Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Post Your Collection Pics Yep, it's bragging time...

LOCKED TOPIC

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:33:41 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
i store mine seperately because im always digging out new games to play, and hate to mess with the boxes. especially the rare ones. And the real rare games i keep in the NES hard shell cases, that way they are protected but still easily to pull out and play :-)

-------------------------
Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Jan 23, 2007 at 8:54:31 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Nistle

nice looking collection burnambill.

do you guys like to keep the games in the box or store the carts and boxes seperate?

I've been keeping my carts separate from the start. Since my boxes all have box protectors, I'd actually have to dig through two boxes to play a game if I kept the carts in there. And if that were the case, my lazy ass would prolly say "ah, fuck it" more often than not and I wouldn't even give the game in question a try.

The way I store my carts is horizontal, with sleeves. That way, there is no fussing around with removing or putting a game back with the others, I just grab the cart and go, and the empty sleeve "saves" it's place. And for games that didn't have sleeves to begin with (ie: Camerica games) I just use regular black non-Nintendo sleeves for them.

...now if only I had a digital camera, I wouldn't have to waste my time describing it...

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Jan 23, 2007 at 9:15:54 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
i like to keep mine seperate too. heres how i keep my carts. and then i have my boxes placed horizontally on shelves.

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Jan 24, 2007 at 3:20:15 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Looks good... except you appear too neat and tidy to be a game collector! I really like how clean it looks.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jan 24, 2007 at 5:10:02 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Edited: 02/05/2007 at 02:42 AM by wrldstrman

Jan 24, 2007 at 5:55:56 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
very impressive!!

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:37:43 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Hmm... not sure... I just tested uploading an image and it worked ok. What error are you getting?

-Dain

Edited: 01/27/2007 at 05:38 PM by Dain

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:46:41 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
After I hit attach file it keeps saying "Done but with errors on page" and won't attach!

I just posted a pic in "help wanted" thread so must have been temporary.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Edited: 01/27/2007 at 07:18 PM by Braveheart69

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:50:17 AM
Dougie_Murder (0)
(Dougie Murder) < Junior Member >
Ontario
Here is my collection....kinda small compared to Dain, NGD and lots of others, but im pretty proud of it i guess...and its growing all the time!!

Its funny, my collection always makes people's jaws drop when they walk into my apartment. If they saw some of your collections they would probly shit themselves.

There is 365 (for now ) and 25 of those are complete boxed games.

Other stuff on the shelf is a SNES (i only just got it so i only have 6 games) sega genisis and atari lynx...havent really tried to collect too much for those systems though...maybe someday.

Edited: 02/04/2007 at 12:58 AM by Dougie_Murder

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:36:20 PM
KoopaTroopa (1)
(Aaron Shope) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
Nice collection Dougie. Don't feel bad I got like 9 nes games. Just getting started, guess it takes time and money.

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:46:18 PM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Man, my collection PALES in comparison to everyone here, but it's not a horrible collection by any means, I think.

http://slydogstudios.org...

Edited: 02/05/2007 at 12:46 PM by Roth

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:02:01 PM
michiganfan2 (123)
(Mike Pitsch) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
OK.....I finally got off my lazy arse. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.michiganfan2.zoomshare.com/

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:13:42 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Looks very nice Mike!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:50:13 PM
WERY (0)
(Johan L) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
You will have to excuse me for the faded pics but...

I will see if I can improve the qualty of the pics

The Duce
Brother of Bros

My NES Collection
Goin' for a complete USA licensed collection on the NES

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:47:15 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Say Mike,

did you get that snow bros from me? Wrap is still on it but opened at the bottom?

The "customs destruction" copy that caused me to let out a blood curdling scream... was sealed and MINT until those pricks opened it. I still get emotional thinking about it, LOL.

Sweet collection pics!

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 02/06/2007 at 06:48 PM by Bronty

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:43:38 AM
Nintendonut1983 (26)
(Mark g) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Bronty

Say Mike,

did you get that snow bros from me? Wrap is still on it but opened at the bottom?

