Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Holy crap. Analogue Super NT!!!! Preorder up now!

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:51:46 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
@czroe Nope, it was about you sarcastically saying they should have replaced the hdmi on the snes classic with rgb. Im on my phone so I cant edit long posts.

I mistakenly called the snes classic, a snes mini

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 02:52 PM by MrWunderful

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:52:39 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
People are buying nes minis and snes minis and framemeisters and osscs like hotcakes but this will be a "niche product"? You can't be serious. This is THE product now, everything else is the niche.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 02:53 PM by TuSecsy

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:53:35 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: TuSecsy

People are buying nes mini's and snes mini's like hotcakes but this will be a "niche product"? You can't be serious. This is THE product now, everything else is the niche.

You are starting to sound like a terrible infomercial. 

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:58:11 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
When will the Analogue Super NT bubble burst?

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:59:52 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
Pre-ordered. The price is very reasonable.

Damn TuSecsy sucking this thing off is making me think this will be the greatest device ever. I’m excited  

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:01 PM by Trevor

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:59:59 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

People are buying nes mini's and snes mini's like hotcakes but this will be a "niche product"? You can't be serious. This is THE product now, everything else is the niche.

"I'M SSOO EXCITED!"

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:02:56 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:04:17 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
LOL^^^

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:04:32 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia

@czroe Nope, it was about you sarcastically saying they should have replaced the hdmi on the snes classic with rgb. Im on my phone so I cant edit long posts.

Gotcha.

Anyway, you are entitled to your own opinion (of course). I only wanted you to consider some angles you probably hadn't considered when forming your opinion. For example: Is that honestly how you feel about the AVS? It really is an apples-to-apples comparison. Let's not allow Backfire Effect to convert opinions into fiercely defended core beliefs!

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:08 PM by CZroe

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:05:23 PM
John198X (0)
(John -) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
ARRRGGGGGHHH.

Tired of waiting for FGPA solutions for SMS/TG16/GEN/SNES, I literally got a RetroPie setup TWO DAYS AGO.

I guess I'll just use that to tide me over and check back on this in February to see what people's reactions are and the extent of what a jailbroken one can do (Turbo and Sega CD doubtful?), and maybe place an order then....

1,000 game challenge 10/22/16 - 03/23/19
532 Games Beaten * 
nes-308 * sms-42
tgx-17 gen-29 snes-43 * ps-22
ps2-4 * gb-55 * gbc-12

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:10 PM by John198X

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:06:52 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: CZroe
Anyway, you are entitled to your own opinion (of course). I only wanted you to consider some angles you probably hadn't considered when forming your opinion. For example: Is that honestly how you feel about the AVS? It really is an apples-to-apples comparison.

Pretty sure he supports Bunnyboy, but has no interest in the AVS because he uses a PVM.

I personally have nothing against the Analogue Nt Mini, but I don't need a $400+ NES with an aluminum case. I'm sure it's nice for those who want a high-end product, though.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:07:05 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
can't argue any of my points, so you resort to insults. cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:07:59 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Biggest game changer in retro gaming ever, lol. Get real.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:09:27 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

can't argue any of my points, so you resort to insults. cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

Okay, how about this. People are buying the NES and SNES minis because Nintendo made them, not because they were an uber-wonder-machine. Framemeisters are not selling like hotcakes, they're every bit as niche as this thing is. This is a nice product, but not the Jesus console.

And you complaining about insults? That's rich.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:11 PM by Tulpa

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:10:06 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Gotcha.

Anyway, you are entitled to your own opinion (of course). I only wanted you to consider some angles you probably hadn't considered when forming your opinion. For example: Is that honestly how you feel about the AVS? It really is an apples-to-apples comparison.

I have an avs because i like the other features (and supporting retrousb). 

But I am also currently modding a front loader with NES RGB so I can have it hooked up to my PVM   so its not aimed towards me. 

It is a really neat console, and awesome that it can play other roms from other systems (i guess?) and hdmi is super convenient. The limited shells are pretty sexy too but I will still pass  

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:10:18 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: John198X

ARRRGGGGGHHH.

Tired of waiting for FGPA solutions for SMS/TG16/GEN/SNES, I literally got a RetroPie setup TWO DAYS AGO.

I guess I'll just use that to tide me over and check back on this in February to see what people's reactions are and the extent of what a jailbroken one can do, and maybe place an order then....
patience is definitely a virtue, you actually have the ideal way to do things now if you ask me (raspi and wait for the super nt).  those of us with all these redundant systems and mods and upscalers have to go through a lot of trouble selling them now.

would say you really should preorder a super nt if you can though, they will sell out, everything analogue preorders always does and this is their crown jewel.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:10:42 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: empire

what's bigger?

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:11:04 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Pretty sure he supports Bunnyboy, but has no interest in the AVS because he uses a PVM.

I personally have nothing against the Analogue Nt Mini, but I don't need a $400+ NES with an aluminum case. I'm sure it's nice for those who want a high-end product, though.

That's exactly how I feel about the previous products. I never bought either because I had alternatives (Hi-Def NES). I knew it was a pipe dream to hope for something like that for SNES, so this finally gives me a good reason to buy.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:12 PM by CZroe

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:11:32 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Stop reading my mind pls k thx

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:12:12 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

That's exactly how I feel. I never bought either because I had alternatives (Hi-Def NES). I knew it was a pipe dream to hope for something like that for SNES, so this finally gives me a good reason to buy.
To be fair, I'd probably buy this, too, if I had more SNES games. I only have about four, three shooters and the Adventures of Batman and Robin. And that's about the extent of my SNES interest.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:12:45 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Stop reading my mind pls k thx
Can't help it. I'm part Betazoid.  

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:13:08 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama

Okay, how about this. People are buying the NES and SNES minis because Nintendo made them, not because they were an uber-wonder-machine. Framemeisters are not selling like hotcakes, they're every bit as niche as this thing is. This is a nice product, but not the Jesus console.

And you complaining about insults? That's rich.

Not complaining, just pointing out.  Insults aren't the problem, insults without any actual point is.

OSSC & Framemeisters aren't selling like hotcakes? You don't seriously believe that...

AVS and this are about the same price.  Super NT is 20x the machine.

The people speaking negatively about this device are either angry/jealous they can't afford it, or want to justify their previous purchase of a clearly inferior device like the AVS.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:15 PM by TuSecsy

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:13:55 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

what's bigger?

Everdrive/powerpack

give it up bruh you are not getting anywhere. 

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:15:37 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

OSSC & Framemeisters aren't selling like hotcakes? You don't seriously believe that...
Do you have sales numbers? Even polling people here not that many have Framemeisters. Most hook their NES/SNES up to a random CRT from my view. The Framemeister was only for those willing to shell out to eek out more performance, and that's niche.

Again, this will appeal to the collector/gamer, and will remain niche, because that market is niche. Casuals will not be coming in droves to buy a $190 console.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:16 PM by Tulpa

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:19:42 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama

what's bigger?

Everdrive/powerpack

give it up bruh you are not getting anywhere. 
everdrive/powerpack...which are now obsolete thanks to this.

this is everything, systems, outputs, everdrives.  kinda a big deal.

Edited: 10/16/2017 at 03:20 PM by TuSecsy