Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What's new in your collection this week/recently Giveaway for 1600th Post! Figma Link

Jun 23 at 1:56:05 AM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
All cart only:

NES
Bucky O'Hare
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Power Blade
Gargoyle's Quest

SNES
Dracula X
Ninja Warriors

N64
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
Indiana Jones

Gameboy
All three TMNT

Jun 23 at 5:31:20 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: bootload

That’s a pricey pic!  Looks good 

-------------------------
Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 06 at 8:15:35 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Been trying to finish the gameroom this past month or so. Got some new statues. Few i'd really been wanting: Cloud, Sephiroth, Fei, Weltall, Mythra and Pyra! Picked up a new tv which i was in need of. Old one was sorta dyin on me. New Sony soundbar/subwoofer setup. Still waiting on a TV riser i ordered so i can bring it up off the floor and under the tv. Tv is last years 2018 Samsung Q9FN QLED 65inch mafk. Pretty happy with it and the thing was damn near half off from what it was going for last year. Got a PS4 pro to go with it and a stack of new ps4 games i've been wanting to play. Sorta fell behind on current PS4 games since i've mainly been playing the Switch the last couple years. Feels good to be nearly done with the game room tho. Set up a final Billy shelf for strategy guides, bigger games and room for expansion amd hooked up an AC so i can keep it cool in the summer!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 07/06/2019 at 08:27 PM by D~Funk

Jul 06 at 9:16:33 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
D Funk you da man

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 06 at 10:57:55 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

D Funk you da man

Pretty much finished the living room area as well! Just bought the last big ass chair.

Edited: 07/07/2019 at 12:08 AM by D~Funk

Jul 07 at 1:32:45 AM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: D~Funk

D Funk you da man

Pretty much finished the living room area as well! Just bought the last big ass chair.

Where did you get the cat tree and how much was it? I have a cat that's nearly 2 feet long and I can't find a tree large enough for him.

Jul 07 at 2:15:03 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: bootload

D Funk you da man

Where did you get the cat tree and how much was it? I have a cat that's nearly 2 feet long and I can't find a tree large enough for him.

The girlfriend got it. Its this one here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WGG...

Jul 07 at 8:39:42 AM
DaneTX (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Pac Man and some manuals for NES. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 for PS2. Nothing too amazing like what y'all are getting.

Jul 07 at 8:41:02 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

D Funk you da man

Where are the chairs from? One looks like IKEA.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 07/07/2019 at 08:41 AM by Mega Tank

Jul 07 at 11:09:49 AM
caratekid (40)

(mark corrado) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Picked up a snes Classic and with the help of some fellow members and videos was a Kenyan to mod it.

Jul 13 at 3:04:05 PM
GsoFly (9)
(Greg ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

Jul 13 at 3:13:40 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: GsoFly

I have wanted to pick this book up... any good?

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jul 14 at 11:39:12 AM
GsoFly (9)
(Greg ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Originally posted by: GsoFly

I have wanted to pick this book up... any good?

Its a pretty good book. Very well put together. It goes into a lot of detail of the main series, so SMB1,LL, SMB2, Land 1&2, 3, World, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy games, New Super Mario series, Mario Maker. 

Lots of info on the story, features, development, each of the levels characters for each game, screenshots, maps with info and descriptions for each. Tips and tricks, pictures of the package box, game cart/CD and even the manuals...etc. LOTS of info. 

Its got shorter excerpts on the featured and cameo games, so like Mario Karts, World 2, RPG and a whole bunch of other games Mario appeared in. They list pretty much EVERY game Mario/Luigi has appeared in, with short descriptions of their roles + screen shots. Also, any special Mario events, tournamenets of past...etc. 250+ pages in total. 

Only odd thing I would say is the Mario Maker game info is at the beginging, whereas the rest of the book goes through the timeline chronologically. Little odd, but I guess it was the newest game as the time (no MM2 in this book). There is a good timeline of the series at the begining which was a good read. 

So yeah, very well put together and I would say a solid addition to any collection. Must have for Mario die-hards or fans for sure. I think I got it for like $25 on Amazon shipped, brand new hardcover. Very well spent. Good coffee table or toilet material 

Edited: 07/14/2019 at 11:56 AM by GsoFly

Jul 14 at 11:46:28 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Well my SNES collecting is basically done.  Other than occasionally searching eBay for soccer games.  And my 3DS collection is basically done as I have a handful of titles to wait for deals on.  And I only really buy Switch games as I finish off the game(s) I'm currently playing.  And hunting for games is such a waste of time that I don't even bother anymore.

...so I've been creating a brand new backlog.  One where scores are still ready to be made all over the place.  This is the last 4 months or so, sitting on eBay, waiting for prices to dramatically (and temporarily) drop on Amazon for whatever reason it is they do that, thrift stores, used book stores, and this place in my hometown that has brand new overstock for half price.

