Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How Many Game Boy Games Can NA Beat in 2017? 152/502 Completed! Last Completed: Indiana Jones and the last crusade

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:19:56 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Tetris Attack!

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:39:36 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Tetris Blast!

Here's how I'd define this one as beaten:
Loops after level 50 (contest mode). Also complete Fight mode.

For Tetris Attack I'd say:
Beat Vs. Com mode on Hard difficulty (there's no Bowser fight on normal difficulty)

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:18:01 PM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
I've been mostly playing Game Boy Color so far this year and there doesn't seem to be a thread for that system yet, but in the meantime I do have a few original Game Boy games to add. 

1. Solar Striker

2. Street Fighter II

3. Mortal Kombat II 

(No picture for this one since it was really early in the morning and I didn't think to grab the camera at the time)

Edited: 01/11/2017 at 02:22 PM by Jin

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:07:15 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Jin

I've been mostly playing Game Boy Color so far this year and there doesn't seem to be a thread for that system yet, but in the meantime I do have a few original Game Boy games to add. 

1. Solar Striker

2. Street Fighter II

3. Mortal Kombat II 

(No picture for this one since it was really early in the morning and I didn't think to grab the camera at the time)

Is that a custom Gameboy Color?  I've never seen a purple GBC with lavender/pink buttons.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:03:34 PM
captainolimar (41)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Yeah those are custom color buttons, super cheap and a pretty easy swap!

also updated 

@ Jin yeah I did a game for the GBC one last year and it was the last game, the thread was never updated so mine never got counted. I would start it but I really don't want to run two threads maybe next year... 

Edited: 01/11/2017 at 10:18 PM by captainolimar

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:50:28 AM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Yoshi

Is that a custom Gameboy Color?  I've never seen a purple GBC with lavender/pink buttons.

It is!   A couple years back I bought a new in box grape colored Game Boy Color on eBay then fitted it with a pastel purple D-Pad, hot pink A & B buttons, and a dark blue power switch from Kitsch-Bent. I've been meaning to install the front light from a AGS-001 model Game Boy Advance SP in it as well, but I just haven't quite gotten around to it. My original Game Boy is completely stock with all original Nintendo parts aside from the olive green colored backlight from Deadpan Robot that I installed in it. 

Originally posted by: captainolimar

Yeah those are custom color buttons, super cheap and a pretty easy swap!

also updated 

@ Jin yeah I did a game for the GBC one last year and it was the last game, the thread was never updated so mine never got counted. I would start it but I really don't want to run two threads maybe next year... 

Hmm... I'm currently recovering from oral surgery so I'm not up for any big projects at the moment, but maybe in a week or so when I'm all healed up I could start and maintain a thread for the Game Boy Color this year if no one else wants to do it. I'll have to give it some thought! Also, I noticed you didn't add Mortal Kombat II to the list (it was at the bottom of my last post). Will picture evidence be required for that one or was it just overlooked on account of the ginormous pictures clogging up the post?

Edited: 01/12/2017 at 01:56 AM by Jin

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:10:07 AM
Nirvana (1)
(Kori Winstead) < King Solomon >
Louisiana
Sure, what the hell. I'm bored, so why not? My first attempt will be to beat Pokemon Blue!

-------------------------

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:38:14 AM
captainolimar (41)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
 Also, I noticed you didn't add Mortal Kombat II to the list (it was at the bottom of my last post). Will picture evidence be required for that one or was it just overlooked on account of the ginormous pictures clogging up the post?

My bad updated 

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:05:01 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Boggle Plus!

I won a tournament against the four top CPU players. I think that's a decent requirement. There are other game types on the cart, pretty good for a GB game.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:35:30 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio

It is!   A couple years back I bought a new in box grape colored Game Boy Color on eBay then fitted it with a pastel purple D-Pad, hot pink A & B buttons, and a dark blue power switch from Kitsch-Bent. I've been meaning to install the front light from a AGS-001 model Game Boy Advance SP in it as well, but I just haven't quite gotten around to it. My original Game Boy is completely stock with all original Nintendo parts aside from the olive green colored backlight from Deadpan Robot that I installed in it. 

