Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My first arcade machine Kangaroo by Atari

May 14, 2007 at 7:40:38 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Just picked this machine up today. It's in great cosmetic condition, works perfect. Has coin mechanism and keys. Very minor marks, and minor screen burn. Overall beautiful condition. Just look at that picture! I'm in love.

-------------------------
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

May 14, 2007 at 7:50:22 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
where did you buy it from? Ive been wanting to buy some arcade machines but I dont feel like spending a fortune on them....

May 14, 2007 at 7:53:44 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Damn! I loved that game as a kid. Nice!

BTW, Nick, you look totally different in that pic -- did you cut your hair?

-Dain

May 14, 2007 at 7:55:32 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Nah, I think he just shaved and took a shower!

May 15, 2007 at 12:38:26 AM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Dain

-Dain

Well what picture are you comparing it to? My hair style has been pretty much the same since middle school. It has gotten slighly lighter over the years though.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

May 15, 2007 at 12:43:40 AM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Heh.  I could just imagine bringing an arcade machine home.  The biggest problem would be where to even put the thing.

The one game I always wanted to own is the original TMNT game.  That's one of the best ever.  I made a video of me playing it and beating it in 1 life on Youtube.

Too bad the machine will probably be like $1,500...  :-/

My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

May 15, 2007 at 1:02:55 AM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Sivak
Heh. I could just imagine bringing an arcade machine home. The biggest problem would be where to even put the thing.

The one game I always wanted to own is the original TMNT game. That's one of the best ever. I made a video of me playing it and beating it in 1 life on Youtube.

Too bad the machine will probably be like $1,500... :-/

Just keep an eye out for it man. Keep checking eBay in your area, and craigslist, and sooner or later you'll find somebody selling one for a good price in your area. I paid $100 for this one, a price I was thrilled about, but I've been keeping my eye out for them for several months now. And don't be afraid to drive 3 or 4 hours away to pick it up either.

May 15, 2007 at 10:52:46 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: burnambill333

-Dain

Well what picture are you comparing it to? My hair style has been pretty much the same since middle school. It has gotten slighly lighter over the years though.

I was referring to the pic with you standing in front of the stack of NES consoles. Your hair looks a lot lighter.

-Dain

May 15, 2007 at 12:13:29 PM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
Yeah, my hair has gotten lighter for some reason. I didn't do anything to it, it just naturally got lighter. The picture of me infront of the stack of NES consoles was taken around 2 years ago, so it's slightly outdated.

May 15, 2007 at 12:45:55 PM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Well, the biggest issue I have is a place to put it.  Cost is secondary, although still an issue nonetheless.

From the picture, it seems you've got it in a garage or something.  I don't have one of those, although it'd be pretty funny to have an arcade machine next to my bed.

MAME will have to do for now.  Maybe someday I'll have TMNT.  Mr. Do too.  That game's fun.

My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

May 15, 2007 at 7:37:03 PM
Hounder (0)
(David Pendergast) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
That's awesome man. I too have always wanted one. I would really like to have either Punch Out, SMB3, or TMNT 2.

Hi, my name is David Pendergast, aka:

Jesse Jones
Philip Varney

I scammed people on NintendoAge a while back. Since then, I've been unwelcome. Do not do business with me!

May 15, 2007 at 7:50:23 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia

-Dain

I actually thought it was a picture of a younger brother. Guess im getting old

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

May 15, 2007 at 8:49:20 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
The game I would love to have would be the full sit down version of the original Star Wars game... I frikin' love that thing... even with the lined/dated graphics I could play that for days! "Death Star approaching... this is Red 5 going in..." AHHhhhh....

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 15, 2007 at 9:30:21 PM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: wrldstrman
I actually thought it was a picture of a younger brother. Guess im getting old

Well, I'm one of the youngest members of this board, and seeing as how you've got kids in high school, I you're probably one of the oldest.

Originally posted by: Hounder
That's awesome man. I too have always wanted one. I would really like to have either Punch Out, SMB3, or TMNT 2.

Sounds like you need a Playchoice 10.

Originally posted by: Braveheart69
The game I would love to have would be the full sit down version of the original Star Wars game... I frikin' love that thing... even with the lined/dated graphics I could play that for days! "Death Star approaching... this is Red 5 going in..." AHHhhhh....

I know exactly what game you're talking about and I've played it before too. You're right, it sure is damn fun.

May 15, 2007 at 9:42:03 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Dang yea that that dont look like that picture of you in front of those nes consoles at all. I thought that pic with the arcade was a 10 year old kid in the pic. lol Dang Man i thought i was one of the youngest on the boards lol. Im 21 how old R U ??

Oh and by the way sweet pick up on the arcade dude!

When i was 19 i had 7 arcades.

