Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

After years of waiting...it is here and it's beautiful! Nothing to see here, just a case of Stadium Events

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:41:47 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Well that was a fun read. Now you make me want to pull out all my old cases hidden away, lol.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:06:58 AM
Huntsnat (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Cherub >
This is epic!!! Made me come out of the woodwork and post here!!

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:45:50 AM
Keokisun (4)
(Keoki Harrington) < Cherub >
Hawaii
Thank you for sharing!

-------------------------
Buying Solomon's Key Sealed NES!

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:49:20 AM
Keokisun (4)
(Keoki Harrington) < Cherub >
Hawaii
Originally posted by: atwoodtm

I decided to visit this page to see what others are saying so, here I am. These will be my only comments.

First off I will give a little back history as to why I even released the SE picture:

It had been brought to Adam’s attention several times about his misleading statement in his auctions. It was always brushed off.

I saw Tom listed the Zero, which, I had sold him several years earlier.  I sent him a message about the game. During our conversations he let me know Adam and a couple others were interested in it. I made Tom an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Then I was watching some BB auctions and saw Adam win Soccer, but that wasn't enough. He had to win the other BB games too. Even though he had them already. 

This was when I decided to sell some of my extras. I listed Zero specifically, because I knew it would get Adam’s attention, Hence, the Soccer picture and the quote from his auctions. 

Tom called me the following day, apparently, Adam wasn’t that pleased. Tom told me he had a message from Adam. Adam wanted me to, Stop f**** with him or he’ll return the favor and he rules ebay...Something to that effect. 

I have watched for years as Bucky, and others, have had auctions ended early, blocked buyers, outbid other collectors just to protect a title, flat out screwed other collectors that helped them on previously agreed upon deals.  They can pretend like it didn't and doesn't happen. But it does and I've seen it. I am a collector and have helped many people, I'm not an obstructionist.  

Tom can tell you what happened to him by two very large collectors here if he wants but that's his story to tell not mine. When that happened to him I told myself I'd never deal with them again. So fast forward to now. I see Bucky being greedy and more greedy and I had enough.  

This was when I decided to take a several hour trip to get pictures of the SE case.   I was going to send it only to Adam and remind him that all rulers can be dethroned. 

I let Tom see the SE picture and he asked me if he could post it. Reluctantly, I said yes..whoops!

I was surprised to read B.A.’s comment, “Haha, I can't be the only one who found it amusing that he takes a jab at rarebucky in his ebay template and listings.” 

Now I’ll respond to Alex Electrics and TuzedoBillMask’s comments about the web page. Did you notice when it was last updated? 2008, it was started several years prior to that. It is still up and running for 1 reason. So, yes it is old.

So, people can do a search and get my address. Isn’t that amazing? I’m not that stupid to keep any valuable stuff here. 

Feel free to stop by, we can drink some tea and smoke a doobi.  Just contact me ahead of time. 

Ok Adam. Go ahead and get me banned from NA now, if you have that power.

My last comment is a screen shot with the picture properties of the SE picture.. All 3 pictures are of the same case. I put a hanky on the last one……….Take that however you like.

This made my day!

Buying Solomon's Key Sealed NES!

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:37:30 AM
Snestalgia (79)
(Jason ) < Meka Chicken >
District of Columbia
Will these even affect the price since they may never be for sale? Plus is it even possible to sell it without opening it since it could be just a box full of junk? Not saying it is, I fully believe that it is real, but buyers may be hesitant. 

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 08:42 AM by Snestalgia

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:27:43 PM
Remedylane (51)
(Matt W.) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
If there is one sealed case, there is likely another. Great thread though.. Brought me out of the woodwork to post on it. If we are realistic with ourselves, we realize that nearly every game was produced in mass quantities.. Yes, some obviously more rare than others.. But look at how many NES consoles were sold. Anyone with a factory that was tooling games didn't just manufacture 100 of any certain title.. They made thousands and thousands.. And a game like Stadium Events im sure was produced to the max. Of course it was ultimately pulled from the shelves. And perhaps the majority of those copies were destroyed. But im betting that there are more out there than believed.. Where they are? I do not know. But thats my 2 cents on the matter.

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:22:36 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Holy cow. Every once in a while something interesting seems to happen in this hobby. I'm curious how many pallets are still out there, both in private collections and in warehouses of old toy stores. Very cool item, will be interesting to see what happens to it over the years.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:33:07 PM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: Alder

Holy cow. Every once in a while something interesting seems to happen in this hobby. I'm curious how many pallets are still out there, both in private collections and in warehouses of old toy stores. Very cool item, will be interesting to see what happens to it over the years.

Yeah, I wonder this as well. Sure, of course some games will always be rarer than others, but NES and SNES games aren't really THAT old so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if there are some forgotten or abandoned troves of certain titles still out there.

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:14:36 PM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
i asked this a before but noone replied and im pretty curious for an answer..has a cib or loose stadium events sold in 2016 yet?

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:24:40 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: shawnphase

i asked this a before but noone replied and im pretty curious for an answer..has a cib or loose stadium events sold in 2016 yet?
JJGames sold a cart only, but that's the only one I know of sold in 2016. 

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:44:26 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Publicly speaking...Three loose copies have sold, two of them are confirmed legit, and the other one is probably fake, but might be a lucky break since the seller hasn't relisted and has a seemingly good history.

Loose (Cartridge)

• $7,500.00 - January 13, 2016 (eBay - Auction) in Denton, TX
  • $3,499.99 - February 19, 2016 (eBay - BIN) in Lucasville, OH (UNCONFIRMED: NO FEEDBACK LEFT, PASSIVELY TROLLISH DESCRIPTION)
  • $7,259.72 - February 19, 2016 (VPGC - Decending BIN) in Englewood, CO
...and well, yeah a fourth auction, but shhh.

No known CIB, IB, Manuals, or Boxes exchanges made public to my knowledge. At least in 2016 anyway.

There are also 5 copies publicly available at the moment...
1 CIB on eBay (DreamTR aka diskoboy7 @ 72k)
2 Loose on eBay (retro_gamer_3 @7.5k, harlfordspooner @15k)
2 Loose on NA (Munkifist @9k, mossman43 @7k)

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 10:53 PM by PowerPlayers

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:53:44 PM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
damn, good lookin out. interesting to see that a few sold so far. are these prices higher or lower than some of the loose ones sold in 2015?

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:05:30 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

damn, good lookin out. interesting to see that a few sold so far. are these prices higher or lower than some of the loose ones sold in 2015?

We're down for the year.

Earliest sale of 2015 was $8,292 on eBay in February 28th.
Next sale was on NA for $7075 by Holy-SNES.

But this is keep in mind, the same year that the Nolans sold theirs for $10,000. Pete Diak sold his for $10,010...and eBay user choppy385 sold theirs for a WHOPPING $13,000 CONFIRMED SALE. I think three CIB's also changed hands last year publicly, price not disclosed on Langenfeld -> Mofasa.

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 11:10 PM by PowerPlayers

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:10:01 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Do you have the CIB sales numbers from 2014/1015 too?

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:50:16 PM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
I'll just say, I've been a member here a long time, and have kept my mouth shut on several things, because I know the community likes to dog pile onto anyone who speaks out against the big big collectors, no matter how immoral some of them can be. Most of the big names, or big collectors that come here are awesome people, but there are a few despicable folks too.

I think I am starting to see a tide change in this communities attitude, and I am very happy for that. Now here's to hoping the ugly people go hide shamefully in a dark cave somewhere, so we don't have to deal with them or their egos anymore.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:52:50 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Do you have the CIB sales numbers from 2014/1015 too?

Sealed

• VGA 85 - $35,100 - January 15, 2015 (eBay - Auction) in Black Diamond, WA
CIB

• MINT w/ Cello - $17,510.00 - April 28, 2013 (GameGavel- Auction) in Cedar, Minnesota
  • $12,500.00 - Around July 2015 Didn't record this auction...can't find data but it was confirmed by Mark Nolan, so it's legit.
CB

• Ripped on back - $11,513.19 - April 15, 2013 (eBay - Auction) in Cedar, Minnesota
There could be others, I wasn't too good with my records two years ago. Didn't even bother tracking if any NA sales were in 2013/2014. In fact, I don't think there were any in 2014 except for maybe Lagenfeld's purchase (that was when he bought his no?)

There were also 2 five screws, one I can confirm 100% legitimate from a private collector. The other came with a manual from here in NJ as well. Both had the "centered" artwork just like my copy had.

Also, DreamTR reports serious inquiries for $20 - $22k for his CIB in 2013.

Last, Bronty swapped his copy. But that's an intangible amount since it was a trade.

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 11:56 PM by PowerPlayers

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:42:54 AM
ZavierKonz (57)
(Xavier C) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Let's all apologize to Tim guys, c'mon. He deserves our apologies. Really.

My FT Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
My Collection: http://ow.ly/R79tx...
My Wanted List: http://ow.ly/R79Hq...

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:53:07 AM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
I love the arguments about pricing, supply, demand, Pat's video about every sealed collector running scared, prices being effected. IF Tim decides to sell that case whole someone will buy that shit and sell the fuck out of it. Prices of sealed SE won't change. Someone WILL buy that case and if released piece by piece, each copy will get snatched due to condition with the smallest of price fluctuation as each copy gets picked off. I don't think people really have a grip on how much money is floating around in this hobby. My 2 cents.

Oh, just incase anyone forgot; games were meant to be played NOT left in sealed cases where they can't be enjoyed.