Very cool! And adding that front light will make your Game Boy Color the ideal system for GBC/GB games. As much as I love my GBA SP, there are certain games, like Kirby Tilt and Tumble, work the best with the GBC. Speaking of the GBC, if you do that how many GBC games can be beat by NA in 2017, I already have a game finished: Pocket Bomber Man.

Speaking of custom Game Boys, I am loving all of these custom systems here. You have all done amazing work!

And thank for letting me know captainolimar. I had no idea they were an cheap and easy swap like that. Very cool too!

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:18:26 AM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Yoshi

Very cool! And adding that front light will make your Game Boy Color the ideal system for GBC/GB games. As much as I love my GBA SP, there are certain games, like Kirby Tilt and Tumble, work the best with the GBC. Speaking of the GBC, if you do that how many GBC games can be beat by NA in 2017, I already have a game finished: Pocket Bomber Man.

Speaking of custom Game Boys, I am loving all of these custom systems here. You have all done amazing work!

And thank for letting me know captainolimar. I had no idea they were an cheap and easy swap like that. Very cool too!

Thanks Yoshi! I do really love the screen quality and the ergonomics of the GBC too, so even without a front light it's still my usual "go to" Game Boy system. I guess that's why I've been so nerveous about installing a front light in it. I really don't want to mess it up! lol I do think I'll be giving it a go next month though. I'll be sure to put you down for Pocket Bomber Man too if I end up doing a GBC games thread for 2017, which I'm sure considering doing but probably won't get underway with it until next week when I've got a bit more time on my hands and aren't feeling so under the weather. 

And you're right, there are some absolutely amazing Game Boys being shown off in this thread! I really like Splain's wood cased one especially. I can't imagine how much work that must have been to make but it looks utterly awesome. 

And oh, before I forget, I polished off another game for the list today. =)

4. Super R.C. Pro-AM

Also, I noticed you didn't add Mortal Kombat II to the list (it was at the bottom of my last post). Will picture evidence be required for that one or was it just overlooked on account of the ginormous pictures clogging up the post?

My bad updated 

Thanks! Though I'm afraid there was another mixup. It was Mortal Kombat II, not Mortal Kombat 3, that I beat the other day. Sorry for all the confusion! 

Edited: 01/13/2017 at 03:38 AM by Jin

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:41:41 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Thank you Jin! Best of luck with you screen mod. I can't blame you for being nervious. That Pocket Bomber Man was a fun little game, but the controls had me scrating my head. Who thought it was a good idea to assign jump to B and bombs to A?

As for this thread, I'm going to try some games this weekend. Let's see what happens!

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:52:05 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Sorry for the double post, but I finished off Kirby's Star Stacker. It was nice to have an excuse to play this gem of a game again. Love it!

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:43:03 AM
Nirvana (1)
Louisiana
So I'm playing Pokemon Blue. I know you said no cheats, but since I'm not playing it on an actual Game Boy, I can't really get the post-trade evolutions like Gengar or Alakazam. Would you consider making an exception so I can Gameshark those in? If you agreed, I would only do it after I leveled up their pre-trade forms, in order to make it fair.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:37:13 AM
PekoponGB (16)
(Brian ) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
I'm so sorry I didn't continue the thread. I was going to, I had every plan to do so, but major life changing events happened on exactly the 31st of December, and I suddenly had way too much to deal with to be running a forum thread. My father choked to death on his dinner. I don't want to go into any detail as it was the most horrible thing I've experienced in my life. It was such a stupid way to lose a family member, and it was so horribly sudden and unexpected. I figured I'd come back to at least tell what happened, but I will not be returning to NintendoAge until my life returns to normal.

Good Luck to all of the Game Boy fans. As a final contribution to the thread, here is a list of games I want to see completed every year in the thread. These are a lot of my favourite Game Boy games.

Beat these Games for PekoTAS This Year!

Super Mario Land
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Donkey Kong
Balloon Kid
Kirby's Dream Land
Pokemon Red
Wave Race
Solar Striker

Castlevania The Adventure
Mega Man Dr. Wily's Revenge
Operation C
Ninja Gaiden Shadow
Double Dragon
Nemesis
The Final Fantasy Legend

Keep the thread going guys, and Do Not Give Energy to the Game Boy!

Your GB Pal: PekoTAS

"Do Not Give Energy to the Life Core!"

