Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dust the Rust 100% CIB US SNES Collection 7 years later

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:42:35 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Is this the place... FINALLY?! 

Here's my story...

Back in 2001 I needed a new hobby (In 1992 I decided Baseball Cards got too crazy and/or expensive). Was already a big SNES fan and had a nice game collection (that I played )going. So I had this idea to try and get every SNES game CIB. At the time I started this project my main source just for a list of the games (Digital Press)I needed wasn't even finalized.

So eventually I go on ebay and see there is a lot more 'stuff' incuded in the games. So I thought to make things a lot more challenging to try and complete a 100% set (never mind that a complete game list still hadn't been established)  .

After appx. 4 years I finally did it (almost... WHEW!!)(No, the boxes aren't Mint ). I knew there was most likely one game I might be missing one or 2 pieces (Head-On Soccer). I didn't include DKCC, STARFOX or MBR/SR.

After all that time I still hadn't seen anywhere that someone had even attempted a 100% CIB collection so I had no way to check anything. So I thought I'd try and make a site to try and help others or see if anyone could verify anything. After scanning everything (WHEW!!) I got started on editing/cleaning the images. That didn't last long. BURNOUT. 

So after all these years I decide to try and give my 'site' thingy another try. I still have everything including my doubles, triples, sealed games and manuals. I'm sort of on a roll lately trying to edit the images I scanned many years ago.

I'm thinking of possibly donating some or all the images that I can to be useful somewhere. I would still like to try and get my site going eventually. I think I have all the HTML pages figured out ahead of time way back when (BTW, I know very little (and have forgotten what little I knew) HTML  . My site was intended to be purely images since I'm not much of a writer or want to be glued to my site as a moderator etc. I even have the Posters scanned full size at both 300 & 600 DPI. I only have the front and back pages of the Instructions scanned (wore out 2 scanners so maybe another time  ). 

I've got my game collection pretty much detailed out in a spread sheet that I haven't touched in a really long time  .

I also have (I think?) all the SNES strategy guides made as well as all the EGM magazines. Also GamePro and Nintendo Power up until 2008ish.

Also pretty much all of the main accessories made for the SNES 100% CIB and several variations.

The pics I'm including are my doubles, triples and sealed games. The CIB gamess are behind them . 

Where do I start? I'm an Indian not a Chief. 

Edited: 02/13/2014 at 07:55 PM by shortstop444

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:46:58 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Welcome to the site, I'm actually working on the same thing for the NES and I'm about halfway there (research wise, not collection!).

This is definitely the place to be for someone like you, welcome

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:53:40 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: shortstop444

Is this the place... FINALLY?! 

Here's my story...

Back in 2001 I needed a new hobby (In 1992 I decided Baseball Cards got too crazy and/or expensive). Was already a big SNES fan and had a nice game collection (that I played )going. So I had this idea to try and get every SNES game CIB. At the time I started this project my main source just for a list of the games (Digital Press)I needed wasn't even finalized.

So eventually I go on ebay and see there is a lot more 'stuff' incuded in the games. So I thought to make things a lot more challenging to try and complete a 100% set (never mind that a complete game list still hadn't been established)  .

After appx. 4 years I finally did it (almost... WHEW!!)(No, the boxes aren't Mint ). I knew there was most likely one game I might be missing one or 2 pieces (Head-On Soccer). I didn't include DKCC, STARFOX or MBR/SR.

After all that time I still hadn't seen anywhere that someone had even attempted a 100% CIB collection so I had no way to check anything. So I thought I'd try and make a site to try and help others or see if anyone could verify anything. After scanning everything (WHEW!!) I got started on editing/cleaning the images. That didn't last long. BURNOUT. 

So after all these years I decide to try and give my 'site' thingy another try. I still have everything including my doubles, triples, sealed games and manuals. I'm sort of on a roll lately trying to edit the images I scanned many years ago.

I'm thinking of possibly donating some or all the images that I can to be useful somewhere. I would still like to try and get my site going eventually. I think I have all the HTML pages figured out ahead of time way back when (BTW, I know very little (and have forgotten what little I knew) HTML  . My site was intended to be purely images since I'm not much of a writer or want to be glued to my site as a moderator etc. I even have the Posters scanned full size at both 300 & 600 DPI. I only have the front and back pages of the Instructions scanned (wore out 2 scanners so maybe another time  ). 

