Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

King of the Monsters 2 SNES Is this how it was factory sealed?

May 18, 2013 at 2:18:18 PM
CosmicBones (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
California
Here is an auction currently up for reference as I can't access my own copy for a long time. 

I happened to sell my KOTM2 many moons ago but it was returned to me because the buyer thought it had been resealed. My first mistake was sending it overseas (costly Registered mail) and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last time I sent anything internationally.

I did research on SNES factory seals, yet amazingly didn't find Nintendo Age even though this was in 2008. I was fairly confident with all the information from other sites/blogs that it was indeed factory sealed. However, there's always that small tinge of doubt as I didn't purchase this myself from a store (and even that has a small probability of being nontrustworthy, given people making switch returns).

If you look at the second photo of the auction, you will notice something different than on most SNES games; a little raised black sticker/box that says "Made In Japan." My copy had this and I don't know if it was something about Takara games but I'm pretty sure my Fatal Fury Special also had it. Another thing was the vertical seam has a slight bend to the left exactly like mine about 1 inch from the bottom. I'm pretty sure the meeting points of the vertical seam on the top/bottom sides also had that little plastic fold/flap like on NES games. I believe the deciding factor for the guy to return the copy I sold him was an extremely fine white line on the hinge of the box flap on the right side. I've heard that this always occurs after first opening a game but I didn't notice any  creasing which is almost impossible to avoid. There was no line on the left flap.

Any one have any experience dealing with this or Takara games? I don't know why anybody would have tried to fake a factory seal on a game such as this. And could a fine white line appear under a factory sealed game?