Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Isolated Warrior Contest ends Sunday, 8/7/16 at 11 PM NA time

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:01:39 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

I never found those secret weapon cache places either, in no stage. I should take a look at a guide to figure out them if I am ever revisiting this game.

The only weapon refill spot that is very useful is the one in the first stage. You bomb the red brick building on the left in an alley right after the mini-boss. It makes the game that much easier if you start out with full weapons upgrades.

-------------------------
Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 08/07/2016 at 11:02 PM by mbd39

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:06:03 PM
erizisto (0)

< Crack Trooper >
North Carolina
Nice score skinnygrinny!   

Burning lives never even crossed my mind.  I think I was just pushing myself to get as close as I could to a "perfect" run, i.e. full bonus and no death or damage.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:12:51 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: bertsampson

Yeah, nice job skinny. I take it back, you don't suck...just at Legendary Wings.  
A lil more time and skill and I would have beat you! Lol!  

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:16:01 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: erizisto

Nice score skinnygrinny!   

Burning lives never even crossed my mind.  I think I was just pushing myself to get as close as I could to a "perfect" run, i.e. full bonus and no death or damage.
I knew if I posted my score earlier you and Bert would have figured it out  

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:18:47 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: mbd39

I never found those secret weapon cache places either, in no stage. I should take a look at a guide to figure out them if I am ever revisiting this game.

The only weapon refill spot that is very useful is the one in the first stage. You bomb the red brick building on the left in an alley right after the mini-boss. It makes the game that much easier if you start out with full weapons upgrades.
I thought that one just gave an extra life? 

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:19:41 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I thought that one just gave an extra life? 

It maxes out your weapons and bombs. You must be thinking of a different upgrade spot.

Edited: 08/07/2016 at 11:22 PM by mbd39

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:22:30 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Oh shit, I didn't even know about that one. I was talking about the one in the very begining.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:25:14 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Btw I think this is a really cool game. Never played it before. Thanks to the contest it Quickly became a favorite of mine.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:30:20 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Btw I think this is a really cool game. Never played it before. Thanks to the contest it Quickly became a favorite of mine.

I like it too. I'd already owned it for months before the contest, but I could never even clear stage two before last Sunday. The contest gave me incentive to do better. I'm glad we played it.

This was a good contest with some very tight competition for the top 8 spots.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:36:31 PM
erizisto (0)

< Crack Trooper >
North Carolina
I agree, I think it's a great game, and I was glad to stumble across it because of this site. (Even though it was the "beat every game" thread and not this one.)  

The only complaint I could make is the annoying wheelie move, and having to be careful not to trigger it near jumps.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:40:34 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

I agree, I think it's a great game, and I was glad to stumble across it because of this site. (Even though it was the "beat every game" thread and not this one.)  

The only complaint I could make is the annoying wheelie move, and having to be careful not to trigger it near jumps.

The wheelie move sucks because it makes your bike harder to control and doesn't work against bullets. I never use it deliberately.

Otherwise stage 4 kicks ass.  It's a real adrenaline rush. I'm glad they mixed it up with a faster paced level.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:46:20 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

The wheelie move sucks because it makes your bike harder to control and doesn't work against bullets. I never use it deliberately.

Otherwise stage 4 kicks ass.  It's a real adrenaline rush. I'm glad they mixed it up with a faster paced level.

I loved the wheelie move   I used it through at least the first half of the stage. 

It it does make the jumps tricky if you accidentally do it there. 

Its not not lag it's just slightly shoddy control   

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:26:50 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
This is an awfully short game to have a password feature. Super Mario Bros. 3 and Blaster Master didn't get passwords, but this game with seven short stages that can be beaten in under 30 minutes did.

Edited: 08/08/2016 at 12:27 AM by mbd39

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:37:14 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
So if point racking via intentionally killing yourself to replay certain parts of a level are allowed,then my previous 3.2 million score should be reinstated or else both scores disallowed.

No point racking means no point racking.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:40:25 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: gutsman004

So if point racking via intentionally killing yourself to replay certain parts of a level are allowed,then my previous 3.2 million score should be reinstated or else both scores disallowed.

It means no point racking that can be done ad infinitum so that it ruins the game for high score. Skinny's method can't be done ad infinitum and uses up almost all of your lives.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:44:42 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
There are legit kinds of point racking for a contest like this, as opposed to illegitimate. For example, for a Ninja Gaiden high score contest, you're not allowed to exploit a 1up loop to endlessly get points. But you are allowed to keep killing re-spawning enemies because you're constrained by a time limit.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:45:59 AM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Point racking by using up your lives has always been allowed.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:06:26 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

It means no point racking that can be done ad infinitum so that it ruins the game for high score. Skinny's method can't be done ad infinitum and uses up almost all of your lives.

I assumed it was "no intentional point racking". What he did is intentional point racking. So it's the same thing. At least I posted my point racking early and let everyone know what was up. I could have easily just kept it to myself and posted it last second but I didn't because that wouldn't have been fair. 

This is another reason why I despise last second score submissions. All this secrecy stuff with last second scores and people keeping everything to themselves is just garbage and to me ruins what the contests are supposed to be about. 

Anyway,whatever. I'm done. Should my final standing land me in the tournament,please give my spot to someone else. Thank you.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:22:14 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

I assumed it was "no intentional point racking". What he did is intentional point racking. So it's the same thing. At least I posted my point racking early and let everyone know what was up. I could have easily just kept it to myself and posted it last second but I didn't because that wouldn't have been fair. 

This is another reason why I despise last second score submissions. All this secrecy stuff with last second scores and people keeping everything to themselves is just garbage and to me ruins what the contests are supposed to be about. 

Anyway,whatever. I'm done. Should my final standing land me in the tournament,please give my spot to someone else. Thank you.

Watch Skinny's video. His point racking resulted in him starting stage 2 with around 310k. That's it. It accounts for maybe 150k of his final score. It's not some cheap method that can be done to rack up points  ad infinitum and it takes some skill. You have to use up most of your lives on stage one in order to do it. It's no way comparable to racking up 3 million points on stage 3 by just standing there shooting. Not all point racking methods constitute cheating.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:22:31 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
The official ruling was "no point pressing during boss battles". Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:27:03 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

The official ruling was "no point pressing during boss battles". Seems pretty straight forward to me.

That too.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:20:28 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Damn, guts. Why so salty? 

you know I'm legit. 

2 legit to quit. Hey heeeeeyyyyy.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:21:01 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: bertsampson

Point racking by using up your lives has always been allowed.

*tips hat

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:21:58 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

That too.

Thank you. 

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:28:19 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

That too.

Thank you. 

I watched your video and the point racking doesn't even add all _that_ much to your score. You started stage two with around 310k. I start stage two with maybe half that. It's not a huge point difference. Your final score would have been well over two million without it. It's just that every little bit helps when the scores are so close.