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Edited: 03/28/2016 at 01:30 AM by maximus_clean

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:11:23 AM
Retroman86 (20)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(matt williams) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: maximus_clean

I love the arguments about pricing, supply, demand, Pat's video about every sealed collector running scared, prices being effected. IF Tim decides to sell that case whole someone will buy that shit and sell the fuck out of it. Prices of sealed SE won't change. Someone WILL buy that case and if released piece by piece, each copy will get snatched due to condition with the smallest of price fluctuation as each copy gets picked off. I don't think people really have a grip on how much money is floating around in this hobby. My 2 cents.

Oh, just incase anyone forgot; games were meant to be played NOT left is sealed cases where they can't be enjoyed.

Agreed.

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:54:16 AM
drcurtis (6)

< Crack Trooper >
United States
Being a CIB Stadium Events owner, I will honestly say this didn't bother me in the least. It's always cool to find rarities like this. It might make it a little less special to own one if they were split up and available, and maybe a little just by their existence, but most of us with rare items expect there to be more hidden away or unfound. Unless it is a huge amount, it really shouldn't budge the value a lot in the long haul, as demand is high enough to keep the value competitive. We've seen it before with some lesser rare items that are worth about the same after the find as before, if not higher now that they have been absorbed into collector's hands.

Either way, I bought mine for the sake of having it, paid what was fair to me at the time, and certainly won't kick myself for it using a logic that I should have waited until all copies were found to know the real rarity/value. Others might not have the same philosophy as me, and that is understandable, but to me this is really cool to see and I'm glad it exists. I think it just adds another layer to the story of Stadium Events collecting. And there are some people who would pay that extreme amount to get the sealed case. That shouldn't be up for debate. Yes, not many at that range, but it only takes one.

Edited: 03/28/2016 at 08:54 AM by drcurtis

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:17:29 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
If a sealed SE was $40k +/- $5k before this, it is still probably the same price after this. My point is that value isn't just market value today, it is market value + potential for future appreciation. When you see anything listed at a BIN with markup (like a $72k CIB SE), that seller is trying to price in some of the potential future appreciation into their ask price today. I'm arguing that the future appreciation has been impacted somewhat. Of course it is impossible to quantify, just my opinion.

But confirmed population does matter 100%. That is why many people would ask about a VGA population report before buying a VGA game. If I know a game is rare and I find out there's only 5 VGA copies, I'd be willing to spend more than if there were 20 VGA copies out there. Regardless of the population there will be a market price for the item, but buyer demand is the variable that will fluctuate.

Also, plenty of sealed collectors, possibly some of the same ones in this thread saying that "this case doesn't matter!", are on record as saying they hate Uncirculated stuff. I've seen comments like "I won't buy a U game, because I know there's 5 other copies in a similar grade out there." So in that case, they've admitted that knowing about the case has directly impacted their interest in the item, yet when it is SE, that logic goes out the window. People can believe what they want, I just find the hypocrisy amusing.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:37:53 AM
drcurtis (6)

< Crack Trooper >
United States
And I'm not arguing for/against anyone's view. I've not read the whole thread. But owning the game (3x now) and various other rare games, and having collected and watched the market for over 15 years puts me in a good position to offer an opinion. You can do a search for 'market bubble' on here and see 1000 wrong opinions over the last decade from impassioned people who just weren't in the right position to know.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:47:50 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: jonebone

If a sealed SE was $40k +/- $5k before this, it is still probably the same price after this. My point is that value isn't just market value today, it is market value + potential for future appreciation. When you see anything listed at a BIN with markup (like a $72k CIB SE), that seller is trying to price in some of the potential future appreciation into their ask price today. I'm arguing that the future appreciation has been impacted somewhat. Of course it is impossible to quantify, just my opinion.

Generally, I'd agree, but there was a reference in the last couple of pages to the "serious sealed collectors" (i.e. the guys who would pursue this kind of item, specifically) already knowing about the case and believing in its existence.

So, in theory, the "serious buyers" already had this case priced in, at least under the assumption that Tim himself will never part it out and sell it.

That said... if the last copy sold for $40k and you're putting your pricing estimates at +/-5k... having this push things to the lower end of that spectrum is still a pretty big hit in dollar terms.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:00:38 AM
drcurtis (6)

< Crack Trooper >
United States
And a 5k drop would be realistic to me if they all came to market. Perhaps even now. But I don't think that's a long-term thing with this quantity. Maybe.

Consider if the case came up for sale and I bought it. It is not going to hit the market again in my lifetime. In a couple of years a sealed copy comes up for auction. Would it suffer, price-wise?

I generally use Honis Wagner cards as a parallel. Someone finds one every couple of years. And yet it always sells for a new record.

If my Stadium Events loses 10 percent of its value, I really don't care. My cars do that every year and it didn't prevent me from buying them.

All is speculation so I am arguing a little Devil's advocate. It could really pan out multiple ways.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:08:13 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I don't want to derail the conversation with my +/- $5k comment. Some play in the number is normal statistical variation. Saying $40k +/- $5k is like saying a $100 game is $90-$110. Sure, you can give a point estimate of $100, but a range estimate gives a better indicator of value. The higher the value of the item, the more of a dollar wise fluctuation you can see.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=