Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Got another GB game + manual off ebay for my collection Frowny face

Jan 15 at 12:22:05 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona

It's a pretty good bend. Trying to flatten it out. Any tips? My instinct is "bend it the other way" but obviously that doesn't work.

Jan 15 at 12:23:09 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
That sucks. Was it pictured non-bent?

Jan 15 at 1:05:46 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Comic press

Jan 15 at 1:11:48 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

That sucks. Was it pictured non-bent?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/254056466...

Jan 15 at 1:45:11 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Yeah that's the one. I thought it didn't look too bad in the pictures, but now it's freshly re-bent and has a lot of pages.

Jan 15 at 1:49:46 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Talk about being bent out of shape.

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 15 at 2:10:27 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Splain

Yeah that's the one. I thought it didn't look too bad in the pictures, but now it's freshly re-bent and has a lot of pages.

Yeah. From what I can tell, the seller doesn't specialize in games and probably didn't think twice about doing that.

[edit]
Scratch that. Recent feedback shows they sell a lot of games. It's time they start doing it correctly.

Edited: 01/15/2019 at 02:14 PM by Ichinisan

Jan 15 at 2:45:37 PM
A2600 (17)
(Letter Carrier) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Maybe leave it under some heavy books for a bit?

Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Jan 15 at 3:31:31 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Yep it's under a book for now. I don't want to dampen it or iron it, and it's not like I'm in a huge hurry to have it flat, so I might put it in a book and shove it under the mattress for a while. There's really no crease, just sharp bends on the back cover. Might as well look around for a person/place with a comic press in the meantime. Thanks y'all.

Jan 15 at 4:51:48 PM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
an iron on the lowest setting for hours or days with some weight on top of it will help. thats what i do.

Edited: 01/15/2019 at 04:52 PM by Nes Freak

Jan 15 at 8:56:23 PM
Beabull (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nice, keep pluggin and chuggin at that collection!

Jan 15 at 9:15:02 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Issuing a nice hearty partial refund will hopefully help that seller to not do that again.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 16 at 6:17:27 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
This stuff always agrevates me with sellers on eBay. These sellers have no problem targeting the collectors market with the items they sell but once sold lack the same commitment. Recently bought a large Nintendo sign and it came completely disassembled and broken. Another seller sold a Gameboy CIB that was near mint. The box is rather hard to come by being a variant. Made a note to the seller which I usually do with items that I'm willing to pay additional money towards shipping and materials. That the item is going to be added to my collection. Box shows up tightly packed in a box but the kick in the teeth was the clear packing tape used to tape the actual console box closed! Messaged the seller and they felt that it was the best option to keep from anything falling out. Sucks getting jammed up like this. Try for a partial refund but it's very common sellers now take the stand of not offering one and requesting the return.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jan 16 at 6:21:42 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: JaxsBox

This stuff always agrevates me with sellers on eBay. These sellers have no problem targeting the collectors market with the items they sell but once sold lack the same commitment. Recently bought a large Nintendo sign and it came completely disassembled and broken. Another seller sold a Gameboy CIB that was near mint. The box is rather hard to come by being a variant. Made a note to the seller which I usually do with items that I'm willing to pay additional money towards shipping and materials. That the item is going to be added to my collection. Box shows up tightly packed in a box but the kick in the teeth was the clear packing tape used to tape the actual console box closed! Messaged the seller and they felt that it was the best option to keep from anything falling out. Sucks getting jammed up like this. Try for a partial refund but it's very common sellers now take the stand of not offering one and requesting the return.
Curious to know more about the sign mishap.

Jan 16 at 7:03:49 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina

When i buy big ticket items I, too, message the seller and basically offer to even send additional funds for better packing.  I make an extra special effort if it’s a seller that doesn’t sell a lot of games and seems to just sell off estate items.  Your story worries me still.  There’s not much of a greater nightmare to a collector than finding a very rare item and then having it foolishly and intentionlly damaged by the negligence of the seller.  In fact, I’d rather receive an item damaged by the PO, simply because we all know that’s always a low risk craps shoot, but the sellers you have to trust.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Edited: 01/16/2019 at 07:04 AM by rlh

Jan 16 at 9:48:13 AM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas

Reminds me of my CIB Virtual Boy that the seller brought to the UPS store for packaging :')

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Fonfc...

Jan 16 at 12:01:44 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
It was already folded from the look of it, though I think it shouldn't have been folded back up even tighter for shipping like that too. You kind of have to realize with ebay unless you're buying from a collector don't expect collector OCD treatment in return. Unless what they did by ebays terms actually degraded the quality of the item from one tier to the next it's almost hard to argue some fault here to accept a partial refund. Either suck it up or return it. I'm not saying they are right doing that dumb rubber band job on the manual to the game case, but that's in the past now.

Jan 16 at 12:04:27 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: rlh

When i buy big ticket items I, too, message the seller and basically offer to even send additional funds for better packing.  I make an extra special effort if it’s a seller that doesn’t sell a lot of games and seems to just sell off estate items.  Your story worries me still.  There’s not much of a greater nightmare to a collector than finding a very rare item and then having it foolishly and intentionlly damaged by the negligence of the seller.  In fact, I’d rather receive an item damaged by the PO, simply because we all know that’s always a low risk craps shoot, but the sellers you have to trust.

Seem like the seller thought he was funny with having done what he did and then saying it was to keep anything from falling out. The box he packaged it in was very tightly fit to the Gameboy box which gave it next to no room to move. So there was no way something could have fallen out. The worse part about the tape on the box is it's not the first time it has happened or even third, forth, fifth time. Seen it before where people taped to the box for starting bubble wrap, taping seller invoice to them, even simple things like ID tags for auction reference. Speaking of which one time won a CIB NES game in which the seller wrote the item number on the tab of the box. When taking the box apart to check the contents it caught my eye and sent the seller a message. They found nothing wrong with it and mentioned they had been doing it on other listings they had up. Felt bad for the guy who won his copy of Metal Strom.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Edited: 01/16/2019 at 12:05 PM by JaxsBox

Jan 16 at 12:07:56 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Jaxs, that story kills me. I mean, I feel bad for the Magic Piano guy who had the item shipped in the original box, wrapped in priority tape, but that sellers just being a sneaky jerk. I've got to stop following this topic. It's making me start to feel "lucky" that I've not had to many bad hiccups with online sellers. The worst I've seen are seller stickers on the backs of carts, over backside labels, but they tend to have those pictured with the listing and a heat gun had worked well in taking care of that nonsense.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~