gadgets and i remember him giving me and my older brother his intellivision once he got bored with it. we didn't have it long because my mom didn't like the fact that it came with a poker and blackjack game.

maybe a couple years later he gave us a brand new nes action set for christmas. my mom quickly confiscated the light gun so we only enjoyed duck hunt at friends houses. in case you haven't picked up on it, my mom didn't really want us having anything to do with video games so we were stuck with the nes for a looooong time. i remember my friends having having the latest playstation games and i  still had that old nintendo and the original 20 or so games we accumulated over the years.

eventually, when i was about 15, my mom got us a super nintendo second hand. not long after, her hate for video games lifted for whatever reason and everyone was allowed to get what they wanted.

i remember being perplexed last christmas when my mom bought my then 17 year old brother gears of war 2 and fallout 3 for his 360.

my how times changed...

i still have my nes from back then... it's beat to hell and i don't really use it anymore (i keep it boxed, i really only tracked it down for nostalgia reasons) but it still works. i bought a refurbished nes about 5 years ago when i got back into collecting for the nes.

dude i can relate so much, my mom was the exact same way, i wasnt allowed to have any type of gun in the house, including nerf guns which was a huge bummer. i remember she almost didnt get me halo because she thought it was too violent...now she's pretty much accepted the fact that almost all the good video games are violent

-------------------------

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:19:33 PM
##### (15)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Australian Capital Territory
Originally posted by: Zoso471

Originally posted by: Plastik Gold

well, i was born in '84 and there are some people older than me in this thread, so i guess i'm young enough to participate. 

my grandpa was always all about new technology and gadgets and i remember him giving me and my older brother his intellivision once he got bored with it. we didn't have it long because my mom didn't like the fact that it came with a poker and blackjack game.

maybe a couple years later he gave us a brand new nes action set for christmas. my mom quickly confiscated the light gun so we only enjoyed duck hunt at friends houses. in case you haven't picked up on it, my mom didn't really want us having anything to do with video games so we were stuck with the nes for a looooong time. i remember my friends having having the latest playstation games and i  still had that old nintendo and the original 20 or so games we accumulated over the years.

eventually, when i was about 15, my mom got us a super nintendo second hand. not long after, her hate for video games lifted for whatever reason and everyone was allowed to get what they wanted.

i remember being perplexed last christmas when my mom bought my then 17 year old brother gears of war 2 and fallout 3 for his 360.

my how times changed...

i still have my nes from back then... it's beat to hell and i don't really use it anymore (i keep it boxed, i really only tracked it down for nostalgia reasons) but it still works. i bought a refurbished nes about 5 years ago when i got back into collecting for the nes.

dude i can relate so much, my mom was the exact same way, i wasnt allowed to have any type of gun in the house, including nerf guns which was a huge bummer. i remember she almost didnt get me halo because she thought it was too violent...now she's pretty much accepted the fact that almost all the good video games are violent

ah man, i remember nerf. we definitely couldn't have that stuff, either. i had a friend who had a big ass two story house and every nerf gun imaginable... we'd run all through the house shooting each other.

another memory i have, is that one year for my birthday i asked my grandma to get me mario kart for our snes. well, they didn't sell snes games anymore at that point and so she assumed i meant mario kart 64. so i ended up having some credit to burn at kb toys, haha.