Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

VGA graded games on the Bay

Apr 28, 2008 at 8:59:45 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Thanks for posting that Sara, that makes me feel even better about hating this grading crap.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:12:27 PM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Wow, that's bad.  They need to be doing their best work as this thing gets started, and this is a bad sign.

Here's something I've been thinking about.  If I had some super-rare sealed game, there's no way I would send it through the mail for this service.  Not only could it get lost or stolen en route, but it would be so easy for the game to incur even the slightest amount of damage on the way.  And if they're really being as picky as they claim they are, that would make it a lower grade (not to mention damage my super-rare sealed game).

On the other hand, it sounds like they're not being that picky, so I guess it doesn't matter :-S

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:15:21 PM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....

That is the auction I won for anyone who cares.

Can't beat the price, though. Really probably in line with what I received. Kind if disappointing, though, when you are expecting a really nice copy.

If it is flawless, Dangevin, I do not see how you could get anything lower than a 95. Will post pictures of the flaws when I can just to give you an idea of what an "85" really is.

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:39:39 PM
WingKong (0)
(Glenn Scrima) < Crack Trooper >
Massachusetts
I picked up the VGA 90 copy of Cobra Triangle and I have to agree their grading is loose. I would have thought it to be maybe a NM to NM+ copy but not NM/MT. Coming from comic collecting that is a near impossible grade to achieve and even the extremely slightest flaw can knock it down from that. Its a beautiful copy don't get me wrong but not NM/MT for sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NES Sales Data (eBay): http://www.glennsguides.com/2008/...

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:08:02 AM
Orrimarrko (38)
(Polk High's Finest) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
They should let me grade...LOL

Minty means minty, dammit!

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:45:46 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Orrimarrko

They should let me grade...LOL

Minty means minty, dammit!

Haha I agree! I would sign the petition. You are the mint master.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch