Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Stack-Up, New Sticker Sealed & Wrapped!

Oct 03 at 7:07:57 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Found this out in the wild. While it's quite a find, I'm not sure exactly how special this is.
This one in particular has the sticker, wrap, and the cardboard hangtab is completely intact.
The box is in pretty good shape, it does have some defects on the bottom left front, and back side - the back looks like it was slightly crushed. (pictures attached)

• How rare is this?
  • Is it worth sendting to VGA for grading?
  • What's it worth? I can't really find another one like it.

Edited: 10/04/2019 at 10:23 AM by MarioTwins

Oct 03 at 9:51:41 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Update:
Reading the WATA FAQ, WATA will not grade this game due to the oversized box. So, that answers a few of my questions.

Oct 04 at 10:59:34 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
It's ridiculously rare. Without the damage it's worth thousands. But that is serious damage. I'd still see about grading it just due to rarity.

FYI I don't believe the wrap and plastic hanger are original. But I'd leave them intact for now.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Oct 04 at 11:19:00 AM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Thank you, I appreciate the reply!
The damage looks a lot worse in the pictures than it actually is, probably because of the reflections. Still, obviously not mint.

Oct 04 at 11:50:59 AM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
The only thing I can contribute is that my life is now more complete after having seen this.

Oct 04 at 2:33:35 PM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Is this real or are we in the Matrix?

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Oct 04 at 3:37:26 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Originally posted by: tbone3969

Sorry, I'm just confused to what you are referring to. I didn't double post this by accident, did I?
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
But yes it's real, I'm not, or at least, not trying to be facetious.

Oct 04 at 4:22:33 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: MarioTwins

Originally posted by: tbone3969

Sorry, I'm just confused to what you are referring to. I didn't double post this by accident, did I?
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
But yes it's real, I'm not, or at least, not trying to be facetious.

He's commenting on the fact that you're in possession of an item hardly any of us have ever seen before and most of us will never see again. We're witnessing Haley's Comet right now.

Oct 04 at 4:36:11 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
A sealed copy of this game (plastic wrapped or just sticker seal) is insanely rare. I have never seen or even heard of a copy prior to this. It seems likely the plastic wrapping was done by a third party, but you'd have to find someone who is a true expert to know for sure. A CIB copy in good condition tends to go for $400-600. Personally, I'd value this at somewhere around $1000, but if several sealed collectors were looking to complete their collection, it could go for significantly more.

If you start feeling really cheeky and decide to open it, make sure to take pictures and post to the Sealed Games thread (see my signature).

Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Oct 04 at 5:49:31 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Originally posted by: DoctorEncore

A sealed copy of this game (plastic wrapped or just sticker seal) is insanely rare. I have never seen or even heard of a copy prior to this. It seems likely the plastic wrapping was done by a third party, but you'd have to find someone who is a true expert to know for sure. A CIB copy in good condition tends to go for $400-600. Personally, I'd value this at somewhere around $1000, but if several sealed collectors were looking to complete their collection, it could go for significantly more.

If you start feeling really cheeky and decide to open it, make sure to take pictures and post to the Sealed Games thread (see my signature).
I'm certainly not that cheeky!
Do you have anybody that you would recommend for authentication of the plastic wrap seal?
I guess unless I get special permission from Deniz at Wata, Wata won't authenicate or grade this game.
VGA doesn't authenticate, only grades.

For what it's worth, I have read here, on NA, that there can be a couple of seal variants on Stack-Up, no H-seam, etc - and again, for what it's worth, the seal feels and looks pretty legit. It feels just like my other sealed games, But it would be nice to have that confirmed. 

Oct 04 at 9:52:14 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
I'm certainly not that cheeky!
Do you have anybody that you would recommend for authentication of the plastic wrap seal?
I guess unless I get special permission from Deniz at Wata, Wata won't authenicate or grade this game.
VGA doesn't authenticate, only grades.

For what it's worth, I have read here, on NA, that there can be a couple of seal variants on Stack-Up, no H-seam, etc - and again, for what it's worth, the seal feels and looks pretty legit. It feels just like my other sealed games, But it would be nice to have that confirmed. 
Finally got a few minutes to do some research and it looks like this game was closed with a sticker seal and a plastic wrap, so it's probably legit. The seam should run along the top, one side, and the bottom. I'd stick with my original price eval at $1000 due to the condition, but they have definitely gone for more. Surprisingly, at least two were sold just this year.

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/stackup?gameid=607

$4500 (I'd be surprised if this sale went through) - https://www.ebay.com/p/56241106?iid=192732427229

$2000 - https://www.ebay.com/p/56241106?iid=283360842420

$1600 - https://www.ebay.com/p/56241106?iid=303124135332

Good luck!

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Oct 04 at 10:07:13 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Thank you for the confirmation! That's super helpful. That's exactly how mine is sealed, down the 3 sides. Does the gloss Sticker-Seal play a part in this at all? Or does it not really matter in this case? I've only even even seen pictures of two others.

Oct 04 at 10:43:24 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >

Thank you for the confirmation! That's super helpful. That's exactly how mine is sealed, down the 3 sides. Does the gloss Sticker-Seal play a part in this at all? Or does it not really matter in this case? I've only even even seen pictures of two others.

The sticker seal implies it was the first version of the game released. If you look closely, the $5000 auction item has the sticker and the other two do not. I am not sure if it is glossy or matte on yours or on the auctioned item. This may hike the value a bunch, but it is unclear just how much. There was recently a ton of sticker-seal hype, but it has started to die down a bit. 

This type of item is so rare that it becomes tough to price. Hopefully one of the sealed collector's here will see this thread and help you out. I don't have any specific names to give you, though.

Edited: 10/04/2019 at 10:45 PM by DoctorEncore

Oct 04 at 11:14:37 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
That particular auction, I'm not able to see the pictures for some reason.
Mine looks like a gloss seal; it looks 'sharper' than pictures I've seen of the matte seal.
Good deal, I really appreciate your help!

Oct 05 at 2:59:53 AM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

Oct 06 at 9:47:19 AM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
This isn't that rare. It's one of the most common sealed black box games. However, with prices where they are at these days, who knows what it would go for!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Oct 06 at 5:14:52 PM
MarioTwins (0)
(Josh ) < Cherub >
Florida
Originally posted by: srh201

This isn't that rare. It's one of the most common sealed black box games. However, with prices where they are at these days, who knows what it would go for!
Thanks! That actually makes sense being that you HAD to have ROB to play it. I can see why it would be the most common sealed BB game.

Another update: I spoke with someone from Wata. Even though wata can't grade Stack-Up *yet*, he comfirmed that the plastic seal on my copy was legit. He seemed pretty excited to see it.