Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official Limited Run Games Thread Discussion, Notice of new releases, Trading OFFICIAL LIST

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:14:44 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
They will definitely cover you on a damaged game. Trading cards are a little different because they are freebies and not guaranteed to come with the games (with certain exceptions). The fact that they would replace a normal trading card is surprising and speaks to their customer service.

-------------------------

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:10:49 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Well I contacted them...last Friday when I got the package. They sent me an auto email of basic "solutions" to issues and told me to reply to that otherwise they'd close the ticket. I replied and still waiting...

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Nov 21, 2018 at 6:19:40 PM
friedeje191 (26)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

They will definitely cover you on a damaged game. Trading cards are a little different because they are freebies and not guaranteed to come with the games (with certain exceptions). The fact that they would replace a normal trading card is surprising and speaks to their customer service.

Freebie or not, when something that was packed in is damaged, it should be replaced. Not really a surprise. They did. So I agree with you, great customer service!

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:56:54 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Butcher is tempting. Still can't decide.

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:39:11 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: CaliforniaGamingSD

Butcher is tempting. Still can't decide.
For what it's worth, my experience with these things is you'll regret not purchasing it later. It's also only $30, shouldn't break the bank  

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:03:25 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
First Special Reserve Games title I'm actually interested in

yup

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:24:28 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: friedeje191

Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Freebie or not, when something that was packed in is damaged, it should be replaced. Not really a surprise. They did. So I agree with you, great customer service!

Again, with certain exceptions, games are not guaranteed to come with cards.  Asking for freebies to be replaced is a bit much in my opinion, but it's nice that they did it anyway.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:55:20 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
The upcoming releases of Headlander and Rain World both look like they're worth picking up, but at some point I've gotta start turning down these Metroidvanias. I only have a few compared to some people, but there are so many.

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:44:04 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Oh lovely...a stupid mystery game. Which they're going to "reveal on Friday, December 7th shortly before 10AM through the official PlayStation Blog." :/

So we're not going to have that long to figure out if we want to buy it or not.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:05:06 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
They should do something big for December. Celeste would be a clapper.

Edited: 12/01/2018 at 04:05 AM by Californication

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:43:33 AM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio

Celeste would be fantastic for December. In the meantime I will be getting Shantae next week for Switch.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:51:44 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: zeppelin03

Celeste would be fantastic for December. In the meantime I will be getting Shantae next week for Switch.

I've never played a Shantae game because the reviews made them sound too easy. I probably won't go for it because I rarely pick up just to resell. I wonder If the name has inherent value at this point.

Dec 4, 2018 at 11:27:51 AM
Orchid (0)
< Cherub >
Alabama
Why no Switch games on list?

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:43:35 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Anyone have any idea what Friday's mystery PS4 game could be? Their site is saying it is the most well-known games they have ever released.  It must be a large enough title that they are holding onto 500 copies of the collector's edition to give back to the devs.

Edited: 12/04/2018 at 06:45 PM by zeppelin03

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:32:58 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

Anyone have any idea what Friday's mystery PS4 game could be? Their site is saying it is the most well-known games they have ever released.  It must be a large enough title that they are holding onto 500 copies of the collector's edition to give back to the devs.

Nope. Don't know why they're being all mysterious...

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:33:00 AM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: avatar!

Nope. Don't know why they're being all mysterious...

Now we get to sit online watching even longer on Friday. Add watching PlayStation blog during the hour before.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:21:54 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I'm not a big fan of the mystery games because it seems that they tend to set themselves up for disappointment.

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:14:15 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

I like the mystery game idea. It'll keep me coming back to the website at least (although mostly because they're hyping this one up as a well known release). The image on the website is called "MN9-PSV" (Mighty No. 9) which I'm hoping is a hilarious easter egg, lol.

The $25 price rules out almost anything I can think of since a bigger, well known release would certainly be $30.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:23:48 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

I like the mystery game idea. It'll keep me coming back to the website at least (although mostly because they're hyping this one up as a well known release). The image on the website is called "MN9-PSV" (Mighty No. 9) which I'm hoping is a hilarious easter egg, lol.

The $25 price rules out almost anything I can think of since a bigger, well known release would certainly be $30.

Ha. The ported the Vita version of Mighty No. 9 back to PS4 for no reason. If it is Mighty No. 9 patched with dlc the collectors edition might make sense.

Dec 5, 2018 at 8:37:34 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
I'm actually hoping it's something I hate. So I don't have to worry about buying it.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:15:33 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Weird number for the collector's edition of Shantae at 2900 worldwide instead of usually 3000.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:01:29 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida

Hopefully that's to throw people off, and hopefully the game is...

Cuphead

hopefully  

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:20:57 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
They said it's a PS2 game in their email. Someone speculated Katamari Demacy, which wasn't announced for PS4 and costs $30 on Switch so that seems unlikely. SotC/ICO? Jak, Sly, R&C? I can't think of any existing, popular only-digital-on-PS4 PS2 game that could get a physical release. Everything I thought of already has a physical release or only came out on PS3. If it's a new announcement, that's pretty great. I think I'll sleep in knowing it's a PS2 game though, lol. I'm not a big remake guy.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 12/06/2018 at 04:21 PM by DefaultGen

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:27:22 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio

They said it's a PS2 game in their email. Someone speculated Katamari Demacy, which wasn't announced for PS4 and costs $30 on Switch so that seems unlikely. SotC/ICO? Jak, Sly, R&C? I can't think of any existing, popular only-digital-on-PS4 PS2 game that could get a physical release. Everything I thought of already has a physical release or only came out on PS3. If it's a new announcement, that's pretty great. I think I'll sleep in knowing it's a PS2 game though, lol. I'm not a big remake guy.

I can't think of any PS2 classic that I would need to own on PS4. If it was a full remake, but if it is just an emulated port I will stick to PS2.

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:27:38 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
My first thought was Okami, but that's already been done physically on PS4. I'm hoping it's something that isn't yet available in physical form.