Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Ebay user cjmarq2345 anyone ever buy from him or is he a member here?

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:04:01 AM
LaC (96)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Fantomex

I just bought a mega man x3 box from this guy and his pictures look WAY better than the items you actually receive.  I think he doctors his images to make them look, nice.  Small creases are still in the same place but his colors look very bright and crisp vs the faded box that i received

Yeah that's super weird.  There are no signs of his photo being doctored.  It's almost like it faded during transit.  That is not possible though.
I would feel super disappointed too.  He possibly took a picture of the box and didn't noticed later that it was "too good" and didn't match the listing. The camera probably color corrected it (saturated). 
If your box really looks like that in real life then you should just return it.

-------------------------
-------
Eprom

WTB
FS/FT

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:06:42 AM
Fantomex (216)
(Chris Z) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Wow sorry for trying to make the community aware. jesus christ man. It wasnt a matter of weather or not the seller would return it or not. I was totally aware of what i was purchasing, i was aware of the fading on the SIDE of the box. NOT ON THE FRONT. what is so hard to understand about that? You cant tell me that the front of the box in his pictures looks like what i received. You also cant tell me that you would be ok with it if you received it. Dont tell me i need to do my homework when his pics look way better than what was received. I dont understand why you are getting so defensive of the situation. Did i offend you in some way? as i said from the start, not trying to stir things up here.  Never my intentions here. I'll just end this arguement here

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 12:08 AM by Fantomex

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:14:36 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Wow sorry for trying to make the community aware. jesus christ man. It wasnt a matter of weather or not the seller would return it or not. I was totally aware of what i was purchasing, i was aware of the fading on the SIDE of the box. NOT ON THE FRONT. what is so hard to understand about that? You cant tell me that the front of the box in his pictures looks like what i received. You also cant tell me that you would be ok with it if you received it. Dont tell me i need to do my homework when his pics look way better than what was received. I dont understand why you are getting so defensive of the situation. Did i offend you in some way? as i said from the start, not trying to stir things up here.  Never my intentions here. I'll just end this arguement here

I am trying to make you aware that I can see fading to the front of the box in pics 5 and 9. I don't care what your pic vs the listing is as the listing pics alone are inconsitent with each other. I am not going to break it down to you with circles of what looks faded to me. To my eyes the pics in the listing show different levels of brightness to each other. I don't know how you fail to see this. I know the side of the box in pic 5 is more obvious that the front, but to me, the front also shows some fading.

I have never purchased from this user, but others have mentioned to just contact them. I have also suggested you file a return, which you are able to do.

I am really suggesting you ask questions with higher priced items. I know I do.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:28:20 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
In a world where you can't tell the color of a damn dress on your phone screen, it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't reach out the seller when in the add it says it is discolored. When I looked at that listing on my pc it looks a lot dofferent than on my phone. I think both parties are at fault here. The seller for not listing discolored in the title and the buyer for not asking or reading the full description.

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:00:13 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
I do see the difference in fading. But I don't think he doctors his photos at all. He a competitor of mine and admittly I am jealous of some of the amazing BINs he picks up, But I still wouldn't put any blame on him in this situation. He's more professional than 99% of other eBay sellers and does a dam good job. As stated before, he describes everything to a T, always takes excessive photos of any damage, etc. you really couldn't ask for a more thorough eBay seller IMO.

Famotex, I am with you, The amount of color difference is astonishing to me also. And even though a lot of reply's are coming back talking about " pictures 5 + 9", that doesn't explain how pictures 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 10 11 and 12 all appear to have no fading at all.. actually look more vibrant than Usual.
Lucky for you, it's ebay, and cjmarq is a reputable seller. So you can return it for any reason without any recourse for ignoring ( or not ignoring?) pictures, titles, and descriptions. Someone else will buy his box I don't think he's worried about it. Just don't bash the guys feedback, too much of that crap going on these days

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 02:02 AM by SNESfinder-

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:12:56 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Considering the description makes no mention of fading on the front, how detailed it is otherwise, and how many pictures there are, nothing about that listing says "front of the box is faded as shit" to me. I understand you can kinda see it on 9, but the front wasn't the focus of that shot and that could just as easily be lighting, and I would've been looking further into it, had it been mentioned in he description. The fading on the right was mentioned and is clearly shown in the pics, no complaints there. But yeah I'd be disappointed if that were the box I received. I don't think the seller was trying to pull a fast one or anything but I would have returned that box.

That said, seller has some nice stuff. Saved  

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 06:16 AM by Bort License Plate

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:21:34 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Could it have been flash on or off? I'm surprised an iPhone would auto saturate color otherwise. Either way, if you're that unhappy just return it, end of story.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:15:25 AM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
I am not sure what the issue is. He offers returns and even pays the shipping. Just send it back if you are not happy.

Not sure how you ended up with a box so faded, but if he is willing to take it back at his expense, i don't see the issue.

I don't think he was trying to pull a fast one on you.

gamevaluenow

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 11:24 AM by xMaGuSx

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:23:12 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: jonebone

Could it have been flash on or off? I'm surprised an iPhone would auto saturate color otherwise. Either way, if you're that unhappy just return it, end of story.

Yeah just return it.

As for the pics, maybe he was inadvertantly using an auto-adjustment filter? I've got a few apps on my phone and I've accidently used them a few times, and they auto-doctor pics and save them to your photos in one felt swoop. Seems like a legitimate seller. 

