Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

IS Nitro Emulator

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:44:16 AM
JustANormalUser (0)

< Cherub >
Hi NA, I recently got my hands on a Dev Nintendo DS console: the IS Nitro Emulator. It is very interesting and I have not found a good amount documentation online about it. I've heard that you could play games over a USB port. Do any of you have any information about this unit? Any help will go a long way!
Thanks

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:37:41 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
There are different models of these. Some of them have VGA output capabilities, and some of them do not. Although, even for the ones without that capability, some people have had some success modifying them to work in that way. As for using the unit, it is somewhat complicated, but there are proprietary development utilities 'out there' - software that was used along with this unit for development purposes. Typically you'd use a DS development flash cartridge that goes into the nitro and is flashed from that software for development and testing purposes.

If you search for 'teardown' along with this unit, you will find some others who have done a much more in-depth analysis of the unit and its capabilities.

-------------------------
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:40:50 AM
Pikkon (8)
(スーパーファミコンコレクター ) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
There's a program that someone wrote to unlock the video option on the nitro emulator,also it can only output composite and s-video(rgb with a mod) and you can get gba games working on it,like sadikyo,only dev ds games will work on it.

Here's some awesome info
https://assemblergames.com/thread...

Edited: 10/31/2018 at 08:41 AM by Pikkon

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:54:11 PM
TiredKorok (15)
(asher snavely) < Little Mac >
Texas
I can help out a lot with this actually  

At home I have several things for this including a video enabler for the emulator units without the video check that even comes with a couple extra options than standard.
As it turns out all the emulator units, except wireless & ds lite differences, were the same. The only differences were software locks by nintendo.

Anyways all i got is from some awesome people on this forum: https://nsmbhd.net/forum/... in a thread that i might dig up later.
There's also stuff like an ida table of the firmware and maybe the software iirc. Probably not that'd be copyright material so you may have to find that on your own online. I do remember it being out there though  

You can load one game at a time if your re-encrypt the rom with ndstool and use the software for the nitro to load it in.
You can also play retail gba games on the unit with a work around the block in the nitro software, but afaik you still cant play any retail games on the unit sadly.
That port is just used for flashing the dev flash cards that were used with these units.

Anyways hope that heps, im at work atm but ill link the thread i learned all this from later.

