NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The final Wii game ever, a true rarity

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:19:08 AM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Originally posted by: The Questyen

It was pulled from Gamestop's website also and it was definitely being sold there at launch because I saw it in stores so it most likely got recalled. They also released it in bundle with a microphone form and game only.

On Maximums own website all mention of the Wii version was removed so it had to have been recalled.

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:51:56 AM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other
Originally posted by: smokinjoe24

Thought I'd bump this. Still none listed on eBay. I haven't looked for this lately. Anyone else noticed if these are Still out there?
They are:

http://store.nisamerica.com/rodea...

Standard Edition Includes:
- Rodea the Sky Soldier (3DS™ or Wii U™/Wii™ )

Not sure if the Wii game has a own cover in this version though, but the game itself should be included.

EDIT: Could be that the Wii version isnt included after all. Under the launch day edition, it says specifically that the Wii version is included. Not sure why Wii is mentioned in the standard edition though, if its not included that is.

Edited: 02/14/2016 at 11:55 AM by jajaja

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:55:37 AM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Originally posted by: jajaja

Thought I'd bump this. Still none listed on eBay. I haven't looked for this lately. Anyone else noticed if these are Still out there?
They are:

http://store.nisamerica.com/rodea-the-sky-soldier

Standard Edition Includes:
- Rodea the Sky Soldier (3DS™ or Wii U™/Wii™ )

Not sure if the Wii game has a own cover in this version though, but the game itself should be included.

EDIT: Could be that the Wii version isnt included after all. Under the launch day edition, it says specifically that the Wii version is included. Not sure why Wii is mentioned in the standard edition though, if its not included that is.

They weren't talking about Rodea they were talking about Let's Sing 2016.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:37:01 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
I went to a Gamestop today and they didn't have it either.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:55:27 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Walmart had pulled it off their website, none listed on Amazon or eBay either.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:58:44 PM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other

They weren't talking about Rodea they were talking about Let's Sing 2016.

I see. I mostly read the first page, guess i should have read more before replying

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:30:28 AM
brideck (10)
(Brian Decker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota

It was pulled from Gamestop's website also and it was definitely being sold there at launch because I saw it in stores so it most likely got recalled. They also released it in bundle with a microphone form and game only.

On Maximums own website all mention of the Wii version was removed so it had to have been recalled.

Did anyone end up buying a copy and <gasp> trying it out?  There are a few reviews on Amazon, but they're all negative and talk about how something with the sound or mic support is completely borked.  If that's true, it would explain why it was recalled.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:17:17 AM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico

I went to a Gamestop today and they didn't have it either.

Mine doesn't carry it anymore too...

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:24:10 PM
Roystorey (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Alabama
I grabbed the one at my local Gamestop a couple months back. Hadn't played it yet though. Only time I've ever seen it listed online since then was one guy on Amazon selling it for like $90

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:21:48 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
There is one on Amazon now for $71.

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:08:28 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona

Got my copy of the bundle in this week. I need it for my Wii collection and now I know it's been recalled I decided to pick it up before the prices get really crazy.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:33:46 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Went to an out of the way GameStop today. Look through the Wii and found only 1 game I didn't already have... Let's sing 2016 w/o microphone. I'm excited because I hadn't seen them this year after they were recalled and though I missed my chance (I did get the bundle a few weeks back). Bring it to the counter and they can't find it 😢, so I ask for the case and manual as I always do when they can't find a game. So im still calling it a win. 👍

-------------------------

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:43:37 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: Rcjdm97

Went to an out of the way GameStop today. Look through the Wii and found only 1 game I didn't already have... Let's sing 2016 w/o microphone. I'm excited because I hadn't seen them this year after they were recalled and though I missed my chance (I did get the bundle a few weeks back). Bring it to the counter and they can't find it 😢, so I ask for the case and manual as I always do when they can't find a game. So im still calling it a win. 👍
Hey, free case and manual for a possible rare game.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:31:16 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
Now a days with the internet and forums to spread the knowledge incredibly quickly on to others as well as people learning from their mistakes of throwing away the packaging like the old days.

Don't expect games of today to EVER reach anywhere near the value of game libraries to that of nes or snes, unless they were recalled.

Just saying this because I'm seeing more hype of games being released in limited amounts on here and others assume if they don't get it right now, they'll be force to spend the extra $25 for said title 5 years later.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Edited: 02/26/2016 at 08:33 PM by Thunderblaze16

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:18:00 PM
weekendroady (6)
(Philip ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
This Lets Sing deal almost does seem like a Wii "Stadium Events" of sorts...I can't imagine this game sold much at all, a generic singing game released at the Wii's end-of-life recalled just weeks into its release. Now you can't even find one single copy anywhere, not even one solitary listing on Amazon or ebay. How many copies could this possibly have sold to this point (and are we to assume those will be the only copies to ever circulate. Will Maximum Games really trash all those that were recalled, I'm sure a few will leak out if employees see a cash grab opportunity). If it stays recalled, this would likely be a prime candidate for rarest Wii game ever. Still, there would have to be somewhat of a collecting frenzy to drive that public awareness. A handful of NA guys being fairly assured of its rarity is much different than those Stadium Events cash-in articles we see pop up every now and then on mainstream media. 

