Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So I completed a Wii set. My story, guide to Wii rares and Pics!

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:37:15 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I feel that's going to be the trend moving forward with most new stuff. How many of those short list PS4 games, Wii U games, etc. are basically maxed out instantly due to speculation and people trying to get ahead in collecting. Just look at the Wii U collection thread. Lots of talk about a system that's just finished its retail cycle. It'd be like having a NES hidden gems thread in 1995. To me it's kind of a bummer as it sucks the fun out of collecting pretty quick for me personally. Maybe some people enjoy the challenge, but watching retail games instantly become 'rare' overnight like Rio Games is ridiculous to me. One thing that saves the Wii from this would be the vast library, but I still believe it to 'max out' much faster than NES-GC.

-------------------------
Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:43:20 AM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:43:50 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Once again your collection makes me speechless.

So when you said unique games, did you mean Wii exclusives? I'm trying to go for exclusives for nearly every system but if there's 1,262 exclusive games...I think I might just pick up the "good" exclusives lol.

Nah, not exclusives.  Just all games that came out in North America.  I would picture most of them being exclusives, but haven't looked into actual numbers.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:44:22 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

What an awesome thread. Thank you for your research and for sharing.

My question is what about the situation of a listing being for multiple copies. For example, there are 4 listings for Burger Bot on eBay, but one of them is Deal Tavern with 71 new copies. Did that factor into your perceived rarity? If we're talking about availability as a prime consideration, that game will be available for quite awhile   Curious about your thoughts on this.
Ah, yep... that Deal Tavern.  You got me there, just an oversight on my part.  Had I saw the 71 copies it would have dropped off the list.  

Still an excellent, informative list, and I was happy to learn a few from you and get confirmation on some of my other ones that I thought were hard to find for me.  Thanks again for sharing all this.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:57:32 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Once again your collection makes me speechless.

So when you said unique games, did you mean Wii exclusives? I'm trying to go for exclusives for nearly every system but if there's 1,262 exclusive games...I think I might just pick up the "good" exclusives lol.

Nah, not exclusives.  Just all games that came out in North America.  I would picture most of them being exclusives, but haven't looked into actual numbers.

Man, what a great set. There have to be a tiny handful of collectors that exist out there with a 100% full Wii Set, and yours is probably the nicest-displayed out of all them. Huge congrats man, that wall is like a symbol and shrine to the Wii era with all that white.

P.S. I never thought anyone on Earth would hate the colour selection of New Super Mario Bros. Wii more than I do, but you must hate it more lol.

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:00:13 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

I feel that's going to be the trend moving forward with most new stuff. How many of those short list PS4 games, Wii U games, etc. are basically maxed out instantly due to speculation and people trying to get ahead in collecting. Just look at the Wii U collection thread. Lots of talk about a system that's just finished its retail cycle. It'd be like having a NES hidden gems thread in 1995. To me it's kind of a bummer as it sucks the fun out of collecting pretty quick for me personally. Maybe some people enjoy the challenge, but watching retail games instantly become 'rare' overnight like Rio Games is ridiculous to me. One thing that saves the Wii from this would be the vast library, but I still believe it to 'max out' much faster than NES-GC.

agreed. With how popular retro game collecting has become, everyone looks at it as something that should carry on indefinitely, and they'll try to get a head start on the newer stuff. But if the used market on modern games is nearly entirely speculative, there's no way those values will hold up. The earliest NES collectors started because they enjoyed doing it, and it meant something to them. Not because they figured they could make bank later.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:02:54 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Quazonk

P.S. I never thought anyone on Earth would hate the colour selection of New Super Mario Bros. Wii more than I do, but you must hate it more lol.

Lego Star Wars is the ugliest in my opinion. Since the majority is white cases, having a couple yellow just looks like it's supposed to be white but it got dirty

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:06:47 AM
Warbucks (5)
(Dan ) < Lolo Lord >
Florida
Congrats, your Wii collection looks amazing.
Is your next adventure the Wii U?

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:14:14 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

Originally posted by: Quazonk

Lego Star Wars is the ugliest in my opinion. Since the majority is white cases, having a couple yellow just looks like it's supposed to be white but it got dirty

Man Star Wars gets my first runner-up with one foot one the 1st-place podium. The only saving grace to those cover/cases is that the cases were white, so you knew you weren't just looking at a badly-weathered game. Either way, horrrrrible colour selection.

