Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Lag Fix Patch in AVS Future? nes classic run better over hdmi (lag wise)

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:49:00 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Doomberg

Originally posted by: Tulpa

and the nes classic edition doesn't

Check your input settings. My TV allows completely different settings for each input. If one has a game mode and the other doesn't, or if one has extra processing, there's your lag.

both through same hdmi input with game mode on everything else off

OK. Anything else in the mix, like an AV receiver system?

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:52:00 PM
Doomberg (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Arizona
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Here, I did some research for you.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=106&t...

nothing about nes classic

I'm trying very hard to be patient with you. It's very hard. I want to be mean. I really want to be mean. But I won't. Because you are new. So I'm trying to cut you some slack.

There are no direct comparisons between the AVS and the NES Classic. Do you want to know why? Because there doesn't need to be. There are so many reports out there of the lag from a NES Classic. So many.

I gave you a direct link to lag tests dealing solely with the AVS.

World class tetris players have played it. Thousands of people have been playing it for a year. Nothing but praise. People who own world records for twitch reflex games have been playing it. Nothing but praise.

But here you are, saying your AVS has more lag than the NES Classic.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. And if you'd do less typing of three word sentences and more reading, you might find some useful information confirming this.

And with that, I am done. Good luck. I'm sorry that your AVS is so laggy. But I'm just going to assume that it's 1) your TV or 2) user error.
ok sry man I just want some proof for my own Eyes

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:56:31 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia

I'm trying very hard to be patient with you. It's very hard. I want to be mean. I really want to be mean. But I won't. Because you are new. So I'm trying to cut you some slack.

There are no direct comparisons between the AVS and the NES Classic. Do you want to know why? Because there doesn't need to be. There are so many reports out there of the lag from a NES Classic. So many.

World class tetris players have played it. Thousands of people have been playing it for a year. Nothing but praise. People who own world records for twitch reflex games have been playing it. Nothing but praise.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. And if you'd do less typing of three word sentences and more reading, you might find some useful information confirming this.

And with that, I am done. Good luck. I'm sorry that your AVS is so laggy. But I'm just going to assume that it's 1) your TV or 2) user error.

Do you have an iPhone?

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:59:20 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
This is one of my favorite threads.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:00:14 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Unless you have two identical TVs side by side with both consoles running the exact same game at the exact same game stage/moment, there is no way to convincingly say one has more lag than the other unless it's so bad that the console in question is fucked up somehow. Your mind plays tricks on you when you try to remember whether one has lag or not. That's why things like double blind testing exists.

I can say confidently that Punch Out is completely playable on my TV and AVS and that's all that I need to know.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:00:53 AM
Doomberg (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Arizona

great moderator  

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:01:11 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

This is one of my favorite threads.
Yeah, it's been awhile since we have had a good one.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:03:09 AM
Doomberg (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Arizona

Unless you have two identical TVs side by side with both consoles running the exact same game at the exact same game stage/moment, there is no way to convincingly say one has more lag than the other unless it's so bad that the console in question is fucked up somehow. Your mind plays tricks on you when you try to remember whether one has lag or not. That's why things like double blind testing exists.

I can say confidently that Punch Out is completely playable on my TV and AVS and that's all that I need to know.

Tulpa thx for being nice, and hearing me out man , until I have proof to share I'll believe it placeebo

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:03:56 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I have my moments.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:07:18 AM
Doomberg (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Arizona
well I appreciate it

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:15:25 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
I haven't noticed

-------------------------

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:59:08 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Don't be talking bout my momma! 

KHAN (that's pronounced "k Han" btw)  gets in a tizzy when you talk about his momma. Maybe he didn't have his coffee yet. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:09:41 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

No MTPO for me with my AVS flatscreen hookup   

i start to notice with popinski. I have to really be precise to get six punches in. Where front loader crt hookup its natural. Sandman kicks my ass on an avs. Front loader crt it's 14-0 every time   

but i believe its is lag from the tv. I have tried on two flatscreens one is worse than the other but neither will play MTPO without lag. 

My beef with the avs is, unless you dig you wouldn't know this before purchase. 

Oct 6, 2017 at 7:25:59 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=106&threa...

Don't be talking bout my momma! 

KHAN (that's pronounced "k Han" btw)  gets in a tizzy when you talk about his momma. Maybe he didn't have his coffee yet. 