The "customs destruction" copy that caused me to let out a blood curdling scream... was sealed and MINT until those pricks opened it. I still get emotional thinking about it, LOL.[IMG][/IMG]

Sweet collection pics!

man that would of pissed me off. sorry to hear about that

NES Game Count: 151

WTB: Flintstones: Surprise at dino peak - cart only-

Edited: 02/11/2007 at 10:44 AM by Nintendonut1983

Feb 11, 2007 at 11:44:01 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
That happened to me not too long ago. I purchased 5 sealed games from a guy in Brazil and they arrived in complete shambles. The manuals were strewn about, bent, and even ripped. In fact, Side Pocket had the bottom of the box literally torn OFF to inspect the contents. Granted, they weren't really valuable, but it got my blood boiling. I contacted the seller who informed me that another buyer had the same thing happen and that he was willing to refund my money if I sent them back. I decided to keep them as my CIB copies since 4 of them still had mint boxes (opened at that point, but still mint). I can't figure out why they ripped one open, then carefully opened the other four?! Ah well, that's the last time I purchase sealed NTSC games from abroad.

-Dain

Edited: 02/11/2007 at 11:44 AM by Dain

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:27:57 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

That happened to me not too long ago. I purchased 5 sealed games from a guy in Brazil and they arrived in complete shambles. The manuals were strewn about, bent, and even ripped. In fact, Side Pocket had the bottom of the box literally torn OFF to inspect the contents. Granted, they weren't really valuable, but it got my blood boiling. I contacted the seller who informed me that another buyer had the same thing happen and that he was willing to refund my money if I sent them back. I decided to keep them as my CIB copies since 4 of them still had mint boxes (opened at that point, but still mint). I can't figure out why they ripped one open, then carefully opened the other four?! Ah well, that's the last time I purchase sealed NTSC games from abroad.

-Dain

I bought a game from that guy too. First he addressed in incorrectly and it got returned to him, then he sent it again... took like six weeks to arrive. And when it did, it arrived opened up with contents strewn everywhere too.

His story sounds kinda weak though because its the addressee's customs that inspect the games, not the addressor's. So what are the chances that canadian customs (for me) and US customs (for you) both happen to open the packages, along with everyone else's? I'm starting to think he had a stock of new but opened games from somewhere and sold 'em as sealed.

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:12:41 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Well doesn't that just suck? I knew it when I bid that I was likely making a mistake, which is why I didn't bid much. I guess my gut instinct was correct -- I should have followed it

Ah well, life goes on.

-Dain

Feb 15, 2007 at 7:46:13 PM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other
What is the name/nick of this brazilian guy? I remember buying a sealed Zelda 3 from a guy in Brazil and when i got it the box as crushed and the plastic was teared. Im sure it was due to the extreme bad packing tho, a thin paper envelope and 1 layer of thin bubblewrap. I dont remember if it even had bubble wrap or if it was just some plastic, but atleast it was bad protected. I got some money back tho

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:34:15 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jajaja

What is the name/nick of this brazilian guy? I remember buying a sealed Zelda 3 from a guy in Brazil and when i got it the box as crushed and the plastic was teared. Im sure it was due to the extreme bad packing tho, a thin paper envelope and 1 layer of thin bubblewrap. I dont remember if it even had bubble wrap or if it was just some plastic, but atleast it was bad protected. I got some money back tho

I believe that was a different clown altogether. I bought a sealed DKC2 from that guy. Got crushed also. Still sold it at a profit so I couldn't be too pissed, and his games were sealed at least. The guy Dain and I were talking about, his games showed up fully opened :/

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:04:24 PM
tynstar (33)
(Scott Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Some pics of my stuff can been seen here.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cg...tar&folder=Collection

I really need to update those. All the pics are of my complete library's other then the 2600.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:23:01 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
nice!

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:27:27 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Ditto, very nice! But where's the NES stuff?

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:48:42 PM
tynstar (33)
(Scott Williams) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Ditto, very nice! But where's the NES stuff?

There are a few NES systems in those pics.

I have almost two complete units files (like the shelf unit the Genesis games are on) of NES games. Like I said I need to update the pics becasue I just made 4 new shelving units.