Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Oct 3, 2017 at 1:30:31 PM
abandoned_account (6)

< Crack Trooper >
Alaska
There's a new yard saler in Baltimore that's seriously cramping my style. This past weekend I showed up a sale advertising PS2 games and there was a box filled with sealed Shin Megami Tensei games. I asked about it and they said it was already promised to someone, and then the other guy strolls up and makes a deal for it. To top it off, I had specifically texted to ask about the games and they wouldn't give me any information about it either way. I hate this guy. I hate him so much.

-------------------------
This account has been abandoned.

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:47:56 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
10/3/2017 - Went to a Goodwill close to my work on my lunch with a 25% off coupon.  Found a Wii game that I've been looking for in the wild for years for a great price:

https://imgur.com/bSuiSyH...

....and then I opened it:

https://imgur.com/Ry6Fq2q...

It had a disc for Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.  Womp womp.  I still ended up buying it.  If anyone has a disc only of Ultimate Shooting Collection, I would be willing to buy/trade it!

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Edited: 10/04/2017 at 02:48 PM by LutherDestroysTheGond

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:01:07 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Loosers Weepers has been awfully quiet...dunno if everyone has been a winner since October or things are that dry out there.  

I'll get this thread rolling again with an anecdote from the other day. I stopped at my local Savers and noticed a small assortment of SNES and N64 carts behind the jewelry counter. I took a look at the carts; they were pretty much sports and common carts. The lady behind the counter mentioned to me that they were part of two big system bundles earlier in the day. A guy came in before me and complained up to the manager until they relented and let him cherry pick the best stuff.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:33:45 AM
Meteor_of_War (21)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Loosers Weepers has been awfully quiet...dunno if everyone has been a winner since October or things are that dry out there.  

I'll get this thread rolling again with an anecdote from the other day. I stopped at my local Savers and noticed a small assortment of SNES and N64 carts behind the jewelry counter. I took a look at the carts; they were pretty much sports and common carts. The lady behind the counter mentioned to me that they were part of two big system bundles earlier in the day. A guy came in before me and complained up to the manager until they relented and let him cherry pick the best stuff.

Hmm, wouldn't it be kind of odd for them to be selling it all as a bundle anyways?

Usually they always sell the games individually.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:48:37 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Meteor_of_War

Hmm, wouldn't it be kind of odd for them to be selling it all as a bundle anyways? Usually they always sell the games individually.

My local store has been bundling retro systems with games and pricing at eBay prices.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:57:07 AM
Now get brutal (32)
(Adam ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Stopped into a pawn shop on a whim this week. Stumbled upon a few dual shock 3 controllers and a few Gamecube items that did not have prices. I approached the counter with the items and inquired on the price. First thing the lady does is jumps on eBay and begins reading off live BIN prices.

Um, yeah, no thanks. Left it all there.

Nintendo 64 cart only collection 296/296. Completed 2/4/17.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:13:06 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Saw some NES games behind the counter at the local thrift store. Asked to see them. I was chatting with the guy and I asked him if there were any more games.

He said "Yeah, I sold one already"

And (because I like to torture myself) I was like "Oh... do you remember the name of it?"

He responds with "Slippy, Samson, Samsonite... yeah, that's it. Samsonite."

And I'm like "Little Samson?"

He's like "yup! That's it!"  

Ps. This story is true... except the Little Samson part   The game in question was SMB2.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 12/28/2017 at 12:14 PM by AirVillain

Jan 2, 2018 at 11:32:48 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Saw some NES games behind the counter at the local thrift store. Asked to see them. I was chatting with the guy and I asked him if there were any more games.

He said "Yeah, I sold one already"

And (because I like to torture myself) I was like "Oh... do you remember the name of it?"

He responds with "Slippy, Samson, Samsonite... yeah, that's it. Samsonite."

And I'm like "Little Samson?"

He's like "yup! That's it!"  

Ps. This story is true... except the Little Samson part   The game in question was SMB2.

Store CCTV caught the whole exchange:

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:25:05 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

Store CCTV caught the whole exchange:

Haha, perfect. Glad that the man was watching.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:32:51 AM
sirdizzy (1)
< Little Mac >
I have 2 one was me more being scammed than losers weepers.

I wanted to increase my collection but was tired of seeing really common games that were basically crap sports games for $5. So I posted in a facebook buy and sell group anyone willing to sell a huge lot of games really common crap games like rbi baseball, jack nicklaus golf stuff like that for $1-2 a game. Had a guy offer me 120 common games for $100 but me being wary I asked if we could do half that 60 games for $50 (someone else bought the other 50 and he scammed them too). Guy is real nice we are having a good convo going back and forth about gaming then all of a sudden he blocks me like 3 days after I sent the money. I of course never saw the games and paypal refused my claim to get my money back.