͉͙̘͕̥ ̙̞̣̟̳̺̙̘̲ ͈̥͈̠̥̳̞͔̦̥̤̤̭͖̪͈̱̬̮ ̞̞̼̜̻̪̟͉͓ ͓̙͔̪̳̟͍͓͙̟ ̰̥͓̟̤͓̤̱̯ ̜̹̣̘̬̻͔̮͈̮ ͙̰̲͍̰̙̞̱̜̦̱ ͈̰̺̪͎͓̱̞̦͓̗͈̩̣ͅ ̝̠͈̹̼̮͈̻̹̣͕̤͇̳̘̦͚̖ ̙̞͇ͅ ͕̞͍̞̤ ̫̞̮ͅͅ ͎̻̰̗̬̥̗͈͔͚̞͇͕̣̝͎͎̪̬ ̩̩̦͙̥̻ ̗̩̘͕̪͕̰̯̜͕̜͔͔ ͕̝̠͖̲ ̩̞͙̭̪̪̗̠͖ ̝̟͇͙̖̗ ͚͉̥͙̦̻̘̘̦̤̟͓̟ͅ ͚̥̩̤̳ ̥̲͓̰̰͎̖ ͕̟̥͕͇͎ ̰̳̙̤̖͕ ̤̩̘͙̞̺͚̬̹͓̬͍̹̫̘̠͓ ͕̝̫̪͕̞̤ ̠̥̳̣̻̹̪̬ ͙͓͖͓̟͕̙̘̩͉̱̲͓̥̻̯ͅ ̟͎̗̠͖̻̳̳̤͍̤ͅ ͔̲̠̞̯͕̗̗̹̮͈ ̟͖͉̣̫͇̦̻̮̜̞̤̠ ͎̟̩̙̺̥ ̭͓̼̗̯̱ͅ ̺̞͙͍̲̞ͅ ̙̖̞̝ ͈̜͉̩̪̩͎̞̪̺̙ ̫̜̗̯͇̞̗͈̝̥̹ͅ ̥̟͓͎̭̤̠̹̣̬͔͓ ̘̬̯̪͓̭̰͉̯͓̙̪̟͙͈̖͎̳ ͔̼͚͉̥͖̮̺̰̟̬͎̭͓̫̩͓̱̘ ͇͚̩̤͍̱͚̯̘̖̩͖ ̬̜̞͕̠̳͓̦̜͉̹̩͓̤̯ͅͅ ̗̯͕̰͍̩̩͉̮̻ ͕̖̜̜̜̜͓̭̫̬̘͙ ̞̺̻̱ ̳̖̪̟͖̤̠͔̦̱̩̮̠ ̜̬̞̣̺ ̗̰̫̙̳̖͇̟̞̜͈̭͙̮̬̰̳ ͎̜̣̤̝̗̣ ͍̭̰ ͈̯̺̗̮͈̻̯̥ ̫̘̲̜͙͍̖̝ ̩̗̟͚͍̭ͅ ̻͕̟͎̻̣͈̠̪̺̞̩͙ ͚̰̟̬̜̠̞ ͎͕͇̗ ̼̤̦̦̜̬̠͈̭̫̗̹̫͚ ̠̤̖̙͈͔̣̫̺͔͈̳ͅ ̪̹̫̘͈̝̪̯̞̗͓̞͇̹̝̖̩̼ͅ ͎̜̼̰͈ ͎̰̞͙̳̺̯̠̩͓̦̹͍̯̞ ̥͇̳̝̳̤̫̦̘͉̩͚̯̗ ͔͍̟̲̙̩̤̹͖͕͔̣̼ͅ ̝͍̞̙̮͚̹͚͖̗̣̱̫̳̰̩̝ ̳̝̟̖̹̳̞ ̥̮̤͉͎̼͇̲͚̝͉̮ ͇̳̯͉͉͇̗̯ ̲͙̣̲̱̤͎̠ ͖͖̟̬̙̗̮̘̠͍̩̱̯̖̰͇̯̬ ͓̯̜̯̫͖̬̳ ̬̮͖̥͉̝̲̮̫̞̬̣ ̰̘͔̗̙ ̻̟̳̝͍ ̹͈̪͇͍͖ ̖̳͙̫͖̜̼̟̯ͅ ͇̬̥̰̦͖̬̺̦̲̲̥͖̹͈̯̥̤ ͚̥̪͔̠̱̬̝̹̦ ̝̬̪͔̫̙̟̦ ͔͕̱͔̦̣̳̝̠̠̱̳ ̩͙̝̥͖̯̜̝̹̭̰̲̹͖̰ ̹̭͍̲̮͚̘̖̯͎̫̥̻̳̦̲̗ ͍̤̝̹ ͔̮̦͕͈̖ͅ ̯̩̜̦̱̠͖̫ͅ ̱̬̙̣͚̘̫͙̳̞̰͉̝ ͙̬̹̝̗ ͎̘͙͚͔ ͖͓̥̬̟̝͇ͅ ̝͎̲̥̼̬̭̞̹̱ ̮͇̜̻̘̹̠̙͉͕̘͓̪͕̳̠̦̗ ̮͕͇͈͍̩̱̹̪̦̯͚͓̘͉̠̝̜ ͎̤̤̱͔͚̰̳͈̠͔̠ͅ ͕̗͚̱̪̮̮͕̦̱̤̤̱ ͈̻̗̝̺̜ ̞͔͚̹̖͚̭̥ ͚̥͕̭̠͙͎̗̰̖͓͓ͅ ̪̺̪̫ ̯͔̖͎͖̥̗̯͕͍ ͉̦̳͍̮ ̺̩̼̤͖ ̲̗̙̭͉͔̜ͅY͈͖̱̫̻̘̙̣̱̙̦͚͔̟̻͎̙̺̻o̟̲͇̩͔̳̞͕u̠̗̹̺̘͚̺̬͎̦͖̞̣'͖̱̪͇̮r̭̯̼̰̟̖̬̠̗̘͎͚̙̤̩͚e̼̹͓͙̫͍̞̲̲̗̫̤̙ ̭͍̟̖͍̯̮͈̟̖̟͈G̬̗̹͙̖̘̺̜͚̹̠̥̝̘̜̳͕̻o̱̖̜͈͓͖̹͎̦̰͍̣̖̤̜̻ͅi̳̜̖̩n̬͓̤̝̰̣͖̘̰̗̙͈̳̼g̭̟̝̻̘̩͕͉̠̱̯̝̗ ̰̬͈̫̖͉̺̱̺̬̙̟̖͇̝̗Ṭ̯̩̣̹̜̭̺͎̭̻̦̝̦o͚̮̮͎̰̩̟̱̬͔͉̱̺̭̭̣ ͉͈̟͔̹͎̰͉C͉̠͉̙͙ͅͅạ͎̰͇̝͕̭r͙̣̲̩͎̖̰̻̲̪̹̼̜̠̺̗r̗̥̮͉y̖̩͓͎̼̠̘̪͉̥̖̦͚̥̦ ͙̤̬̹͎̫̟͕̠̘̖̼͍̩͚̰ͅT̰͈̝̙͙͕̞ẖ̞̹͉͇̗̜͈at͚͈̪̺͖̤ ̤̼͕͓̪̱̗̮͎̺͇̟͇̺͖͎̳ͅW̟̺̺̼̥e̝̘̼͕̟͉͍͖̬̹͍ͅi͕̞̠͍̥͉͓̼̤̬ͅg̙͚̗̥͔̲̗̱͕̘̱͖h̜̻̝͇̝͙͇̝͎͈͎͕t̹̙̫̗̥̙.̰̬̙̳ ̠͈̰͓̟̬̞̰̰̺͚͖͓ ͖̠̮̻͍͙͈̺̖̝̠ͅ ̝͍̮̝̯̦̲͇̹̯̭͖̩̰̻͚̼̦ͅ ̥͓͕̩̯̯̺̣̲̞̺̘ ͍͈͈̪̘͉̣͇̯̹̱ͅ ̰̜̮̞̜̳̱̬̘͔̼̗̥̼̗͍͙͔ͅ ̮̝̟͚̝͍͔ ̜̫̘͖͖̱͙͓̦̼̰̘ ̭̦̠̻̹͓͇͕̝̰͕͈͎ͅ ̗͚͖̩̰ ̻̜͉̲͇͙̙͍̗̦ ̤͈̣̤̮͍͉ ̰̭̦̼̯̹͈̙̻ ̻͍̺̭͕͎̺̘̻̝̞̦̭̜ͅͅ ͖̰̪̠̜̗̝̱͓͈̭̝ͅ ̰̗̘͓ ̰͓͇̤͉̳͔̘̟ ̙͈̝̲̤͙̜ ̹̪̩̺̻̮̺ ̞̮̳̘̯͉̺͎̞̹̜̪͓͔͓̟͍ͅ ͓̮̟̟̜͎̻͓̩̙͓̺̺͈ͅ ͍̦̬̯͙̤͔͚̱ ̘̘̹̞̬ ̤̺̼̫̯̮͕̟ ̹͓̲̟͇̹͎̮͍̯̰̙͉̦͇̱͉ͅͅ ̹̗̬͖̙̗̻̗͔̩̭̭̳̮̦͕̗ͅͅ ̟̟̹̬̹ ̘̗͎̙̮̘̣̬̰̜̘̪̫ ̻͙͔͙̫̻̜̥͖̙͓ ̟̩͍̮̗ ̝̖̭̖͎̝͚ͅͅ ̖̞̣̲̤̝̜͇͖̼̰͎ ̬̗̻̟̘̱̖͉͎̫̭͔ ̺̝͍͍͎̤͇̳͔̼̰͙̦̩̘̠͉̩ ̠̤͚̝͕̖͍̻͉̼̺̭̲̥̙̥͇ ̝̙͎̳̟̣̫̠̮̥̳͔̝ ͈̺̞̰͕͚̬ ̺̪̞̖̱ ̣͔͓̱̤͕͎ ̜̟̤̖͔̭͈̰͉̭̤̭ͅ ̭̣̪͙̻̫͇̫̩̥̱̯ ̻͍͍̫̮̦̯̟̱̯̻ ̞̹̥̰͈̣̗ ͉͎͉̜ ̼̟̮̯ ͉͓̟̳ ̫̥̲̝̪̬ ̖͇̻͕̪͓̥̤͔͚͓̼̱͓͍̤ͅ ̪̜̳̦̺͍̻ ̺̟̰ ̬̥̻ͅ ͉̳̯̥̝̞̹̘̻̮̼͇͔̗ ̫̫̟̗̦̗͍̞̪̤̟̤͇̼͉̩̟̳ ̺̥̟̠̗̫̜͙͎͓̻ ̥̦͍̝̯̟̞̥͈͔̤̬͈̦̖̬ͅͅ ̗͍͉̥͎̫͖̠͍̻̹̤̭ͅ ̣̜̥̦ ̘̺̝̪̥̯̗̫͖͓̤̮͉ ͎͈͉̫͓͈͉̼̻̥̬͎ ̩̠͙̤̝̱͖͎͎͖̮̙ ̠͖͚͈̞̦̪̞̖̼͔̪ ̣͈̤̞̳̭̝̠̜̹̯̣̞͎̞ ̲͕͖̠͖̯̝̱̮͈̲̠͙̪͚̰ͅ ͓̺̩̣ ̺̝̙̞̲̰ ̺͉̫͖͙̙̞̻̰̘͚̖͉̼̮̳̰͇͓ ͖̳̤̘̩͎̲̻̘͎͍̣̹̹ ̮͎͚̫̮̥̜̟̪͙̫̠ ͔̖͚̺̗̥͙̭̜̮͓̙̞ ̬̦͇̖̲͇̼̥̳͉̳̯̘̙̭ͅ ̲͓̻̬̯̰̬͖ͅͅ ͖̟̬̦̘̲̦̠ͅ ̱̬͓̲ ̼͖͚̗̣ ̬͉̬͖͔͓̥͔̜̠͎̲͙͔̬͙̞ͅ ̞̻̩̮͍͙ ̯̮̲̮͉̱̟̣̗̬̭̞̲̜ ̟̺͇͔̟̮̣͉̯̣̬͔͍̭̻̩̠̤ ̭̹͚͕͖͓̹̞̝̹͈ ̖̬̟͍̯̮͎͚͖͇ ͇̤͇̱̖̦̺̝̖̟̙̠̖̬͈͕̩ ̻͈̭̤ ̲̳͇͉̣̮̫̦͕̹̦̺͇̘̗̝̦̳ ̳͕̯̮͚̝͚͇̪̺̗̠̬ ̦̤͓̻̰̘̩̬̻̣̗̻̩͎ ̤̻͔͖ ̫͕͎̫̻̗̟͖͙̦̩͓͓̭ ͍͎̖͔̭̤͇̖͎̰̰͓͎ ̰̣̮̱̜̜͙̙̹̭̥̭̲̠̟̼ ̻͔̲̯̙͍̹͍͙͖̣̘̹̱̲̩̤̰ ̦̥͔̣̰̼̙̯̩̲̻ ̫͇̙̦͕̖ ͉̞͔̭̙̝͈͕̝ ̥̼̫̫̯͉̭̞͙̩̳̘͇̝̦ ̮̣̠̬̼͔̫̫̟̙̗ͅ ͇̻̻̜͙̠̺ͅͅ ̝̮̗̘͉̦̣͓͉̝̖ ̝̤̤̥͔̙̭͉̮̱̘̱͈̼͇̖͖ ̳̮̦̤̘ ̺̳͎͚͇̗ͅ

Sep 19 at 5:58:47 PM
JustANormalUser (0)

< Cherub >
Hey, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late response I haven't checked this thread in a while and saw your reply. So I have the program with it, but it is in Japanese. It recognizes the unit, but I can't load games onto it. I assume this is because I have been loading them unencrypted and need to encrypt them using ndstool, which I have no idea how to use (it looks like a Linux program which I have no experience with that kind of thing). Also, the unit is from Japan, so I don't know if I have to use Japanese ROMs with it, plus is there different encryption on Japanese ROMs for the dev units? I hope that is the last step of this puzzle because I have no clue what to do further. If I get games loaded up on it. I would love to learn more about its GBA capabilities.

Thank you soo much.