Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The final Wii game ever, a true rarity

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:42:46 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
What about wii accessories? Anyone into them? I picked up 2 "Nyko Wing" wired controllers for cheap at a thrift store in gold/black color and the quality seems really high, has anyone use ld them? What accessories do you prefer.

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:49:14 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Did my eyes deceive me or did I see Let's Dance 2017 for Wii on the shelf at WalMart this weekend? If so that's crazy that Wii games are still hitting the shelves while the Wii U is preparing for its final releases.

-------------------------
www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:24:59 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Quazonk

Did my eyes deceive me or did I see Let's Dance 2017 for Wii on the shelf at WalMart this weekend? If so that's crazy that Wii games are still hitting the shelves while the Wii U is preparing for its final releases.
Let's Dance 2017 is also announced as a launch title for Switch. If true, it would be the first time the same game title is simultaneously released for three different console generations. Well the Switch version got delayed slightly because it hasn't launched yet.  

And I guess you could argue that Ledgend of Zelda Twilight Princess was released for three consecutive systems as well, but that's also apples to oranges due to the span of time between the original and HD release.

I'm not referring to game franchises on multiple systems, as those are generally considered sequels rather than ports. Just because say "Tetris" was released for every Nintendo handheld ever doesn't mean it was the same version of the game each go round.  

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:45:45 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Originally posted by: Quazonk

Let's Dance 2017 is also announced as a launch title for Switch. If true, it would be the first time the same game title is simultaneously released for three different console generations. Well the Switch version got delayed slightly because it hasn't launched yet.  

And I guess you could argue that Ledgend of Zelda Twilight Princess was released for three consecutive systems as well, but that's also apples to oranges due to the span of time between the original and HD release.

I'm not referring to game franchises on multiple systems, as those are generally considered sequels rather than ports. Just because say "Tetris" was released for every Nintendo handheld ever doesn't mean it was the same version of the game each go round.  

I do believe this will be the first time in video game history that this happens with a game.

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:54:50 AM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
FIFA 14 for PS2/PS3/PS4.

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 01/24/2017 at 12:55 AM by scaryice

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:25:00 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: scaryice

FIFA 14 for PS2/PS3/PS4.
LOL. FIFA 14 and Just Dance 2017. A sports title and a party game. Who'd of thought.

How common do you guys think JD 2017 will be? How rare is FIFA 14. We well know Wario's Woods was the last licensed NES release and it isn't uncommon, even sealed.

Edited: 01/24/2017 at 01:27 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:25:00 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I saw at least a dozen copies of Just Dance 2017 at Target yesterday. For $20, I almost bought one just because it will be the last release, but I don't know that I really care that much.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:45:24 AM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri

Originally posted by: scaryice

FIFA 14 for PS2/PS3/PS4.
LOL. FIFA 14 and Just Dance 2017. A sports title and a party game. Who'd of thought.

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x8Y..." width="500">>

How common do you guys think JD 2017 will be? How rare is FIFA 14. We well know Wario's Woods was the last licensed NES release and it isn't uncommon, even sealed.

FIFA 14 (NTSC) is one of the rarer titles for the PS2 for sure. I'm fairly certain it was only a regional release as you can only find it from sellers in certain areas (Mexico and maybe some in California). 

Just Dance just seems way too common to matter. My Walmart had 6-8ish of them last I checked.

Let's Go Penguins!

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:00:01 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

I saw at least a dozen copies of Just Dance 2017 at Target yesterday. For $20, I almost bought one just because it will be the last release, but I don't know that I really care that much.
Don't bother with it. Unless that "last" release is something genuinely good (like Zelda BOTW for Wii-U), it ain't worth picking up. And do we know for certain that Breath of the Wild is the last Wii-U title?  

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:28:03 PM
alpodt (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
FYI, there are a lot of copies of Let's Sing 2016 bundle for $21 on ebay.

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:53:25 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: alpodt

Now someone just needs to live stream that T&A song so everyone with no interest in actually playing the game can get on with their lives... /jk

A lot more "recalled" copies of this game appear to have leaked than previously thought.  