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:15:43 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Return. I get why you're unhappy, I'd be unhappy too. I think the person who mentioned the flash is probably onto something.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:45:22 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
I gotta go with the OP a bit on this one, the two pictures provided (showing the same white pimple on the front SNES logo) are vastly different in color. Maybe his iPhone had enhanced coloring or something, this isn't just a little off it's considerably different and I'd be upset too. Yes, of course he should have analyzed the pictures and questioned inconsistencies, but that vibrant colorful picture in the OP is misleading to consumers. Not sure that can be argued.

As a buyer I would expect what I see in the listing to be what I receive in hand, it shouldn't require a ton of analysis on the buyer to question between photos etc. Just my 2 cents. Seems like the seller is good on returns, just send it back since this box will always have some "BS" in your mind associated with it lol.

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:23:08 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Originally posted by: jonebone

Yeah just return it.

As for the pics, maybe he was inadvertantly using an auto-adjustment filter? I've got a few apps on my phone and I've accidently used them a few times, and they auto-doctor pics and save them to your photos in one felt swoop. Seems like a legitimate seller. 

I was wondering the same thing.   

From looking through the pics, I wouldn't expect to get what you received either.  It's easy to harp on after the fact that pic 9 shows the front fading (slightly), but if I were looking at the set of pics as a whole I would assume that was the anomaly pic with the flash on as you likely did.

As several others have mentioned, if he's willing to do a return it's a moot point anyway.  Doesn't seem like he was trying to pull a fast one necessarily.

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:49:19 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
^Yeah i agree. As a whole the pictures looked real nice, and without knowing it was faded beforehand, you wouldn't be able to tell like we all can now.

From a business stand point it would make no sense for the seller to try and pull a fast one on you when he offers free returns.

Anybody who is buying a high priced box like this is going to notice the fading immediately and not be happy and want to return it. And since the seller accepts returns and covers shipping, he is now out the shipping cost and has to deal with a return. Giant waste of time and money.

I have no idea how it happened, but it was likely just an oversight or something.

gamevaluenow

Aug 14, 2018 at 3:55:32 PM
Meteor_of_War (21)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Return it for a refund.  Maybe the seller will think twice and relist with more accurate photos, maybe he wont.

Also, is this seller affiliated with that twobrothersgames account?  I think he is.  If so they are overpriced on almost all items they sell.  I can understand a small markup for offering quality items, but I think they go a little crazy with their prices.  Apparently it doesn't matter since they seem to make a lot of sales, but who the hell are these buyers that spend more for items you can regularly find for less?  Especially game collectors who mostly are looking for the best deals possible.

Aug 14, 2018 at 5:43:26 PM
Nes Gangsta (90)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
From the pictures to what you received the colors do look off. Granted the seller did mention there was some sun fading in the ad. I would message the seller, even offer to pay return shipping charges if your not satisfied with it. Take this as a lesson learned, just don't buy sun faded boxes going forward. It's a small price to pay (return shipping charges) then to be stuck with something that your not satisfied with. Pictures do appear to be touched up if that really is the box you received. I am a commercial printer by trade and have an eye for color so this is my expert opinion on this. I have never bought anything from this seller but I have been back-doored by them before...

Aug 16, 2018 at 10:34:20 PM
Chuckbiii (2)

< Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
Yikes those pics do not look the same. I will give you that for sure. However, I have purchased multiple items from this seller and have had 0 issues.

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:44:41 AM
Muta (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Just do yourself a favor and return it...
you will quickly realize this is a small community and everyone kind of knows everyone. If you bring anyone/anything into question - you may very well be met with a really harsh backlash saying you didn't read up on the item enough, you shouldn't spend X amount of money, you should collect this, you shouldn't collect that...

The fact is your local retro game store along with most eBayers probably have an account/and or friends on here. You're not going to get an unbiased answer. You are better off just returning it if you are unhappy.

sega-saturn.org - coming soon
a repository for retrospective articles and reviews on the Saturn.

Edited: 08/20/2018 at 08:25 AM by Muta

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:48:48 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Muta 20XX El Zero

Just do yourself a favor and return it...
you will quickly realize this is a small community and everyone kind of knows everyone. If you bring anyone/anything into question - you may very well be met with a really harsh backlash saying you didn't read up on the item enough, you shouldn't spend X amount of money, you should collect this, you shouldn't collect that...

The fact is your local retro game store along with most eBayers probably have an account/and or friends on here. You're not going to get an unbiased answer. You are better off just returning it if you are unhappy.

I would love to know your source for this "fact".   This place has a fraction of a percent of all video game collectors.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:58:14 AM
Muta (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
The few times I've mentioned a store or an eBayer on here, it was quickly brought to my attention they were members. This includes probably one of the more popular local retro stores in my area - who has an account on here and a full collection of just about everything. Also notice - "probably". I didn't mean it was an actual fact. I have posted 2 or 3 times regarding local retro gaming stores or eBayers and they were all members of NintendoAge - which I wasn't aware of beforehand.

sega-saturn.org - coming soon
a repository for retrospective articles and reviews on the Saturn.

Edited: 08/20/2018 at 10:00 AM by Muta

May 19 at 12:06:15 PM
caratekid (40)

(mark corrado) < Meka Chicken >
United States

are you for real? look at the picture i posted, are you seriously telling me that these boxes look the same?

Hey fantomex I can’t reply to your pm because you have me blocked. Only way I could figure how to notify you. 

May 19 at 2:03:03 PM
Fantomex (216)
(Chris Z) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
hmm, thats weird, im not sure why. ill fix it

May 21 at 4:19:43 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: caratekid

are you for real? look at the picture i posted, are you seriously telling me that these boxes look the same?

Hey fantomex I can’t reply to your pm because you have me blocked. Only way I could figure how to notify you. 

Is this  cjmarq? 

May 21 at 6:20:48 AM
caratekid (40)

(mark corrado) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Nope just found the last topic fantom posted in