Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda Parallel Worlds Gold Cartridge Limited Edition in Box (1 of 3) ended please lock

LOCKED TOPIC

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:29:42 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
This limited edition Parallel Worlds was made by NA member Satashi26 awhile back before becoming part of the current repro team ImmortalGems that you may have seen on eBay or Etsy.  There were only three of these made, so it's not an easy LE to get your hands on.  There is some wear to the box, which has the plastic still but has been opened.  I did not open the cartridge baggie, however, so the game is untouched, and the gold effect looks great.  This is the game that was discussed in a recent thread here, when I was trying to figure out who made it.

I happened across this without knowing what it was (the game was sealed, and the seller had no idea what repros even were, let alone what was in here), and I had a strong curiosity about it.  Fortunately, I decided to open it, and to my surprise it was a gold Limited Edition cartridge!  It was a fun mystery to get help solving, and it's funny to think that we might not have seen it at all if I didn't decide to open up a sealed game...anyway, here you go.

Bidding starts at $120 (which was the original sale price).

Current Bid--

10% of the sale price will be donated to NA.
BIN of $200 until sometime today only (Monday).
$5 minimum bid increments.
Shipping is free to the US, $14 to Canada.
Ends Friday 1/20, 8pm NA, 1-minute ongoing extensions if there are any bids in the final minute.

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Edited: 01/21/2017 at 05:41 PM by coffeewithmrsaturn

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:24:49 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:27:59 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: zombi

$5

Did you want to bid the initial $120?  $5 is just the minimum bid increment, but not the starting bid.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:28:12 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

$5

Starts at $120

good luck everyone!

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:02:07 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

$5

Did you want to bid the initial $120?  $5 is just the minimum bid increment, but not the starting bid.

Dammmmn. I'm out. Sorry man.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:10:17 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Very pretty. So, what comes with the box?

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:35:58 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: avatar!

Very pretty. So, what comes with the box?

Just what you see--box in plastic (unsealed), cartridge in baggie, and tray.  

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:50:23 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
bump

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:59:30 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
It's nice. I like the gold cartridge  
but... flashbackgames has a CIB edition available for $60 (20% off regular price). So yeah, might be a hard sell. I guess that's the "problem" with repros. They're freeware, so sometimes "limited edition" doesn't mean that much. Good luck, you could always try ebay.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:44:42 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: avatar!

It's nice. I like the gold cartridge  
but... flashbackgames has a CIB edition available for $60 (20% off regular price). So yeah, might be a hard sell. I guess that's the "problem" with repros. They're freeware, so sometimes "limited edition" doesn't mean that much. Good luck, you could always try ebay.
This is for someone who might want a rare older LE version of this game for whatever reason.  And of course I'm not trying to fool anyone about what this is (not that you were implying that).  The starting price is based on the fact that it was originally sold for that price.  Perhaps it's worth more now, perhaps less.

Respectfully, I'm not sure the auction thread is the appropriate place for all your comments after the smiley face.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:57:32 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
ends today

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:03:47 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
There were only three of these made, so it's not an easy LE to get your hands on.  

Do you happen to know what they were for or where they were sold? I'm interested.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:08:00 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

There were only three of these made, so it's not an easy LE to get your hands on.  

Do you happen to know what they were for or where they were sold? I'm interested.

Satashi26 can verify or correct this, but from our pm conversation, I believe it was sold here on NA directly to a member.  There wasn't a full-on public sale.  It's actually been hard to piece this together, but I think this was sold to an NA member who later passed away and left this to his fiancee who let her current fiance sell it to me.  So, there's some back-story here...

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:20:01 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Crazy.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.