Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

RETRO: A New RETRO Gaming Magazine Help to support our site by supporting our partners.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:07:26 PM
MathUser2929 (0)
(D L) < Eggplant Wizard >
South Dakota
I got the issue just yesterday. It was pretty alright. They added more advertisements. You guys might like that years later. I like looking at advertisements in old EGM's. Cool to see what was there back then.

-------------------------

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:11:17 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
got my second issue today. havent read through it yet. looks good!

eBay listings here

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:24:13 PM
Piko (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: GameGavel

Originally posted by: AcePuppy

Can someone confirm how late we can order to still get the first issue? Been away for awhile and just want to know I'll still be able to get the first issue.

Yes, your sub will begin with the premier issue

Hey I subbed back in DEC and never got my premier issue? I see you've already given out a lot of them to people that subbed several weeks after, also I pm'ed you a couple of times and no response?

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:47:28 PM
Steve (12)
(Steve RVG) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Got mine as well today! Looking forward to reading it this weekend after a long work week and Captain America: Winter Soldier (can't wait to finally see one of the GODZILLA trailers on the big screen...)

RVGFANATIC | SNES reviews and remembrances

RELIVE | REPLAY | REMEMBER

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:13:04 AM
benroveno (0)

(Ben Roveno) < Little Mac >
Alabama
would love to hear more about this.. it looks awesome. I remembered having a RETRO gaming magazine bought by my dad in some foreign country. Still have it actually. Yeah.. they are awesome!!!

My precious SNES is now stored in my warehouse. Meanwhile, my first-gen Xbox is about to accompany my SNES.
Youtube gametabletz

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:54:17 PM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: benroveno

would love to hear more about this.. it looks awesome. I remembered having a RETRO gaming magazine bought by my dad in some foreign country. Still have it actually. Yeah.. they are awesome!!!

It's fantastic

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

May 10, 2014 at 12:50:08 PM
DuarteDF (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Portugal
Does anyone who signed up for the digital only release, actually receive the magazine in your e-mail?
Because I don't... I finally managed to download the second issue from the website, but I could never access the first one, even though I'm pretty sure I signed up back in December.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:49:05 PM
dodgerdanny (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
California
Anyone received issue # 4 yet? I thought they had gone out already.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:56:14 AM
GameGavel (5)
(Mike Kennedy) < Meka Chicken >
California
Hey Guys! Sorry for the delay on our 4th issue. Summer and E3 has taken its toll on many of our contributors but all stories are in and we are wrapping up the layout and design with a few pages to go. Should be heading to printers and post soon

Also, here is a free digital flip through of our 2nd issue for those who have yet to see it. We have made some changes since then, but you should get the idea. If you like it, please consider subscribing at http://www.readretro.com/subscrib.... Use discount code iheartretro for a discount.

http://issuu.com/markkaminski/doc...

So Cal Mike

http://www.GameGavel.com, Auctions For Gamers

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:02:29 PM
Steve (12)
United States
One of the things I respected and adored about EGM back in the day was it ran a very tight ship. It always shipped at the end or beginning of each month (I can't remember which one). You could always count on it showing up in your mailbox either the first or last week of a month, everytime without fail. I know it's a different beast these days, but it would be nice if Retro could do something similar going forward. Arriving consistently in the first week of say each issue's 2nd month. i.e. issue 4, July/August would have been nice to arrive early August, then issue 5, September/October, could arrive in early October and finally issue 6, November/December, could arrive in early December. That way it's literally a 2 month wait. The wait from issue 3 to 4 has been more than 2 months.

I hope this feedback is helpful, Mike. I am a fan and totally understand the delay. But others however, may not be as patient.

Looking forward to issue 4

Edited: 08/31/2014 at 03:04 PM by Steve

Sep 1, 2014 at 3:45:36 PM
Trifecta (21)

(Ron Jenkins) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
I never received issue 3 and we're already talking about issue 4? I paid for a year's subscription back in January. I don't understand.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:32:08 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
I got #3 the first week of June (best issue so far!!). It's been 3 months since then, and I haven't gotten #4 yet, either.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Edited: 09/01/2014 at 04:34 PM by nothingface023

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:55:36 PM
Steve (12)
United States
Originally posted by: nothingface023

I got #3 the first week of June (best issue so far!!). It's been 3 months since then, and I haven't gotten #4 yet, either.

No one has. Retro announced recently that they will start shipping it soon. So it should be in our mailboxes sometime before mid-September if all goes well.

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:06:36 AM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: DuarteDF

Does anyone who signed up for the digital only release, actually receive the magazine in your e-mail?
Because I don't... I finally managed to download the second issue from the website, but I could never access the first one, even though I'm pretty sure I signed up back in December.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I'm also curious about the digital copy of issue 1....it's not been there as far as I've seen and I've been a subscriber since the start. Would love to have it to download!

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:33:49 PM
GameGavel (5)
(Mike Kennedy) < Meka Chicken >
California
To any of our subscribers over here on NA I wanted to just say that the summer lull is over and RETRO Issue #4 is wrapped and at the printers and should be then off to the mailhouse by the end of next week. Summer and E3 slowed the entire team down but we hope to be back on track for delivering the final two magazines of our inaugural year by year end. Here is a sneak peek of what some of you can expect in your mailboxes soon:

http://issuu.com/markkaminski/doc...

If you aren't yet receiving RETRO then you can subscribe here: http://www.readretro.com/subscrib... Choose Option 1 if you want a print subscription and use promo code longliveretro for a nice discount.

So Cal Mike

http://www.GameGavel.com, Auctions For Gamers

Edited: 09/05/2014 at 09:13 PM by GameGavel

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:14:49 PM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
I subscribed to this at CGE. Good people. I got two free magazines and a poster for subscribing.

Oct 5, 2014 at 1:23:22 PM
Steve (12)
United States
Yay, issue 4 came for me yesterday! About a third through it, and enjoying it.

My only gripe being that, and I know the summer/E3 was a super busy time for Retro's staff and threw them off a bit, but an July/August issue being received in October is a bit of a disappointment.

Mike, when will issue 5 (September/October) ship? I'm a bit concerned if this long delay for issue 4 will cause any kind of carryover to issues 5 and 6. You have a mere 3 weeks to push out issue 5 if you want to ship it on time within the issue's bi-monthly parameters.

I did notice that issue 4 does not write "July/August" in it anywhere. Whereas issue 1 says clearly Jan/Feb, issue 2 March/April and issue 3 May/June. Is Retro now going to be released whenever it can, or will it remain strict to its bi-monthly nature? I expect you will remain true to the bi-monthly nature and that this latest issue can be chalked up to summer time madness.

Will we receive two Retro issues (5 and 6) before the end of 2014? That's 2 issues for 3 months. Issue 5 would be September/October (it's already October 5th) and issue 6 would be November/December. I'm concerned whether these "deadlines" can be met as I just received issue 4 in the mail yesterday, and in general, I know the earliest anyone received issue 4 was mid-late September. I hope I'm not coming off as being "tough" or anything; these are merely questions I'm curious to know the answers to I plan to resubscribe for year number two of RETRO for sure, as I think the magazine continues to forge its own unique identity with each passing issue. Thanks for your time, Mike!