Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendoage 2011 Contest Presents: Kickmaster Ends next sunday at 9 PM central 10 PM NA time

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:35:44 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Hey guys!!!
This weeks game is Kickmaster!!!!
Hopes everyone has a safe 4th of july!!

Rules:
  • 1 life only
  • Pause the game to see your score
  • Participation: 5,000

Ends next Sunday at 9 PM central time 10 PM NA Time
YOUR WHOLE NAME MUST BE IN THE PICTURE FOR YOUR SCORE TO COUNT ALSO YOUR SCREEN MUST BE IN THE PICTURE AS WELL!!!!

Good luck everyone!
Jeremy

-------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:14:51 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina

Ooh, a really good one this week, and another like Batman that I'm really good at.

Hey, if any of us happen to make it through the game without dying, are we to just keep going once the game loops, like we did with Batman?

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:29:10 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Love this game perhaps Ill give your contest a go

Playas Guide Logo

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:43:51 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Oh no! A game I don't have...one of the few...o'well, maybe it will give me time to finish that no death run of contra I have been working on...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:28:51 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina

Damn...this is going to be tough, keep accidently pressing that stupid mode button on my controller when trying to press select. For this one I may have to change button locations. Gotta figure something out, keep dying on early stages, and this on a game I can beat without dying even on the hardest difficulty. This is when I really wish I had the cart. Tired of playing on emulator.

Okay, had no choice, had to reconfigure my buttons, but still playing rather sloppy. This one because of the diagonal usage for some moves is causing me to do moves that I don't want to do and getting hit all too often. I struggled to make it to level 6. Its going to be more frustrating playing this one than I first thought, but will do what I can with what I have. Anyway, first decent score in, though I know I can do much better.

Score upon 1st death 79,530

Update, higher score, one level further:

Score upon 1st death 96,910

Updated score again, see a later post further down page.

Edited: 06/30/2011 at 01:38 AM by Miss Clawful

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:33:47 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
 Hell effin YES! Didn't have time this Sunday for Qix since I had a show in Hollywood to go to but this one isn't going to slip me by. This is one of my favorite titles for the NES and I've actually beaten this one with no deaths before. I'm sure I can do it again.

All I have to say is the knee thrust is your best friend 

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Edited: 06/28/2011 at 02:34 AM by acomicbookguyc

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:17:01 AM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
This is my first go around playing this game, never had it as a kid. Enjoying the hell out of it, only about 8,600 so far midway through the 2nd level is my best, I think I can do way better.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:59:06 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Miss Clawful

Hey, if any of us happen to make it through the game without dying, are we to just keep going once the game loops, like we did with Batman?

I played it a bit, and I think we'd be just good with going through only once.

Does it get harder when you loop it?

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:51:50 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina
Yes, it gets harder. I've looped the game 4 times ever and each time enemies take an extra hit. You get three different endings for the first three times through, but while the fourth time is harder than the third, no change to ending. Don't know if it continues to get harder after the 4th game, never bothered to play it beyond that point. But I think, like we did with Batman, and Super C, looping should definitely be in. I think several people here can pull off some really awesome scores for this one, if I had it on the NES I certainly could.

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:48:20 AM
suicidalparrot (126)
(matt s) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Damn...this is going to be tough, keep accidently pressing that stupid mode button on my controller when trying to press select.

I have that same issue with that damn controller. It's the one thing I do not like about it.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:08:48 AM
knightriderce (115)
(I am Groot ) < El Ripper >
Minnesota
I played for a while last night and kept dying on the second boss. I didn't quite crack 20k so I'm going to keep trying. Great game though. Nice work Miss Clawful, I'm chasing your score.

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:48:45 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

Yes, it gets harder. I've looped the game 4 times ever and each time enemies take an extra hit. You get three different endings for the first three times through, but while the fourth time is harder than the third, no change to ending. Don't know if it continues to get harder after the 4th game, never bothered to play it beyond that point. But I think, like we did with Batman, and Super C, looping should definitely be in. I think several people here can pull off some really awesome scores for this one, if I had it on the NES I certainly could.

Okay, we'll play Kick Master with looping, cause it is definitely appropriated.

Honestly, Batman and Super C were different stories.

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:05:08 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina

What is good about looping, because it allows those that are really good at it to keep going even after the game ended until they finally lose their first life, and afterall, it is a one life rule, why should they stop playing just because they reached the ending without dying, if you only play to the end of the game, kind of cuts it short if you never died. Obviously many games do come to a complete end at the end, but hey, if they are open to looping I love it for these kind of contests.

