Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jan 6, 2010 at 5:47:17 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
EDIT: THIS IS NOW A CONTINUOUS FINDS THREAD. Please check the latest post.

I normally wouldn't make a Finders Keepers thread on a small find like this, but it's officially the start of my Super Famicom collection, so I thought it warranted a thread. I'm pumped.

Edited: 03/30/2012 at 07:26 PM by AllYourBass

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:05:42 PM
NCN (2)
(Shaun Taylor) < Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Great finds. I'd love to find some SF goodies!

-------------------------
---No idea what to collect...---

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:06:29 PM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
nice and those games seem to be decently priced

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:13:57 PM
Ouendan (1)
(Go play Gun Nac right now!!) < Lolo Lord >
California
Have fun with the SF collecting. Be sure to check out the Kunio games.

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:10:13 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Thanks guys. Raiden is my absolute favorite shooter series, so I am especially pumped about the find!!

I'll look up the Kunio games right now... Anyone else know some other good SF games I should pick up?

Edited: 01/06/2010 at 07:10 PM by AllYourBass

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:27:51 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Grab the SFC Final Fight and Street Fighter II. Final Fight has the hooker looking girls in it like the arcade, and SFII has the proper boss names.

And Rushing Beat is the Japanese Rival Turf series (also much better on SFC).

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:53:33 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Thanks for the suggestions... anyone else got some?

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:01:00 PM
bongoben (45)
(Ben White) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Check my for sale thread... plenty of great games there. I will definitely cut you a deal on a lot of games if you're interested.

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:31:40 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
I've decided to ultimate recycle this thread into my Continuous Finds thread. Recycling is good. This thread is like a Prius now. Thaaaanks!

Please note:
There's something you should know about this thread before you enter. This thread isn't so much a list of the shit I've bought in the past, but a chronicling of my rise TO POWER!

Today, I wandered into a local store called Grandma's Antiques. I had pretty low hopes, considering the place's name, and the fact that the windows were filled with stuffed animals and colorful doilies. At first glance, the place was devoid of anything remotely cool. Just a bunch of old junk like metal signs and milk cans.

I was going to just walk out, but instead I asked the old man behind the counter if he had any old video game stuff. He jumped right up and walked to the back of the store, and moved two wheelbarrows full of old tools that were blocking some shelving. As soon as he moved the wheelbarrows, I saw a stack of cartridges and CD cases on the shelf.

He told me that everything on the shelves had been sitting there for a long time, and he couldn't get rid of the stuff for the life of him. He named a VERY (very) fair price for the lot, so I gave him cash immediately.  Here's what was on the shelf:

(P.S. - I'm saving the best for last in this post.)

Nintendo stuff:
Eight new NES games that I didn't have- plus a double of Vindicators. (And a new-to-me SMB/DH Variant)
13 SNES Games - Triples of Super Scope 6, Super Punchout, Judge Dredd, and a bunch of sports stuff.
Four N64 Games - Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Magnavox Odyssey 2 Games and Manuals:
This was unexpected- It was tucked in the back of the shelf, I figured the case would be empty. Pretty cool.
Two of the games have no labels, and I have no way to test what they are... Gnarly.
Also, I must say that the instruction manuals for Odyssey 2 games are pretty cool.

PS1 and Stuff:
I am pretty clueless on most of this. It's mostly PS1 games. Something crazy about it though- There was a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3 mixed in there!! Very strange, indeed.
Apparently NBA Jam: TE in the Long Box is worth something... can anyone confirm or deny? There's only BIN's on Ebay right now.

Genesis games and PS1 Memory Cards:
Self-explanatory. Pretty meh selection, I don't think anything here is worth anything.

Atari 2600 Games and Case:
Definitely some games to add to my collection in this lot. A couple uncommons, not too shabby.
My favorite: Journey!! Gotta love the rendition of Don't Stop Believin' !!

Then, the old man's wife yelled: "HEY! We have more junk to get rid of in the basement, remember?!" The dude looked kind of defeated, and went downstairs and got another box. He said I could just take it. Here's what was in the box:

Controllers:
Some NES, Some SNES, Some Genesis, Some PS1, and one Atari Joystick that I've never seen before. Not too shabby!

Consoles:
What you see is what was in the box. I don't know what the two grey cables are for, though.
There was also a TON of cables, but those aren't worth picturing.

THEN- The unimaginable happened!
The old man's wife walks out from the basement and says to me, "Here, take this too! That's one less thing taking up room!"

Here's what she handed me...

The box is in amazing condition, especially considering it's Canadian! (It says it's the Canadian Edition on the box) Just some scuffs on the box, no crushing at all!
But the unit itself is the real gem here... It's in absolute 100% Mint Pristine Condition. I couldn't possibly be happier right now. 