The other happened last Friday night log into marketplace in the morning see someone selling a n64 with 4 controllers and mario kart and donkey kong 64 for $20 I instantly messaged them with zero hope as the ad was 9 hours old and all I wanted was the mario kart and the rest I was going to flip because $20 was less than what it would cost for me to get just mario kart. Of course right after I message them I get a message back the item is sold.

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:08:31 PM
Meteor_of_War (21)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Bad loser's weepers for me tonight.  

Since Saturday was talking to this guy on FB who wanted to sell an NES with 30 loose games, a Sega Genesis with 4 CIB games, Wii console with 2 wiimotes and 2 classic controllers + 1 game, and a PS3 slim with 5 games. All for $200. The NES games were really good and alone totaled about $220 in value.

I first contacted him on Saturday and he's been very slow to respond, figuring he doesn't use messenger on his phone since he only seems to respond at night when he's home. Finally tonight he gets back to me with his address and says he's ready to meet. I get ready to head over there, stop at the bank to take out cash, and I'm off. About half way there he messages me saying sorry he can't sell it because his kids freaked out when he took everything out to get it ready. Unbelievable. Had a feeling it wasn't going to work out.

Winters usually suck for game pickups but this one has been especially terrible. I'm due for something big soon i swear it.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:32:42 AM
Porksta (105)
(Travis Wilson) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Now get brutal

Stopped into a pawn shop on a whim this week. Stumbled upon a few dual shock 3 controllers and a few Gamecube items that did not have prices. I approached the counter with the items and inquired on the price. First thing the lady does is jumps on eBay and begins reading off live BIN prices.

I was in a pawn shop in Texas many years ago.  All their 360 games in the case were listed as $10 a game.  Well, I saw Mass Effect 2 (maybe 3?) LE behind the case against the wall.  Asked them how much, expecting them to say $10.  They reply "I'll be right back" and step into the office.  So I sit there and wait.  My mom comes over and asks me if I am ready to go.  I tell her I am just waiting for this employee so I can tell them no.  They came back and said $50.  I said no and left.

I just wish stores wouldn't put items out without prices.  Use eBay before selling it.  My local game store wraps all their games and sticks a barcode on them.  To know how much it is you have to take the game to one of their kiosks and scan it to look it up on their website.  Prevents any impulse purchases, but I guess it is good at preventing people from buying old games that have suddenly jumped in value and have not been repriced.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:51:47 AM
Now get brutal (32)
(Adam ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Porksta

I was in a pawn shop in Texas many years ago.  All their 360 games in the case were listed as $10 a game.  Well, I saw Mass Effect 2 (maybe 3?) LE behind the case against the wall.  Asked them how much, expecting them to say $10.  They reply "I'll be right back" and step into the office.  So I sit there and wait.  My mom comes over and asks me if I am ready to go.  I tell her I am just waiting for this employee so I can tell them no.  They came back and said $50.  I said no and left.

I just wish stores wouldn't put items out without prices.  Use eBay before selling it.  My local game store wraps all their games and sticks a barcode on them.  To know how much it is you have to take the game to one of their kiosks and scan it to look it up on their website.  Prevents any impulse purchases, but I guess it is good at preventing people from buying old games that have suddenly jumped in value and have not been repriced.

That would drive me CRAZY. 

Nintendo 64 cart only collection 296/296. Completed 2/4/17.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:59:10 AM
Porksta (105)
Virginia
Yup. I think most of their sales are done online so it isn't that big a deal, but I will walk the floor and see something I am interested in, but not interested enough to take to the computer to look up.

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:04:16 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Yup. I think most of their sales are done online so it isn't that big a deal, but I will walk the floor and see something I am interested in, but not interested enough to take to the computer to look up.
And the big kick in the dick is that it's the SAME PRICE instore as online, even though they offer free shipping online.

They should give some type of small discount for in store purchases.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:28:37 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee

Hey, it's better than one chain local to me which prices all of their stuff with barcoded labels WITH PRICES printed on them, but actively updates what prices the system reads the barcodes as...but not the labels.  I stopped bothering to go there after too many bouts of sticker shock at the register.  They use the barcodes and such as a means to do inventory control and know what they have in what location, so it doesn't make sense to me why they never update any of the labels at any of their locations.  Finding common but good low tier Genesis stuff for $3-5 is great, but not when those suddenly jump to $8-20 each at checkout.

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: Porksta

And the big kick in the dick is that it's the SAME PRICE instore as online, even though they offer free shipping online.

