Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

***Work out all of the glitches in the collectors tool Updated for Dain to see and hopefully fix when able to.

May 23, 2014 at 1:42:52 AM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Over the past few days, there has been a thread on NA talking about all of the great collection tracking websites / tools out there, and I seem to be the only one who solely uses the NA collection tool.  Maybe this is a kick in the butt to get the bugs worked out and try to attract all of the naysayers to primarily use the NA program.

As a basic member of the site, I probably cant do much, but if I can help out in some way, please let me know mods...

Edited: 07/14/2014 at 12:55 AM by Silverspoon

May 26, 2014 at 12:46:27 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
No input from Admins or Mods on what to do about this problem?

May 26, 2014 at 12:50:46 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Is there a single list of the bugs that need to be figured out?

May 26, 2014 at 12:55:04 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I use the NA collection for ALL of my collections and have yet to see any bugs. The only one I have that is missing games is my homebrew collection, but that is expected. I really need to reread all of these threads people are talking about.

-------------------------
My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

May 26, 2014 at 5:33:42 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Benihana

I use the NA collection for ALL of my collections and have yet to see any bugs. The only one I have that is missing games is my homebrew collection, but that is expected. I really need to reread all of these threads people are talking about.

Right here... http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 26, 2014 at 5:34:25 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Is there a single list of the bugs that need to be figured out?

Thats a great idea.  Should be start a thread dedicated to pointing out bugs and treat it like the HOS thread?

May 26, 2014 at 5:40:36 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 26, 2014 at 9:10:00 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Thanks Christian.

I'm updating the database as much as possible. Never noticed any bugs but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Hopefully they get sorted out and when they do, you and others can give me new info to add. I want this to continue to be the best database site site around

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

May 26, 2014 at 9:58:57 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
As far as bugs go the only thing I have seem to notice is sometimes when I switch pages the very top entry gets changed or locked I can't remember which.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 26, 2014 at 10:16:27 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
One bug that drives me insane is when you try to add a duplicate title to a collection, sometimes it will add it as only having a cart you can check off, or just the instructions, or just the box etc.

May 27, 2014 at 10:00:36 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Justin please understand that mods and admins can't fix collection tool issues, only Dain can do that.

So it will take time.

If you could get as much information together as possible, with screenshots, information on what browser you are using, how you get the issue to occur etc together, it will make any type of troubleshooting/resolving the issue easier for Dain.

May 28, 2014 at 6:39:11 PM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Paul

Justin please understand that mods and admins can't fix collection tool issues, only Dain can do that.

So it will take time.

If you could get as much information together as possible, with screenshots, information on what browser you are using, how you get the issue to occur etc together, it will make any type of troubleshooting/resolving the issue easier for Dain.
Ok, Ill get to work on screenshots n so on to make it as easy on the boss as possible.  Thanks for the info!

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:48:17 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

Originally posted by: Paul

So it will take time.

Ok, Ill get to work on screenshots n so on to make it as easy on the boss as possible.  Thanks for the info!

I'd love to fix these bugs. Some of them I've been trying to reproduce for a few years now without luck. The biggest hurdle for me is steps for reproduction. If you can figure out a reliable way to reproduce any of these bugs and can send that to me (there's no such thing as too many details!), I'd love to try and squash them. Same goes for any other collection tool bugs.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:55:11 AM
Silverspoon (33)
Nebraska
Here is an example of the issue I run into on certain games. Off hand, I know that it happens on this Naruto title, and Animal Crossing on Gamecube.

I go to add a 2nd copy of a game. In this case, its this Naruto title for Gamecube. Notice I unchecked the "missing titles" box.

Then I choose the title I want to add a duplicate of.

This is the end result. You cant edit anything with a question mark, and you have to delete all of the entries for this title and add it again as a "missing title" to put the game you have had in the collection back.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:32:14 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Thanks! This has been fixed.

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:05:39 AM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I seem to be having issues sorting the collections by rarity. I have cleared cookies, and logged in and out, but the problem persists. Only started happening today. Am I the only one?