Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2014 Weekly Contest Presents: Kickle Cubicle Contest ends Sunday, 4/13/14 at 11 PM NA time

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:29:20 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the weekly contests.  This week's game is going to be Kickle Cubicle.  Here are the rules:

• 1 life only
  • Secure your score before going into a boss battle.  You cannot see your score while fighting a boss
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Puzzle

The contest ends Sunday, 4/13/14 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 04/17/2014 at 01:36 AM by bimmy_lee

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:31:01 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Tinkered with this one while taking a break from Kabuki Quantum Fighter this week... it is going to be a LONG play-through for the winners, I suspect!

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:33:38 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Tinkered with this one while taking a break from Kabuki Quantum Fighter this week... it is going to be a LONG play-through for the winners, I suspect!

Been playing this on and off this weekend. Good thing it is one life only as this game can become a grind despite a lot of the puzzles being pretty simple. Going to be a high scoring contest as well. Tons of points given!

Edited: 04/06/2014 at 04:22 PM by gutsman004

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:26:53 PM
Dennis Fleaman (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(dev 2) < Meka Chicken >
Netherland Antilles
POWER TIP and question.

Do the special rounds count ? After you beat the game you enter the special rounds and you can still score points.

arch 8ngel @ there are 4 worlds and it takes about 15 minutes to beat them.After the credits you enter the special rounds. So at least an hour.

POWER TIP : play true the game before setting a top score. Some puzzles will kill you if you play them for the first time. 4-1 is an excellent exsample.

Last question : what was the world record on twin galaxies ? I might tape my run for a world record attempt.

WWW.RETROPLAYER.NL...

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:52:00 PM
Thundercat08 (9)
(Alicia G) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Here comes the smack talk. SMACK "It's on like Donkey Kong" I love puzzel games been busy the past couple of weeks, but I got more time this week.

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:24:25 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I think the TG record is 6,415,000...but that seems awfully low.

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:28:42 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
This is a fun one.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Apr 6, 2014 at 8:47:17 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Dennis Fleaman

Do the special rounds count ? After you beat the game you enter the special rounds and you can still score points.

I know my word isn't official but if it helps end any confusion until he logs in later, bimmy is not allowing the special rounds. I asked him, btw, I didn't assume

Apr 6, 2014 at 8:55:54 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: deathrock83

I know my word isn't official but if it helps end any confusion until he logs in later, bimmy is not allowing the special rounds. I asked him, btw, I didn't assume
No special rounds! Why you're avatar have some clown make up for then?

Apr 6, 2014 at 8:57:26 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Us Juggalos gotta stick together dude.

P.S. - gutsman004 "fixed" my avatar!

Edited: 04/06/2014 at 08:57 PM by Jerbilly

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:04:06 PM
Thundercat08 (9)
United States
Stupid mistake for such an easy level for me. I was so mad.

Edited: 04/13/2014 at 04:32 PM by Thundercat08

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:06:54 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: deathrock83

Us Juggalos gotta stick together dude.

P.S. - gutsman004 "fixed" my avatar!

Yep. It's Violent deathrock J!
Here's my first score. 2,111,100. Not a big fan of puzzle games,although this game is pretty cool. Still....I don't expect to put up a top ten score.

Edited: 04/06/2014 at 11:12 PM by gutsman004

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24:39 AM
Dennis Fleaman (8)
(dev 2) < Meka Chicken >
Netherland Antilles
The only thing i haven't found out after all these years playing kickle cubicle is the bonus free bonus round .

Bonus free round : suddenly the puzzle is solved and the screen is filled with ice scream bonus points.
Does somebody know ? I believe it is pure luck and random.

WWW.RETROPLAYER.NL...

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:39:52 AM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
just messed around with this game

its great!

i love it!

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:55:52 AM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina

Originally posted by: Thundercat08

Special Round restarts score at zero.

Actually, the score doesn't reset.  Here's proof.  Skip to 41:42 to see the start of the special rounds:

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:25:19 AM
Thundercat08 (9)
United States
Originally posted by: rdrunner

Originally posted by: Thundercat08
That is so WEIRD I played through it yesterday and it did for me. Maybe someone grabbed my controller when I took a break.
Special Round restarts score at zero.

Actually, the score doesn't reset.  Here's proof.  Skip to 41:42 to see the start of the special rounds:

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:41:58 AM
Dennis Fleaman (8)
(dev 2) < Meka Chicken >
Netherland Antilles
Better get some extra security around the house.

WWW.RETROPLAYER.NL...

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:56:00 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

The only thing i haven't found out after all these years playing kickle cubicle is the bonus free bonus round .

Bonus free round : suddenly the puzzle is solved and the screen is filled with ice scream bonus points.

I know a couple of times a ring has appeared on a stage and if you grab it,all the enemies disappear and the tiles are all covered with bonus items and the round ends once the song ends.

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:09:24 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
It's a long time since I last played this. Too bad I was away and couldn't play Kabuki Quantum Fighter after the new rules were established. Oh well, I might as well give this a try...

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:00:49 PM
Dennis Fleaman (8)
(dev 2) < Meka Chicken >
Netherland Antilles
Originally posted by: gutsman004

I know a couple of times a ring has appeared on a stage and if you grab it,all the enemies disappear and the tiles are all covered with bonus items and the round ends once the song ends.

That is what i meant

WWW.RETROPLAYER.NL...

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:32:40 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

It's a long time since I last played this. Too bad I was away and couldn't play Kabuki Quantum Fighter after the new rules were established. Oh well, I might as well give this a try...

We're truly sorry about this, we really want the rules to be in stone right off the bat but occasionally problem arise during the week. Bimmy seems to be uber busy these days, which is understandable at some point in life. The fact that I don't know the rules before the start of the contest can lead to such situation. Actually, for the first time I'm wondering about getting off the comp to test games thoroughly weeks in avance, but at the same time I love the competition.

Edited: 04/07/2014 at 05:35 PM by guillavoie

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:36:43 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

We're truly sorry about this, we really want the rules to be in stone right off the bat but occasionally problem arise during the week. Bimmy seems to be uber busy these days, which is understandable at some point in life. The fact that I don't know the rules before the start of the contest can lead to such situation For the first time I'm wondering about getting off the comp to test games thoroughly weeks in avance, but at the same time I love the competition .

Based on the scoring, it's small consolation, but I think Vectrex was actually the only one really impacted by the rules-change (since he beat it with a couple of lives left-over, I'm assuming he was able to get past stage 3 on his first life - where a number of top-10 spots fizzled out)

So at least it wasn't a hugely widespread problem :/

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:41:30 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
That's true Arch, I took a glance at the scores after the contest and noted those that got hurt by the change of rules, and Vectrex definitely was the most obvious. Still, I wish it went otherwise, without problem. Some players have specific day in the week they can play, sometimes early, and if rules change after the fact, it is clearly at their disadvantage. The contest should be fair to everyone, be it on Monday or Sunday.

Edited: 04/07/2014 at 05:48 PM by guillavoie

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:36:09 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Originally posted by: gutsman004

That is what i meant

Mine didn't have ice cream,but little mushrooms covering the stage. I know the first time I encountered it was on the stage where the raccoon first appears.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:06:00 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
The third boss is no joke!  (nm- only took a third try to get the hang of him... )

I've played through the first three worlds and haven't encountered the ring yet :/

Edited: 04/08/2014 at 01:09 PM by arch_8ngel