That said, if this pops up on ebay and somehow gets bid up to some epic price (at least a few hundreds), maybe it'll get people on the Wii collecting/rarity bandwagon earlier than is usual for these sort of things...I still think it will need some time to develop. That said, I'd buy a copy if I see it...I mean, why not? Worst case is they re-release the game and you just resell it on the spot. 

I collect hockey games for all consoles and PC, see my WTB thread here for my complete checklist, or check out my latest pick-ups for the collection
  PSVR I maintain a list of physical PSVR releases from all regions over at Playstation-Collecting

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:40:05 PM
Roystorey (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Alabama
No idea if this is the Wii version or not, though my outside packaging's the same

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accessory...

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:12:47 PM
weekendroady (6)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Roystorey

No idea if this is the Wii version or not, though my outside packaging's the same

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accessory...
Pretty sure they got that out of the PS4 bundle...but its possible all mic boxes were the same too (though I imagine the UPC on the boxes is different for each bundle)...

I collect hockey games for all consoles and PC, see my WTB thread here for my complete checklist, or check out my latest pick-ups for the collection
  PSVR I maintain a list of physical PSVR releases from all regions over at Playstation-Collecting

Edited: 03/03/2016 at 07:13 PM by weekendroady

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:10:58 AM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
I saw that pop up too. Also not sure on codes but the box seems to be the same minus the blue booster seat for the smaller PS4 case. I'm going to a few Gamestops on Saturday, Ill check whats on the PS4 box.

Mar 12, 2016 at 12:51:13 AM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Love all the naysayers early on in this thread. I am just glad i stuck to my instincts and preordered it. Wasnt expecting a recall, but that added major fuel to the fire.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:11:52 AM
Nes Gangsta (90)
< Meka Chicken >
New York

I was able to hunt one down a few towns over at a gamestop. They only had 2 copies and had no idea about the recall.

Edited: 03/14/2016 at 10:52 AM by Nes Gangsta

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:45:11 PM
weekendroady (6)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Nes Gangsta

I was able to hunt one down a few towns over at a gamestop. They only had 2 copies and had no idea about the recall.

Wow - I tried the Gamestop route but since the item has been completely removed from their website (even doing a google search to try and load the old one), I suspect the store you found missed the memo. Im surprised their system allowed it to ring up. 

I ordered one of off Amazon for $70ish, the box itself is a little bit dinged but its all together. At least I have a copy as well. Didn't want to miss out on this oddity, its worth the dice roll considering how rare it could potentially be. The circumstances this release went through doesn't happen often in the modern era. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:57:57 PM
mpacz99 (0)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Grrr... I walked past this so many times, planning to wait for when Gamestop wouldn't be able to get rid of it and subsequently drop the price, being the last Wii game and all. I would agree that this will be #1 rarest on the Wii. Guess I better hurry up and grab this one.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:43:56 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Guys, let me ask those still finding a copy. How and where are you doing it? Just for summary:

GameStop website and in store systems have no record of it anymore, like it doesn't exist. Employees can't even find it.
Amazon - 0 copies
Best Buy - never got it in first place
eBay - 0 copies

The only things available seem to be PAL versions of the game. I can confirm that GameStop's got this originally as other said, and I also saw in several locations, they ONLY got the bundle edition though from the stores I saw it in. I pre-ordered a bit in advance on Amazon and they shipped directly to me, so Amazon got it as well, but as soon as it hit street date it was immediately unavailable again. Also, I pre-ordered Mensa for Wii the same exact way via Amazon and that's how I got that game, that also seems to be impossible to find, possibly also recalled, coincidentally ALSO by Maximum Games!!! Who the f knows! I guess if there is or isn't listings on Maximum Games website, NOA's, or GameStop's for Mensa would help determine, as it seems all the places mentioned pulled any reference of Let's Dance existing.

Edited: 03/16/2016 at 06:46 PM by XYZ

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:46:09 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: weekendroady

Originally posted by: Nes Gangsta

Wow - I tried the Gamestop route but since the item has been completely removed from their website (even doing a google search to try and load the old one), I suspect the store you found missed the memo. Im surprised their system allowed it to ring up. 

I ordered one of off Amazon for $70ish, the box itself is a little bit dinged but its all together. At least I have a copy as well. Didn't want to miss out on this oddity, its worth the dice roll considering how rare it could potentially be. The circumstances this release went through doesn't happen often in the modern era. 

I am willing to bet that the store he found it in made a mistake and missed pulling it for the recall. That there was a lucky and good find on weekendroady's part!! I have been checking approx. 5 GS's locally and none have one hiding or on Clearance or anywhere. They're gone, as in recalled back to whoever distributed them out. Probably destroyed them or put in a warehouse till the end of time.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:11:20 PM
weekendroady (6)
Oregon
Originally posted by: XYZ

I am willing to bet that the store he found it in made a mistake and missed pulling it for the recall. That there was a lucky and good find on weekendroady's part!! I have been checking approx. 5 GS's locally and none have one hiding or on Clearance or anywhere. They're gone, as in recalled back to whoever distributed them out. Probably destroyed them or put in a warehouse till the end of time.

I may have been the last person to buy it off of Amazon...I purchased it in late-February from a dealership on there for $72+shipping. I keep checking that listing to see if there are any more copies and nothing...

A UK seller just sold a U.S. copy on ebay last week for $56 ($68 shipped). No idea how they ended up with one...http://www.ebay.com/itm/WII-LETS-SING-2016-GAME-35-TOP-HITS-... . That's the last sale of it I've seen (and the only one since the game had been recalled)