Now, here's something fun. Can anyone here tell me just what the samhill this thing is?? It was in the box with the consoles.

Another angle of the random thing...?

Whew, quite the crazy day.

Edited: 01/07/2010 at 09:18 PM by AllYourBass

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:38:38 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
nice finds duder!!!
Jeremy

http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:29:33 PM
Pretendo (0)
(Dallas DeMartini) < Little Mac >
Illinois
Great finds!

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:48:45 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Long box PSX games are rad. Powerserve 3D Tennis is a common game but I don't recall the last time I saw NBA Jam T.E..

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:23:19 PM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Wow, that's awesome dude. Great story, too. I guess you just never know which store you walk into might have the gold. I dont know much about those table top games, but they sure looks sweet.

"I will beat you like a drum."

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:56:31 PM
Ohio
I'll tell you what the random object is if you tell me what you paid....

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:59:35 PM
Ohio
It looks like a self winding (may have been an automatic self winding at one point) extension cord. The gray cables with the Atari may have been to connect the unit to the TV/Computer switchbox.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:19:32 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I'll tell you what the random object is if you tell me what you paid....

Alright, you got it- I paid $40 for the lot.

BTW - Do you mean that the random object is a self-winding extension cord? I don't think that's what it is- nothing winds back in on it. The two holes in the 2nd picture is where the cord plugs into it- the plug that goes into it kinda looks like the plug that goes into an electric frying pan, so I was thinking it was some kind of a heater maybe... am I way off here?

As for the grey cables- I'd initially think you were right on that one, but the video cable in an Atari 2600 is built into the system. Maybe they are for the Magnavox Odyssey 2...?

Thanks for the big ups, everyone else!!!

Edited: 01/08/2010 at 04:18 PM by AllYourBass

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:58:08 PM
Ohio

Could have been from a space heater. That would make sense, at least if whoever owed the gaming stuff had it set up in their basement.

Or it could be from a smug detector? 

Edited: 01/08/2010 at 04:02 PM by VGS_captmorgandrinker

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:16:23 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Or it could be from a smug detector? 

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:47:03 PM
Splash (10)
(Pal Rocks) < Meka Chicken >
Germany
40$??? You are a lucky guy. Congrats to this.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:38:29 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
^Thanks Duder!

Edited: 01/18/2010 at 12:38 AM by AllYourBass

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:39:07 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
January 18th Update:

I went out to my parents' house for dinner tonight, and I grabbed some of my childhood rarities. Here's what I grabbed:

My Gameboy System box from when I was a kid. Recieved during Xmas 1991, if I remember correctly.
As you can see, I'm probably the only Canadian that took good care of their shit. Considering this thing has been through two moves, it's in amazing condition. It's got absolutely all of the inserts and manuals in perfect condition.. I didn't feel like taking out everything for pictures, but can upon request if anyone cares to see.
It looks like my parents got my Gameboy in Canada, It's a -CAN box. The code is DMG-GBTR-CAN-1.
Also, there's potentially 3 more of these boxes out there- (Which belonged to my 3 siblings)- But I didn't look for any of the others. I have a feeling those ones might be gone though, because this box had all four of the -CAN Gameboy manuals in it. Oh well, here's to hoping.

My Camerica Game Genie backpack- I've never seen another one of these before, and Google searches come up with absolutely nothing. I mentioned this thing once on a different forum, and someone called bullshit on me, saying there was no such thing. Well, here it is. I got it from a mail-away promotion back in the early 90's.

And, an amazing thing happened- I FOUND MY MISSING CHILDHOOD GAMES TONIGHT!
I Thought they were gone forever. In fact, my games going missing a year ago is what made me begin collecting! So, it looks like everything happens for a reason.

These next items didn't come from my parents house, they are recent pickups:

A CIB Gyromite I got from a $1 BIN (Thanks Fris)... There was also a CIB Mach Rider, but MRN snagged that one up... Well, here's the condition of this bad-boy: I'd say it's a solid 7.5 - 8. Unpunched hangtab!

GB Games: 1 dollar each at Catholic Charities, not too shabby... I'm stoked to play portable Marble Madness.

Edited: 01/18/2010 at 03:19 AM by AllYourBass

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:42:08 AM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
wow $40 is a crazy awesome deal there buddy. congrats.

Let's Go Penguins!

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:46:17 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

wow $40 is a crazy awesome deal there buddy. congrats.

I was a little bit confused for a second, but now I see you mean my pickup on the last page. Thanks dude!
I'm even more stoked about my new finds at the top of the page though... Gotta love stuff from your childhood!

Edited: 01/18/2010 at 01:38 AM by AllYourBass

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:44:03 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Whoa - I just looked inside of the Game Genie backpack... it had a bunch of my old GB games in it! Double score.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:26:20 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada

Nice work Adam!

You're taking all of the Flames luck!

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”