Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My (Never Quite) Complete Mega Man Collection Warning: VERY Pic Heavy! — Latest additions: MM Production Artwork!

May 8, 2014 at 8:19:22 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: sumb2else

A few new EXTREMELY exciting additions:

Three large format slides of MM production artwork: Mega Man IV for for the Game Boy, the unreleased Wily Wars US cover, and a MMX3 magazine ad.  Also two medium format box art slides, MM5 and MMIII.  I'm super excited to have these in the collection since they really are unique!
Safe to say nobody else has 'em!    Ridiculously rare.   I hope you enjoy them as much as I did Ben!

For those wondering what they are, they are an in between step between the physical artwork and the production of the box.    So, the people at capcom used these prior to the release of the games in order to get the design of the boxes ready for production.    

They are basically the 'negatives' of the box artwork (except that they are 'positive' film not negative as there is no reversed color).
Big Congrats on the one of kind material pickup !!

Love that Megaman X3 ad image. It is even better than the game box art. 

May 8, 2014 at 10:53:18 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
Wow those are pretty bad ass. Ya, talk about your non run of the mill collectable.

Great pieces man

-------------------------
Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

May 8, 2014 at 11:09:12 PM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida

A few new EXTREMELY exciting additions:

Three large format slides of MM production artwork: Mega Man IV for for the Game Boy, the unreleased Wily Wars US cover, and a MMX3 magazine ad.  Also two medium format box art slides, MM5 and MMIII.  I'm super excited to have these in the collection since they really are unique!

Holy hell, were did you get a high quality image of that MMX3 ad!? I had no idea there was a full artwork image of it with with the magazine text. This would make a great poster.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

May 9, 2014 at 12:14:58 AM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Wow those are sweet! One of a kinds there!

May 9, 2014 at 12:30:18 AM
NintendoKid (0)
(Nick C.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Long Live, Blue Bomber !!!

May 9, 2014 at 11:20:45 AM
sumb2else (54)
(Ben M) < Crack Trooper >
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: Thunderblaze16

Holy hell, were did you get a high quality image of that MMX3 ad!? I had no idea there was a full artwork image of it with with the magazine text. This would make a great poster.

These are transparencies used in the production process of making the ad.  A printer would take the image created by these slides and overlay the text and other elements provided by the design team to put the overall ad together.  Honestly it's a little embarrassing cause I'm a designer, but for as long as i've been doing this we've used computers so i don't know exactly how the process works.  Long story short, it's a picture of the original painting that someone used to make the ad.  That's also why it's super high resolution.

The picture that i posted is just the slides on a lightbox that i took with my phone, so once you zoom in the quality isn't great.  My office has high res scanners but no slide scanners.  I totally agree that it would be awesome to get a high res version of just the artwork, so let me look into jerryrigging something up with an ipad as a backlight or something.

If i can come up with a nice big version of that image i'll definitely share!

May 9, 2014 at 11:26:19 AM
Jedi Master (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Norway
Sweet!

May 9, 2014 at 12:34:33 PM
Celtic (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Very impressive

May 12, 2014 at 10:32:50 AM
sumb2else (54)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: Thunderblaze16

So i couldn't get the scanner here working, but i was able to take a better picture with my phone of just that slide.  It's not high res enough to print out on a plotter or something, but at 8.5x11 or even 11x17 it should look great

It's 4.2 megs so i'm linking to it rather than embedding it!

Art_X3AdDetail.JPG

May 12, 2014 at 10:26:20 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
You did that with your phone? I am seriously in awe that you were able to capture that well. What am I doing wrong lol

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 12, 2014 at 10:26:49 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
And obviously - the image is kick ass! Congrats

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 13, 2014 at 10:15:47 AM
sumb2else (54)
District of Columbia
Thanks! Yeah, i did it with just my phone. The trick is to get the backlighting right, i used a lightbox at my office. I'll send you a PM with more of the details.

May 13, 2014 at 7:02:47 PM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other
That is an amazing collection indeed! A lot of games as well as a lot of merchandise.

I used to collect Mega Man/Rockman games mysekf. I still have all games and items, but i say "used to" because i havnt searched for any Mega Man/Rockman related stuff in a few years now.

May 14, 2014 at 9:12:31 AM
sumb2else (54)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: jajaja

That is an amazing collection indeed! A lot of games as well as a lot of merchandise.

I used to collect Mega Man/Rockman games mysekf. I still have all games and items, but i say "used to" because i havnt searched for any Mega Man/Rockman related stuff in a few years now.

If you're ever looking to unload anything, let me know!

(Plus you already know what i do and don't have)

May 14, 2014 at 10:21:20 AM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other

If you're ever looking to unload anything, let me know!

(Plus you already know what i do and don't have)

I think you have pretty much everything (and more) than what i have Especially on the merchendise side, there you have tons of stuff. I hardly have any merchendise in comparison. If i have something that you dont have, i probably have just one copy of it (meaning that i cant sell it at this time). But i'll try to keep it in mind if i ever decide to sell my collection.

If you're interested, here is my collection:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ninja...

This is about 6 years old, so i might have accuired some more stuff since then, but i believe these pictures shows at least about 95% of all that i have. I made this blog on Capcom-Unity.com back then since Capcom had a contest about the biggest Mega Man fans, and you could win a Mega Man 9 press kit. Unforunately i didnt win, but i have a accuired a Mega Man 9 press kit since then (i think i bought it from someone on Ebay if i remember correctly).

Edited: 05/14/2014 at 10:33 AM by jajaja

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:28:30 PM
johnjohnxz (0)

< Cherub >
This person's collection is more than you
only "ROCKMAN"
http://rockmanzero.pixnet.net/alb...