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:00:20 AM
Nirvana (1)
Louisiana
I just beat Brock. All I have is a Level 15 Bulbasaur, so no pics until next time. Also, my Pokedex remains at 1 for now. <_<

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:07:31 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: PekoTAS

I'm so sorry I didn't continue the thread. I was going to, I had every plan to do so, but major life changing events happened on exactly the 31st of December, and I suddenly had way too much to deal with to be running a forum thread. My father choked to death on his dinner. I don't want to go into any detail as it was the most horrible thing I've experienced in my life. It was such a stupid way to lose a family member, and it was so horribly sudden and unexpected. I figured I'd come back to at least tell what happened, but I will not be returning to NintendoAge until my life returns to normal.

Good Luck to all of the Game Boy fans. As a final contribution to the thread, here is a list of games I want to see completed every year in the thread. These are a lot of my favourite Game Boy games.

Beat these Games for PekoTAS This Year!

Super Mario Land
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Donkey Kong
Balloon Kid
Kirby's Dream Land
Pokemon Red
Wave Race
Solar Striker

Castlevania The Adventure
Mega Man Dr. Wily's Revenge
Operation C
Ninja Gaiden Shadow
Double Dragon
Nemesis
The Final Fantasy Legend

Keep the thread going guys, and Do Not Give Energy to the Game Boy!

Your GB Pal: PekoTAS

I am so sorry to hear that! My thoughts and prayers with you and your family.  I'll try to knock out some of those games for you.

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:18:04 PM
captainolimar (41)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Nirvana

So I'm playing Pokemon Blue. I know you said no cheats, but since I'm not playing it on an actual Game Boy, I can't really get the post-trade evolutions like Gengar or Alakazam. Would you consider making an exception so I can Gameshark those in? If you agreed, I would only do it after I leveled up their pre-trade forms, in order to make it fair.
Yeah man no probs at all! Save stating is even cool by me if you don't want to deal with dead cart batteries. I plan on playing a few games on psp emus because I don't feel like fixing my carts  

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:19:52 PM
captainolimar (41)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
@PekoTAS dude so sorry for your loss. We will absolutely knock out those games for you, keep fighting the good fight.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:56:44 AM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota
My most sincere condolences for your loss PekoTAS. I lost my father very suddenly 9 years ago and it still breaks my heart to this day, so I have some idea of how you might feel. I know I can't do anything to make it better, but I did beat one of the games on your list tonight since you requested it. 

5. Operation C 

Operation C is one of my Top 5 all time favorite Game Boy games and a game that I've had a continual love affair with since I first got it some 20 odd years ago. Up until tonight I had only managed to beat it on 1 credit once before, but tonight I not only beat it on 1 credit but had enough lives leftover that when the game looped back to first level I was able to continue playing all the way up to the level 3 boss on the second time around. It's going to be a good long time before I top that high score, if ever. I hope this is able to put at least a little smile on your face.   

Edited: 01/16/2017 at 07:06 AM by Jin

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:43:59 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Wow Jin! Very impressive. I love when I get a really high score, but there are still 2 leading zeroes, suggesting that someone could get a score 100x higher...

So sorry Peko. That's incredibly sad news.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:58:30 PM
captainolimar (41)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
GODDAMMIT balloon kid is hard! I've been getting to the 7th level and just run out of continues

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:06:35 PM
Jin (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Minnesota

GODDAMMIT balloon kid is hard! I've been getting to the 7th level and just run out of continues

I know the feeling! I've been trying to do The Castlevania Adventure today and have been stuck on level 3. I've beaten the game before so I know that I am capable of doing it, it's just ridiculously hard. Best of luck with Balloon Kid though!

On a side note, I'm pretty sure my point talley should be at 6 now; since I've completed 5 games so far and the last one (Operation C) was worth double points. =)

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:39:33 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I hear you captainolimar. The Hello Kitty version of the game on the Famicom is so much easier due to the extended view. But I have a soft spot for Balloon Kid. Such a fun game.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:42:53 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I just found this! I'll see about completing FF Adventure'. Truly my favorite game as a kid and I've likely beat it at least 3 times in my life.

Also, I use to be REALLY good at Star Wars, Jurassic Park and the Lion King on Game Gear If they are the same game, just poss-green, I'll try to work on those too. No promises if they are different, though.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~