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Oct 6, 2017 at 9:01:26 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee

i start to notice with popinski. I have to really be precise to get six punches in. Where front loader crt hookup its natural. Sandman kicks my ass on an avs. Front loader crt it's 14-0 every time   

but i believe its is lag from the tv. I have tried on two flatscreens one is worse than the other but neither will play MTPO without lag. 

I'm guessing that you can't (or haven't) play MTPO via anything on your flatscreen, then, as everything else on the market has either an equivalent amount of lag (Hi-Def NES / NT Mini) or more (NES Classic, HDMI fake NES Classic, 8-Bit HD, Retron HD, etc.).  It all comes down to how much processing your TV is putting on the signal as it's incoming since the AVS, Hi-Def NES and (presumably) NT Mini output a native HD signal with zero lag between the system and video output.  You shouldn't have any beef with the AVS or any other lagless HDMI NES system since the issue is clearly your flatscreen.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:03:54 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: darkchylde28

I'm guessing that you can't (or haven't) play MTPO via anything on your flatscreen, then, as everything else on the market has either an equivalent amount of lag (Hi-Def NES / NT Mini) or more (NES Classic, HDMI fake NES Classic, 8-Bit HD, Retron HD, etc.).  It all comes down to how much processing your TV is putting on the signal as it's incoming since the AVS, Hi-Def NES and (presumably) NT Mini output a native HD signal with zero lag between the system and video output.  You shouldn't have any beef with the AVS or any other lagless HDMI NES system since the issue is clearly your flatscreen.

I got no beef with the actual system. It's great. I understand it's my tv that lags. My beef is I should have been informed, no matter how ignorant or stupid I might seem, that the avs does not preform equally on all tv's. 

Like a huge sign hitting me in the face multiple times. "Hey mcfly, this things not plug and play lag free". 

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:20:49 AM
AaronE (52)
(Aaron E) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Sorry you didn't realize all modern game systems can have lag due to the tv introducing it and doing post processing. This is why many non-shit TVs have modes specific for gaming to reduce that.

It's not something inherent to the AVS and it's not something that is new or not well known. News to you I guess?

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:30:01 AM
Doomberg (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Arizona
Originally posted by: AaronE

Sorry you didn't realize all modern game systems can have lag due to the tv introducing it and doing post processing. This is why many non-shit TVs have modes specific for gaming to reduce that.

It's not something inherent to the AVS and it's not something that is new or not well known. News to you I guess?

Its not well known, i'm the only person in my group of friends that known this

Edited: 10/06/2017 at 10:32 AM by Doomberg

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:32:20 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Yeah, this has been a thing since the Xbox 360 and PS3 rolled out over a decade ago. Go on any A/V forum's gaming section and you'll find hundreds of threads about TV lag and which ones minimize that.

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:33:15 AM
AaronE (52)
(Aaron E) < El Ripper >
Indiana

Its not well known, stop being rude

wasn't refering to you. but since you're here... yes it is. Stop being ignorant.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/...
http://bfy.tw/EKf9...

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:44:50 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Ya, I only know about it now because of my avs. Forgive me. I had a PS3 but only played gt5 and mk. I never noticed any lag.

im not trying to imply it's not a thing. Just that I didn't know about it and maybe I'm not the only one. 

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:47:55 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Yeah, this has been a thing since the Xbox 360 and PS3 rolled out over a decade ago. Go on any A/V forum's gaming section and you'll find hundreds of threads about TV lag and which ones minimize that.
I only know this now because of the issues I had with the avs. I had a PS3 never noticed any lag. I just didn't think to look up information like this before I bought the avs because it didn't cross my mind that it would be an issue. And why would it? 

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:59:37 AM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Just picked up a vaus controller. I'm gonna play arkanoid on my AVS until I lag in my pants.

Oct 6, 2017 at 11:17:47 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

I only know this now because of the issues I had with the avs. I had a PS3 never noticed any lag. I just didn't think to look up information like this before I bought the avs because it didn't cross my mind that it would be an issue. And why would it? 

Weird. Every gamer I've ever known who has a modern HDMI console has brought up lag issues and discussions about TVs that have less lag. It's why plasma TVs were popular among gamers back in the early HDMI days (they tended to have less lag than LCDs across the board, until LCDs started catching up.)

I don't doubt you might have missed those discussions, but it has been making the rounds on many forums I've frequented for the last ten years or so.

Oct 6, 2017 at 11:23:49 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I was using my Xbox 360 and ps3 with a CRT so that I could avoid lag. Didn't pick up an HDTV until I absolutely had to, and I got lucky with mine being really good with lag. But I'd go to my friend's house and the lag was awful

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032