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:33:43 AM
theclaw (78)
(Lum Fan) < Lolo Lord >
Washington

Don't bother with it. Unless that "last" release is something genuinely good (like Zelda BOTW for Wii-U), it ain't worth picking up. And do we know for certain that Breath of the Wild is the last Wii-U title?  

Not yet. Nintendo only said first party development ended.

This is a signature-tcha!

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:41:48 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: theclaw

It would be interesting if we see any games dual released on Wii and Switch that skip the Wii-U. It seems most games released for the Wii in recent years are just casual party and "fitainment" games.  

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:35:12 PM
alpodt (0)
< Tourian Tourist >

It would be interesting if we see any games dual released on Wii and Switch that skip the Wii-U. It seems most games released for the Wii in recent years are just casual party and "fitainment" games.  

I know a ton of families who own a Wii, but basically none who own a Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Just Dance 2020 on the Wii and not the Wii U!

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:55:51 PM
GsoFly (9)
(Greg ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: alpodt

Crazy to think these games were going for over 200 when the hype was sky high. What A Bust. Goes to show how a website can over inflate a games cost, or how a single seller can destroy the market instantly.

Crazy times we live in... lol

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:26:36 AM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
...and

Just Dance 2018 is coming to the Wii !!! The system that never dies! It's also getting a release on Wii U (which is also dead), yet strangely enough, no release on the Switch. Weird stuff... oh and PS3 and Xbox 360 getting a release too. I was certain the last game on all these systems had happened with Cars 3 last month, but I guess I was wrong.

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:41:13 AM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida
I''m amazed that this thread simply asking what the last wii game is just won't die, lock the wii library already nintendo.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:10:08 AM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Apparently Just Dance 2017 sold better on the Wii than any of the other systems. So there might be a few more years of Wii releases to go...

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:14:39 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: XYZ

...and

Just Dance 2018 is coming to the Wii !!! The system that never dies! It's also getting a release on Wii U (which is also dead), yet strangely enough, no release on the Switch. Weird stuff... oh and PS3 and Xbox 360 getting a release too. I was certain the last game on all these systems had happened with Cars 3 last month, but I guess I was wrong.

Sometimes the last game for a system is not rare. I own a "case fresh" sealed Wario's Woods for instance. I'm sure they will saturate the market with Just Dance 2018 and it will be a boring last game. I can't imagine they don't release a Switch version. Still a ton of unsold copies though, along with vacant Switch placards at retailers...

Edited: 07/21/2017 at 01:17 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Jul 22, 2017 at 7:46:53 PM
theclaw (78)
(Lum Fan) < Lolo Lord >
Washington

...and

PS3 and Xbox 360 last gasp NBA, FIFA, and PES roster updates. Yippee!

This is a signature-tcha!

Edited: 07/22/2017 at 07:49 PM by theclaw

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:34:11 AM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio

...and

PS3 and Xbox 360 last gasp NBA, FIFA, and PES roster updates. Yippee!

Nba 2K is also coming out on the 360

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:13:09 PM
theonering84 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

...and

Sometimes the last game for a system is not rare. I own a "case fresh" sealed Wario's Woods for instance. I'm sure they will saturate the market with Just Dance 2018 and it will be a boring last game. I can't imagine they don't release a Switch version. Still a ton of unsold copies though, along with vacant Switch placards at retailers...

So then my question to everyone is, which would be the wiser purchase...the Wii version, or the Wii U version?   Remember, Wii U has been discontinued too, and if JD 2017 sold more on the Wii than the Wii U, I have a feeling the same will happen again.

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:58:00 PM
theonering84 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
So Let's Sing 2018 and Just Dance 2018 are coming out this week and next week. Who's planning on buying them? I'm tempted to buy LS 2018 but not sure yet.

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:00:33 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: theonering84

So Let's Sing 2018 and Just Dance 2018 are coming out this week and next week. Who's planning on buying them? I'm tempted to buy LS 2018 but not sure yet.
For Wii, Wii-U, and Switch? Oh joy...  

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:02:08 PM
theonering84 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Originally posted by: theonering84

For Wii, Wii-U, and Switch? Oh joy...  

Just the Wii, for me anyway.  If I decide to collect Wii U later, then yes, I would buy it for that too, haha.