I've got my game collection pretty much detailed out in a spread sheet that I haven't touched in a really long time  .

I also have (I think?) all the SNES strategy guides made as well as all the EGM magazines. Also GamePro and Nintendo Power up until 2008ish.

Also pretty much all of the main accessories made for the SNES 100% CIB and several variations.

The pics I'm including are my doubles, triples and sealed games. The CIB gamess are behind them . 

Where do I start? I'm an Indian not a Chief. 

I also have (I think?) all the SNES strategy guides made as well as all the EGM magazines.

This part interests me as I am a big collector of the guides and have found a few that no one really knew about. I would love to see your list and compare it to the master list that is found on this site.

-------------------------

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:58:14 PM
Max Velocity (38)
< Kraid Killer >
Nova Scotia
That's quite an achievement. I myself am trying for a complete loose snes set. As for DKCC, StarFox Weekend and MBR/SR personally I consider them part of a complete snes set but that's an argument for another thread. Also welcome!

SNES - 660

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:58:56 PM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Sounds like you have a hell of a collection. I didn't see the pics but can't wait to. I'm still stuck collecting NES but someday I'd like to get into SNES. Probably cart only for me though. Welcome to the site my man. Sounds like you have a lot to add to the community.

Edited: 02/13/2014 at 06:59 PM by babywuchki

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:10:57 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Cool story and it's great that you completed your set before the prices skyrocketed.

Welcome to NA!

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:25:24 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
As for DKCC, StarFox Weekend and MBR/SR personally I consider them part of a complete snes set but that's an argument for another thread.

1) I don't collect cart only. At the time I started that was for wimps (no offense)  . A LOT has changed since 2001. WHEW!
2) Don't consider those 3 as 'official' games.
3) By the time I was done 2 of them never included boxes or instructions.
4) Wasn't about to pay $500 for a sealed MBR/SR just to open it. Could pretty much figure out what was inside.

Pics looked like they uploaded. Not sure what happened (files too big?) I'm also not seeing the smileys I tried to include. Hmmm

Need to find the strategy guide list on this site.

Edited: 02/13/2014 at 07:31 PM by shortstop444

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:40:50 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Yeah, the only game I payed more than $80 for was a Factory sealed 3 Ninjas (about 3 weeks later I got a CIB version)(I recently discovered my CIB is missing the Poster) and $250 for a 100% CIB Miracle Piano (yes it's got ALL the misl. documentation WOO HOO!!).

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:11:45 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

As for DKCC, StarFox Weekend and MBR/SR personally I consider them part of a complete snes set but that's an argument for another thread.

1) I don't collect cart only. At the time I started that was for wimps (no offense)  . A LOT has changed since 2001. WHEW!
4) Wasn't about to pay $500 for a sealed MBR/SR just to open it. Could pretty much figure out what was inside.

Pics looked like they uploaded. Not sure what happened (files too big?) I'm also not seeing the smileys I tried to include. Hmmm

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:53:33 PM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Nice stuff!
It seems like you are missing a few rares, but you have some good sealed games there.

Are those bottom rows all sealed

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:03:09 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
It's kind of funny to think you'd dump collecting baseball cards for SNES games because it was too expensive, if only you could have looked into the future eh?

Great story and collection.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:37:28 AM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

Nice stuff!
It seems like you are missing a few rares, but you have some good sealed games there.

The only reason why I bought Sealed games was because a lot of them were everywhere and got them before the CIB games I bought later on for much cheaper or in a game LOT that I won. So most of them I got less than $15. A few of them I did in fact buy twice and opened because I got them so cheap

One seller was selling a ton of brand new factory sealed sports games with a starting bid at 1¢. I ended up buying appx. 80 games just for the trays, baggies, Dust Caps and the wrappers that I carefully slipped off and back onto my keepers.

It was a time when Video stores were dumping SNES games on eBay. I had no references on the Internet and I had to ask what specifically was inside the box.

My sealed games are located in the 2 middle bookcases(4th row from the bottom) and the bottom 3 rows stopping at the N64 games you see. Everything else are my CIB doubles and triples. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:53:16 AM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: empire

It's kind of funny to think you'd dump collecting baseball cards for SNES games because it was too expensive, if only you could have looked into the future eh?