On the same note for the Wii U, what the hell were the Starfox Zero team thinking when deciding to make the cover of the game this slightly off-white, yellow/beige-ish colour? It looks ok and all, but in 10 years every Wii U collector is going to think that cover is discoloured with UV damage.

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:22:22 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: Warbucks

haha, at the rate he completed this I think he could have a Wii U set done by the end of the week  

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:41:29 AM
Milwaukee_Nintendo (17)
(Charles A) < Meka Chicken >
Wisconsin
Outstanding! I didn't expect anything less from such a "big name" collector like yourself! Cheers!

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:45:28 AM
BreaKBeatZ (59)
< Lolo Lord >
District of Columbia
Very nice! Were you on Metal Jesus's YouTube displaying this collection? There was a guy with a complete Wii collection in one of his videos and his setup looked a lot like yours.

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:46:56 AM
romevi (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Freaking crazy collection. Saw this on Reddit.  

"When you desire to play video games as much as you desire the air you breathe, then you will have the time to play video games."
- Socrates

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:08:13 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

Very nice! Were you on Metal Jesus's YouTube displaying this collection? There was a guy with a complete Wii collection in one of his videos and his setup looked a lot like yours.

I believe that's Kacydegamenerd mentioned in the second paragraph of the op

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:20:37 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I can't wait to complete my GB cart set, and I actually considered starting to go for a DS set because it's in the same "slump" I'd assume, as the Wii.

Your room is so neat. All of my games are neatly stacked in a big, but short, Amazon box. I want my actual setup to look like this in a couple of years. Grats on the journey! My only question now is, what's next?

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:26:58 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: rlh

I can't wait to complete my GB cart set, and I actually considered starting to go for a DS set because it's in the same "slump" I'd assume, as the Wii.

Your room is so neat. All of my games are neatly stacked in a big, but short, Amazon box. I want my actual setup to look like this in a couple of years. Grats on the journey! My only question now is, what's next?
Im not sure a GB cart set will take up quite as much space  Good luck if you want to go for DS, library is even larger than the wii

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:38:08 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

Im not sure a GB cart set will take up quite as much space  Good luck if you want to go for DS, library is even larger than the wii

Can't really get 'em at Gamestop like Wii games since they almost always throw out boxes. But I gotta appreciate the people who go for insane sets like these  

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:39:48 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Can't really get 'em at Gamestop like Wii games since they almost always throw out boxes. But I gotta appreciate the people who go for insane sets like these  

Where I'm at its the same deal with Wii, I was looking through the cheap bin and there may have been one game with a real case, the rest was that generic printed off crap. Its definitely going to get tougher as time goes on

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:00:44 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Congratulations Twizer! You beat me!  

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:29:58 PM
BreaKBeatZ (59)
< Lolo Lord >
District of Columbia
Any hidden gem suggestions? I have a list of about 100 Wii games that I want to own (I have about half of them now) but you probably know about some of the obscure but good games.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:29:58 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Does Guilty Gear Accent core xx control as poorly as the other Guilty Gear on the Wii?
I know this might seem off topic, but if it doesnt then its not only rare but a solid game as well.

Playas Guide Logo

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:58:37 PM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

(AJ Lewandoski) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Not to be a stickler, but it looks as if your copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy is missing the outer sleeve, so we're gonna have to call this collection MOSTLY complete   Seriously though congrats. I can't image the time it would take to put that together, and it looks fantastic!

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:14:16 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Maybe this has already been answered in the thread, but you state that you don't consider the Netflix disc as needed for completion. Later, the Netflix disc appears in your top 100 rare games. Are you just counting in that list as a rare item that goes along with the Wii even if it is not needed for a full set in your opinion?

Also, have you played them all yet?  

I had a big number of Wii games but then mine died and I kind of stopped caring. I really should pick up another one for Gamecube and to play my games again. I'd really love to play The Last Story.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:15:10 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Originally posted by: Warbucks

haha, at the rate he completed this I think he could have a Wii U set done by the end of the week  

Ha, 1/10th the library.  Sounds like a nice change.  I'll probably wait until prices drop down on the Wii U.  Maybe after the Switch has been out for awhile.  

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:16:23 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

The guy you are talking about is Kacydagamenerd.  He's a good guy, really great collection.  He helped me with my Wii masterlist.