Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

These are my finds. Enjoy. Carrying rabbits' feet and horseshoes in both pockets

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:22:20 PM
8BitNESExploits (2)
(Thorin Teague) < Little Mac >
Michigan
A friend of mine, legally blind, was cleaning out his shed in December and came across a stash of old games. His daughter doesn't play these anymore and he wasn't interested in keeping them around, so he gave them to me for free.

When I got that, I decided I could probably part ways with my remaining turntable & DJ coffin, and some of my records (not all, the remainder are listed in my WTT post.) Having collected dust for over four years, with not much possibility of getting more than $100 for the stuff, I consider the additions from that trade to be at least free-ish. Many of these games from both stashes were kept in horrible cosmetic condition, but most worked and so far my hit rate on reconditioning gray-screening etc. game paks has been 100%. The stash is pictured below, with some evolution having occurred since these two initial trades. I may have spent $250 so far.

Everything listed here has been tested and works.

The first stash that was gifted to me consisted of:
2 NES systems (one top & one front loader)
4 NES controllers
2 SNES controllers
2 N64 consoles, one with cosmetic damage and no cables
1 N64 Controller (Plus one broken one, the only broken thing in the lot)
1 Game Boy Advance
1 Wii w/all cables but no controllers
85 NES games, about 6-10 duplicates
16 SNES games
4 N64 games
3 GBA games
Twilight princess for Wii
Columns for Sega Game Gear (randomly)
numerous instruction manuals

The second stash which I traded for some unwanted records and DJ gear:
1 NES Front loader
1 SNES mini
2 NES controllers, one with the Nintendo Power decal
2 SNES controllers
1 Wii Remote
About 10 NES games
About 8 SNES games
1 N64 game
 ^ everything was pretty trashed cosmetically, but I have become very adept at reconditioning this stuff in the past 2 months. Thanks, youtube!

I bought:
1 SNES
3 NES controllers
1 NES Max
Various Power & A/V cables
About 20 games
An NES cleaning kit
A wireless wii sensor bar (goodwill/$7)

Might be forgetting a purchase or two, but that's about the size of it. Yesterday I did a huge circuit around the Lansing area and found a few things at Goodwill's and Pawn shops, but nothing to write home about.

-------------------------
My Finds Thread

I create youtube videos for the 8-Bit NES (mostly) showing how to cheat and exploit various games natively (meaning no game genie, no emulation hacks.)
View them here. And h
ere is the latest vid.

Like me on Facebook!

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:26:57 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Good stuff man, if you wanna sell that dogbone controller I'd be interested.

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:36:35 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Awesome stuff, needs a good scrubbin tho.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:49:02 PM
8BitNESExploits (2)
Michigan
Shane: when I can get everything acceptably reconditioned it will go on a WTT thread. I am more than willing to part with the dogbone controller, but it has a fray in the cord (the blind guy's pets had a tendancy to chew on his cords). I'm sure a piece of electrical tape or better yet a bit of strategically placed rubber shrink tubing would do the trick.
empire: you got that right.

My Finds Thread

I create youtube videos for the 8-Bit NES (mostly) showing how to cheat and exploit various games natively (meaning no game genie, no emulation hacks.)
View them here. And h
ere is the latest vid.

Like me on Facebook!

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:53:01 PM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario
Nice haul!
I need that metroid manual! Please PM me if you don't collect them.

My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:19:31 AM
RetroG33KZ (23)
(Retro G33K) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indonesia
would love me a top loader. PM if you're interested to part with it

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:25:36 AM
RASK1904 (196)
(Roger D.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Princess Tomatoe for the win, Bob.

My ebay   http://shop.ebay.com/rask1904/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562                                                                                                                     ................................My fs thread....
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...    

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:13:11 AM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Nice haul! Beware: cleaning everything can take forever...

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:34:54 AM
8BitNESExploits (2)
Michigan
To Del01: Thanks for asking, I appreciate you forcing me to define my relationship to the literature. I decided I want to keep it. I would be happy to part with any duplicate manual(s) I come across. Should an extra Metroid manual come my way, you will be the first to know.

To RetroGeekz: I need to get my front-loaders up to working order and in acceptably reconditioned before I will consider this. I have not yet decided. I may want to get my top-loader retrofitted with an a/v output instead of keeping a front-loader. I will have to decide that and get back to you. When the decision is made you will be the first to know.

To anyone else interested in any of this stuff: I will certainly consider trading, doesn't hurt to ask. I just have it in my brain that I want to get everything CLEAN and nice, then do an inventory of what I want to trade. This will most certainly take some time, so be patient, but again just feel free to ask.

My Finds Thread

View them here. And h
ere is the latest vid.

Like me on Facebook!