Great story and collection.
The cards I wanted would have been gotten from card shows and greedy dealers. I had everything from 1969 -1992. I would have had to go backwards. When the hobby exploded the collecting/trading became unfun.

Collecting Video games, especially SNES was a great change of pace. Eventually I burned out of that also. Still have a nice collection of Genesis, NES CIB games and a 100% CIB PS1 collection and most of the Strategy guides.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:05:08 AM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: doner24

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

Thanks. Found it. Where was this 5 years ago ?
I see several I don't have.
I can add a few pics that you're missing.
I found a couple I have that are not listed.

Edited: 02/14/2014 at 01:16 AM by shortstop444

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:28:37 AM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Welcome to the site, I'm actually working on the same thing for the NES and I'm about halfway there (research wise, not collection!).

This is definitely the place to be for someone like you, welcome
I started a CIB NES collection. After my efforts with my SNES collection I realized how much more difficult an NES set would be to complete. WHEW!! You are going to need some really deep pockets. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:41:17 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I have most of the big ones already.

In the "Super Expensive" category I still need...

Bonks Adventure, Sqoon, Wacky Races, Cowboy Kid, Tournament Fighters, Athletic World, Waynes World, Zombie Nation, Dragon Fighter, Rescue Rangers 2, Snow Brothers and of course Stadium Events.

Big list, but not bad considering the prices of Dino Peak, Little Samson, Donkey Kong Jr. Math and the rest of the Tito rares. My only problem is that I can't handle just CIB. I need all posters, warranty cards, Nintendo power inserts and warning documents too...I also throw in plastic baggies from cheaper games into my more expensive ones.

Definitely not a cheap hobby but it's cheaper than vintage comics and baseball cards.

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:05:45 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

Originally posted by: doner24

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

Thanks. Found it. Where was this 5 years ago ?
I see several I don't have.
I can add a few pics that you're missing.
I found a couple I have that are not listed.

Can you list and post pictures of the ones that aren't listed?

He has pics of the other ones listed, he just needs to upload them.

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:38:30 AM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Wow, cool story and awesome collection! Welcome to the site

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:58:39 AM

United States

Nice stuff!

The only reason why I bought Sealed games was because a lot of them were everywhere and got them before the CIB games I bought later on for much cheaper or in a game LOT that I won. So most of them I got less than $15. A few of them I did in fact buy twice and opened because I got them so cheap

One seller was selling a ton of brand new factory sealed sports games with a starting bid at 1¢. I ended up buying appx. 80 games just for the trays, baggies, Dust Caps and the wrappers that I carefully slipped off and back onto my keepers.

It was a time when Video stores were dumping SNES games on eBay. I had no references on the Internet and I had to ask what specifically was inside the box.

My sealed games are located in the 2 middle bookcases(4th row from the bottom) and the bottom 3 rows stopping at the N64 games you see. Everything else are my CIB doubles and triples. 

I see 2 Hagane's, 2 Ren & Stimpy Fire Dogs, and 2 Aero Fighters, so it looks like there may be sealed copy of each in there or is that just an extra Aero Fighters CIB?

Do you have Fun 'n Games, Ren & Stimpy Buckeroo$!, Rex Ronan or any of the 3 Latin soccer games (ISS, ISS Deluxe, Super Copa) ?

I don't see those.

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:33:40 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
So much awesome in these pictures. You should organize and sell the dupes (you got a lot there). Doesnt look like 100% but its pretty damn close. Welcome to NA!

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:46:23 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California

Nice stuff!

I see 2 Hagane's, 2 Ren & Stimpy Fire Dogs, and 2 Aero Fighters, so it looks like there may be sealed copy of each in there or is that just an extra Aero Fighters CIB?

Do you have Fun 'n Games, Ren & Stimpy Buckeroo$!, Rex Ronan or any of the 3 Latin soccer games (ISS, ISS Deluxe, Super Copa) ?