...and then two Switch games I guess.

edit:  oh, and these of course:

...and I guess I have been replacing my entire King collection, from destroyed paperbacks to the nice trade lines from the last couple years.  Just have to wait for each one to drop in price, one by one

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 07/14/2019 at 11:57 PM by Brock Landers

Jul 20 at 7:48:01 AM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
N64 fiber optic sign, Tetris NES (Tengen), Shadow of the Ninja, NESRGB mod on my top loader with av multi out for my official Nintendo start cable and HD Retrovision cables, E.V.O., King of Dragons, Pirates of Dark Water SNES w/ box, Demon's Crest, WWF Wrestlemania The Arcade Game (SNES) (CIB), Legend of the Mystical Ninja, vintage Super Mario Bros sleeping bag, and Dragon Ball Gt Final Bout (CIB)

Jul 21 at 9:01:38 PM
Disk Joshy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Iowa

Yesterday, I got a ton of NES games and a couple Atari ones as well. There's nothing really crazy here, but the fact that I got all of these games for under $100 makes them special to me. And there's a lot of good games here too!

I'm not looking to buy or sell anything at the moment. Sorry if I got your hopes up.
This is so sad. Can we get 2 likes?

Jul 22 at 4:03:57 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
I picked this up on Sunday. It's funny because I had actually taken this off my main list because I am not trying to spend too much right now and I went to a store where I had a bunch of store credit and the game was sitting there for a fair price. All that said, this game is awesome, wish I had played it sooner.

Edited: 07/22/2019 at 04:07 PM by Californication

Jul 22 at 6:33:53 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Picked up a sealed copy of Dexerity. Then a loose copy of the game.
Also, picked up a mint box Gargoyle's Quest (which I never thought I would own, at least not so soon, but I got a STEAL on it and am so happy with it).
Also got The Hunt For Red October (Mint in the box)
And Kirby's Dream Land (Mint in Box).

Very happy with my pickups. All total I spent: 231 dollars on all the games.

Edited: 07/22/2019 at 06:34 PM by 14u2ponder

Jul 23 at 5:55:39 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Latest loot. Been picking up a bunch of Switch games. Just hit 300 total Switch games with this bundle. Also against my better judgement i recently picked up an Xbone X so i been snagging a few games for that and finally jumping into some 4K Blu-ray action which may be the real reason i grabbed one, lol! Wanted a lil more to take advantage of the new tv. Been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 and it is beautiful! Loving it!

Game Stack:

Xbone X:

4K Blu-Ray Starter Bundle:

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 05:56 PM by D~Funk

Jul 23 at 6:20:29 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Latest loot. Been picking up a bunch of Switch games. Just hit 300 total Switch games with this bundle. Also against my better judgement i recently picked up an Xbone X so i been snagging a few games for that and finally jumping into some 4K Blu-ray action which may be the real reason i grabbed one, lol! Wanted a lil more to take advantage of the new tv. Been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 and it is beautiful! Loving it! Game Stack: Xbone X: 4K Blu-Ray Starter Bundle: 
Wow dude, you are droping a load of cash on this. I hope you like these games, I'd be worried about switch collecting. 

Jul 23 at 6:21:39 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

Latest loot. Been picking up a bunch of Switch games. Just hit 300 total Switch games with this bundle. Also against my better judgement i recently picked up an Xbone X so i been snagging a few games for that and finally jumping into some 4K Blu-ray action which may be the real reason i grabbed one, lol! Wanted a lil more to take advantage of the new tv. Been playing a lot of Forza Horizon 4 and it is beautiful! Loving it! Game Stack: Xbone X: 4K Blu-Ray Starter Bundle: 
Wow dude, you are droping a load of cash on this. I hope you like these games, I'd be worried about switch collecting. 

Why would you be worried about Switch collecting? Feels like the only current gen system worth collecting for in my opinion.

Edited: 07/23/2019 at 06:27 PM by D~Funk

Jul 23 at 6:28:26 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 04:42 PM by 14u2ponder

Jul 23 at 6:34:08 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Why would you be worried about Switch collecting?
Only because collecting anything the value of it is based on rarity. Since many people are switching to digital, that cuts down the demand side of the supply and demand. Plus, I don't like the fact that any library that requires the internet. And the fact that many of the switch games are just the game without any instruction manual etc.

But please understand, the stuff you have is LOVELY and you should be proud to have what you have, I just wonder about the long term investment of it. 

You're lovely, lol. Yeah, i dunno, i don't think think about them things much. I just like Switch. Not really in it for a return on my money or anything though i do feel Switch will hold its value better than PS4 or Xbone games. More into playing the games and Switch has a lot of great games! Trying to pick up most everything im interested in.

Jul 23 at 9:43:07 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

Why would you be worried about Switch collecting?
Only because collecting anything the value of it is based on rarity. Since many people are switching to digital, that cuts down the demand side of the supply and demand. Plus, I don't like the fact that any library that requires the internet. And the fact that many of the switch games are just the game without any instruction manual etc.

But please understand, the stuff you have is LOVELY and you should be proud to have what you have, I just wonder about the long term investment of it

I would contact your financial advisor if you're worries about long term investments and I'm 100% certain that they'll explain to you that toys and video games are not wise places to put your investments...

Jul 23 at 10:14:01 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Edited: 07/24/2019 at 04:42 PM by 14u2ponder