I enjoyed Batman for the reason that I could keep going until I lost my first life, and finding out after all those years playing this game that it did in fact loop, I was estatic, it was a shame that the difficulty didn't increase though, so replaying by way of looping would only be good for contests such as this, but it did allow me to get in some major practice and perfect my gaming skill on it., In the case of Super C because there was no 1 life rule, because it wasn't really possible for that one being as how the score was shown, I just got too tired to go on any further, that one was a bit crazy, if you were halfway decent at the game and had enough stamina you could pretty much go on until the score is maxed out, even though the game did get increasingly harder each time, but it was still enjoyable.

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:36:48 AM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina

Update to score. But dammit, still accidently killing myself. Duck kicked an enemy, or at least meant to, but instead did a slide kick off of a ledge. Stupid d-pad is too wobbly, slight diagonal press and its over with, still surprises me how I even managed to play some of the other games I did pretty well on recently. Need to stay away from ducking and attacking when bottomless pits are nearby to be on the safe side.

Score upon 1st death 113,220

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:12:17 PM
knightriderce (115)
(I am Groot ) < El Ripper >
Minnesota
Hard to see but its my last attempt before I leave for the long weekend.

Jul 1, 2011 at 10:17:07 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California
Alright I gave this one a go since I didn't work today and I did pretty good. I'll admit that this one is kind of difficult to beat and try to get a high score since the only way to get points is through the enemy drops. But you can't beat the game without leveling up so you have to try and manage to get both as much as possible. Well I beat the game once without dying and looped it once more and I died towards the end(stupid ninja slide). I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and see if I can beat it three times without dying.

Question: Can I use my comic book guy figure as my name or should I keep adding my name in the pictures?

Updated high score below!

Edited: 07/03/2011 at 06:24 PM by acomicbookguyc

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:28:18 PM
UPN (0)

< Little Mac >
United States

I suck at this game

Jul 2, 2011 at 10:32:31 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina

I haven't beeb able to put anymore time aside for this one, doesn't help I'm using time for playing the game with me cross-stitching a piece for it. Also too worn out from work to really have the energy to play well. But Sundays store closes early, so I might have a couple hours left to work on getting a better score, so maybe I'll be able to get in one more game of this tomorrow, if I'm up for it.

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:15:11 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California
So I beat the game three times without death and I'm just going to call it quits there. I don't want my computer blowing up this time lol. Only real difference I noticed in difficulty was the enemies took one extra hit. The Knee Drop really is the ultimate move if you want to bea this game. The last boss is a breeze once you get the right motion going. I really enjoyed this. 

NEW HIGH SCORE = 377,660

Edited: 07/03/2011 at 06:18 PM by acomicbookguyc

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:24:50 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina

Actually the best way to beat Belzed is with the Quake magic, which stuns her, just back her into a corner, kick away at her, and when she's about to break out of your magic's hold over her, quake her again and continue kicking the crap out of her.

Awesome score by the way. I'm not going to be able to make it to get in another score, its already getting too late, just got home from work, took a shower, put clothes in the washer, getting ready to get something to eat, and I'm really too tired anyway to play anything to be able to even do good enough at it.

Edited: 07/03/2011 at 08:29 PM by Miss Clawful

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:45:15 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:54:01 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
California

Actually the best way to beat Belzed is with the Quake magic, which stuns her, just back her into a corner, kick away at her, and when she's about to break out of your magic's hold over her, quake her again and continue kicking the crap out of her.

Awesome score by the way. I'm not going to be able to make it to get in another score, its already getting too late, just got home from work, took a shower, put clothes in the washer, getting ready to get something to eat, and I'm really too tired anyway to play anything to be able to even do good enough at it.

Yea I didn't mean I Knee Dropped Belzed as you would get hit every time trying to do that. I noticed if you stay below level one and don't go through without leveling up once you can beat her with the up kick. She gets frozen with the first hit and you continue. 

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:09:05 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
North Carolina

Yeah, knee drop is pretty much good for everything, and what's great is that its an earlier learned move. One I don't care for is the blazing flip kick, doesn't work too well for a later attack.

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:36:09 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Hardly had time for this game this week.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 07/03/2011 at 09:36 PM by bimmy_lee

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:58:00 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

I wish I could loop that damn game before the end of the week, but I kept dying in random holes, which is very frustrating.

However, if it wasn't of my girlfriend yelling at me when I was trying to pass the last level, I think I would have been able to beat it, or at the least, top Megan's score. But I just can't blame the girl for trying to get my hands off that Nes controller and do something more constructive.

Also, that's a fine game that I never played before.