Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Game Boy Advance cartridge: problem with 1M Sub-Circuit memory chip Pokemon LeafGreen

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:34:19 PM
milligangames (407)
(Patrick Milligan) < King Solomon >
New York

I just purchased a lot of Game Boy Advance stuff and one of the games, Pokemon LeafGreen, is messed up. I tried testing it to make sure it saved, etc and the game works, but does not save, and I get the error "The 1M Sub-Circuit Board is not installed". I am not a newbie and I know that this either means the cart is a counterfeit, or the memory chip is physically damaged. I opened up the cartridge and it is not a counterfeit, but I saw the problem right away.

The memory chip seems to be neatly disconnected along all the solder points on one side where it connects to the main board. I tried pressing it down tightly and holding it with some electric tape but it still fails to recognize the memory chip. The solder points are far too small for my equipment so I was wondering if this cartridge is trash? Has anyone seen a problem like this before? The damage is so neat that it looks like a factory defect rather than the fault of the previous owner.

-------------------------

Edited: 04/07/2010 at 09:37 PM by milligangames