I don't see those.
Forgot to take pic of my extra Hagane but the box is 8/10, inst 8/10, cart 10/10 also includes tray, NP Ad and Warning bklt
Keepers:
Fun 'n Games - box 8/10, inst 8/10 (covers aren't glossy anymore), cart 1/10. Paperwork as shown. Note: I have an extra box only 7/10
Buckaroo$ - box 10-/10, all else 10/10
Rex Ronan - box 7+/10, inst 10-/10, cart 10/10. Paperwork as shown.

ISS Deluxe - cart only as shown. Bought this for the heck of it for appx. $10? Wasn't really on my want list along with ISS or Super Copa. By the time I stopped Super Copa was still a bit of a mystery.

Aerofighters - box 8/10, cart 8/10 (currently back label has 2 large tears)(no problem to swap a good one from another game )
Aerofighters - box 8/10, inst 5/10 (missing original cover ), cart 8/10 (currently back label has 2 small tears)(no problem to swap a good one from another game ) I tore off and threw away what was left of the wrapper you spotted. Note: This was bought while it was still re-sealed. The wrapper had some huge holes. Not even the seller knew what was going on with this item. All they or I could see was a badly sealed box. So I wound up explaining to the seller I was buying a beat up box that I really didn't need (which I didn't) I think this is the copy that I got the Poster for my keeper 

4 Sealed games:
Hagane - 10-/10
3 Ninjas - 9+/10
Fire Dogs - 10-/10 Note: Does anybody know if this game comes with a Poster? I don't have one in my CIB copy
Noah Ark 3D - 9+/10 Note: My CIB copy is without whatever keeps the cart from sliding around inside. What does it look like (please include pic)? 

Just because:
Big box Carmen San Diego Time - Sealed 10/10 also an extra copy I have showing what is inside.

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:02:59 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
What an incredible collection! One of the best intro threads I've seen!

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:21:43 PM

United States

Forgot to take pic of my extra Hagane but the box is 8/10, inst 8/10, cart 10/10 also includes tray, NP Ad and Warning bklt
Keepers:
Fun 'n Games - box 8/10, inst 8/10 (covers aren't glossy anymore), cart 1/10. Paperwork as shown. Note: I have an extra box only 7/10

ISS Deluxe - cart only as shown. Bought this for the heck of it for appx. $10? Wasn't really on my want list along with ISS or Super Copa. By the time I stopped Super Copa was still a bit of a mystery.

Aerofighters - box 8/10, cart 8/10 (currently back label has 2 large tears)(no problem to swap a good one from another game )
Aerofighters - box 8/10, inst 5/10 (missing original cover ), cart 8/10 (currently back label has 2 small tears)(no problem to swap a good one from another game ) I tore off and threw away what was left of the wrapper you spotted. Note: This was bought while it was still re-sealed. The wrapper had some huge holes. Not even the seller knew what was going on with this item. All they or I could see was a badly sealed box. So I wound up explaining to the seller I was buying a beat up box that I really didn't need (which I didn't) I think this is the copy that I got the Poster for my keeper 

4 Sealed games:
Hagane - 10-/10
3 Ninjas - 9+/10
Fire Dogs - 10-/10 Note: Does anybody know if this game comes with a Poster? I don't have one in my CIB copy
Noah Ark 3D - 9+/10 Note: My CIB copy is without whatever keeps the cart from sliding around inside. What does it look like (please include pic)? 

Just because:
Big box Carmen San Diego Time - Sealed 10/10 also an extra copy I have showing what is inside.

Thanks for the pics! Those are great!

So what are your plans with the collection now?

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:43:28 PM

United States

No poster with Fire Dogs. Here is a poster list that a few people were working on, if you didn't see it yet.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:54:30 PM
shortstop444 (12)

< El Ripper >
California

Keepers:

4 Sealed games:
Hagane - 10-/10
3 Ninjas - 9+/10

Just because:

Thanks for the pics! Those are great!

So what are your plans with the collection now?

First off I'm trying to get my site project online in a few months. It's going to be nothing but detailed pics of everything inside the boxes of my SNES collection. More or less had this idea when I first started collecting them. During that time to also kinda sorta make myself popular, get back on eBay and sell everything (at least my doubles and sealed games). The reason why I'd like to get a bit more popular is because I want to give as many people as possible a chance to actually BID on my stuff.

Edited: 02/14/2014 at 07:55 PM by shortstop444