Buy in-store then make them ship it to your house, out of spite?   

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Edited: 01/09/2018 at 04:29 PM by darkchylde28

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:58:42 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: darkchylde28

Hey, it's better than one chain local to me which prices all of their stuff with barcoded labels WITH PRICES printed on them, but actively updates what prices the system reads the barcodes as...but not the labels.  I stopped bothering to go there after too many bouts of sticker shock at the register.  They use the barcodes and such as a means to do inventory control and know what they have in what location, so it doesn't make sense to me why they never update any of the labels at any of their locations.  Finding common but good low tier Genesis stuff for $3-5 is great, but not when those suddenly jump to $8-20 each at checkout.

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: Porksta

Buy in-store then make them ship it to your house, out of spite?   

Depending on how your state works, they can get into some deep shit for having one price on a sticker and then trying to charge you a higher price at the register.

And I did end up buying them online after so I didn't have to worry about extra games in my luggage (and slightly out of spite).   I did make sure to buy the red label Blades of Steel while I was there though.

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:13:50 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

My local game store wraps all their games and sticks a barcode on them.  To know how much it is you have to take the game to one of their kiosks and scan it to look it up on their website.  Prevents any impulse purchases, but I guess it is good at preventing people from buying old games that have suddenly jumped in value and have not been repriced.

eStarland?

Jan 10, 2018 at 5:34:26 PM
Porksta (105)
Virginia
Yup.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:45:22 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

And I did end up buying them online after so I didn't have to worry about extra games in my luggage (and slightly out of spite).   I did make sure to buy the red label Blades of Steel while I was there though.

Good call on Blades of Steel!  The one that I've got is the only one that I've ever seen (outside of eBay) and was found at a random, dirty flea market booth that had exactly zero to do with video games, old toys, etc.  At the time I picked it up, it wasn't showing up on any lists anywhere so I was shocked to see another variant of it randomly.  Do you know if the manual and/or box were any different from the original?  I've seen other examples of the cart online but never any different manuals.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:16:04 PM
nusilver (20)
(Michael ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Hard to tell if these carts are all legit, but if they are, someone got a steal. The seller tells me he buys and sells storage locker stuff and that he had no idea if they were real or not. Hmm. If they're all legit, I missed out on the find of the year(s?). I check this damn app every day but yesterday I was working on getting an early copy of a film on UHD Blu-ray and just missed this being posted.

(27 games, $200, including Hagane, P&R2, and a bunch of sports and other commons)
https://item.mercari.com/gl/m9534...

(31 games, $210, a really decent lot overall... ... and Mega Man 7 and Earthbound.)
https://item.mercari.com/gl/m2863...

Edited: 01/12/2018 at 07:34 PM by nusilver

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:50:20 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee

Good call on Blades of Steel!  The one that I've got is the only one that I've ever seen (outside of eBay) and was found at a random, dirty flea market booth that had exactly zero to do with video games, old toys, etc.  At the time I picked it up, it wasn't showing up on any lists anywhere so I was shocked to see another variant of it randomly.  Do you know if the manual and/or box were any different from the original?  I've seen other examples of the cart online but never any different manuals.

IIRC the box is different, not the manual.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:07:24 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: nusilver

Hard to tell if these carts are all legit, but if they are, someone got a steal. The seller tells me he buys and sells storage locker stuff and that he had no idea if they were real or not. Hmm. If they're all legit, I missed out on the find of the year(s?). I check this damn app every day but yesterday I was working on getting an early copy of a film on UHD Blu-ray and just missed this being posted.

(27 games, $200, including Hagane, P&R2, and a bunch of sports and other commons)
https://item.mercari.com/gl/m95343999160/

(31 games, $210, a really decent lot overall... ... and Mega Man 7 and Earthbound.)
https://item.mercari.com/gl/m28634180590/

Definitely a fake Hagane at least

Lots of commons and then the few uncommons also happen to be amongst the most valuable games on the system?  All BS, that seller knows exactly what he is doing

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 01/15/2018 at 04:09 PM by Brock Landers

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:17:52 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: the tall guy

IIRC the box is different, not the manual.

The correct manual has the circle T on it.

EDIT:  Like this one  https://www.ebay.com/itm/29239867...

Edited: 01/15/2018 at 04:19 PM by captmorgandrinker

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:53:44 PM
PekoponGB (16)
(Brian ) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
This morning I lost an auction for a boxed X-Men Reign of Apocalypse for GBA. Was kind of shocked since I put a pretty high maximum bid on it. Guess it's back to waiting for another one to pop up. : (

"Do Not Give Energy to the Life Core!"