I had:
X Men (4 player)
Zero Wing
Snow Brothers (aweosme in the Arcade)
Wrestlemania
TARG
Road Riot 4WD
Ms. Pacman (dad actually bought it and was kinda his, but he never plays it lol)

I went into this arcade buying frenzy and was scoring a bunch of them cheap, but i recently sold em all but still have 3 left. The X Men, TARG, and Ms. Pacman. Also built a MAME set up now. They are a lot of fun, but do kinda get old after the first few months of playing the same game. I would like to get aplaychoice though, they seem real cool. anyways congrats on the pickup dude :-)

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

May 15, 2007 at 10:19:31 PM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Parpunk
Im 21 how old R U ??

I'll be 20 in 8 days.

Originally posted by: Parpunk
Snow Brothers (aweosme in the Arcade)

Snow Brothers had an arcade release?

Edit: Just checked the KLOV website. Indeed it did have an arcade release, and a sequel too also on arcade!

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 10:25 PM by burnambill333

May 15, 2007 at 10:28:23 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
yea bro. it was awesome! i beat it like 10 times, so kinda never played it anymore after that lol. The Game moved real smooth and had better graphics than the nes version. I actually played the arcade version before i ever got the nes version, then after i sold it, got the nes version and was very dissapointed lol The arcade Was way cooler. They dont go too pricey either. i think like $150.00 tops. Not much more than a copy for NES if ya think abut it hehe :-)

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 10:28 PM by Parpunk

May 15, 2007 at 10:43:41 PM
burnambill333 (0)
New Jersey
That's true parpunk. Buy yourself a complete NES copy and you'll spend around $100. I only see 1 on eBay right now (fucking discountgames) but it's not in my area and the price is too high. I love Snow Bros., so I'll be keeping my eye out for this one if it pops up in my area.
Thanks dude.

May 16, 2007 at 6:25:44 AM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
(fucking discountgames)

yup, discount games does suck!

May 16, 2007 at 10:15:15 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Someone had a mortal kombat 2 arcade machine in mint condition about two hours away from where I live, wanted $250 for it, granted I had the money but the cabinet is HUGH and sadly I have no where to put it in my apartment.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

May 16, 2007 at 6:03:56 PM
HeartOfDavid (61)
(David Clark) < El Ripper >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Sivak

Heh. I could just imagine bringing an arcade machine home. The biggest problem would be where to even put the thing.

The one game I always wanted to own is the original TMNT game. That's one of the best ever. I made a video of me playing it and beating it in 1 life on Youtube.

Too bad the machine will probably be like $1,500... :-/

Actually, there's a guy in Canada who's on GameTZ.com that has one for under 400 dollars. I think it's really cheap (like under 200). I'll check and send you the link.

For the longest time, I've said that Christ died FOR us. The truth is, He died INSTEAD of us!

May 16, 2007 at 11:30:55 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Lol Penguin, I'll break your heart - I've owned MKII for about 7 years now, and although I play it more infrequently than before, I never get sick of it. I think the only reason why I don't play it all the time is if I let myself get rusty, then it's more of a challenge when I pick it back up again Well, that's not the only reason, also I ran it over about 5 months ago and I need to get the tube fixed. When I closed up my storefront and removed it I had to content with a big stretch of muddy rainsoaked turf between the van I was using and where it was supposed to go. I had no problem unloading it, but I decided to go in and take a break before finishing the job...after a cool drink I came back out and pulled the van around, and backed it right up into the standing unit, knocking it over onto the asphalt. I walked right by it, and didn't even realize what I had hit at first until I saw the cabinet lurching over completely out of my control

It needs a new screen. They're not cheap Hopefully the place nearby that does repairs has a donor from another old box and I can get off easy. The one that was in there was from Pac-Man, you could see the burn-in when the box was turned off.

I also own 2 pinball machines, Sinbad (1978) and Firepower (80) and they're sensational.

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2159

I'd include pics of my own, but theirs are better They're set up right next to my entertainment center with all my NES stuff in/on it. They're part of the living room. My wife is accepting of my hobby

Cats dig it too.

May 17, 2007 at 8:33:19 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: dangevin

Lol Penguin, I'll break your heart - I've owned MKII for about 7 years now, and although I play it more infrequently than before, I never get sick of it. I think the only reason why I don't play it all the time is if I let myself get rusty, then it's more of a challenge when I pick it back up again [IMG][/IMG] Well, that's not the only reason, also I ran it over about 5 months ago and I need to get the tube fixed. When I closed up my storefront and removed it I had to content with a big stretch of muddy rainsoaked turf between the van I was using and where it was supposed to go. I had no problem unloading it, but I decided to go in and take a break before finishing the job...after a cool drink I came back out and pulled the van around, and backed it right up into the standing unit, knocking it over onto the asphalt. I walked right by it, and didn't even realize what I had hit at first until I saw the cabinet lurching over completely out of my control [IMG][/IMG]

It needs a new screen. They're not cheap [IMG][/IMG] Hopefully the place nearby that does repairs has a donor from another old box and I can get off easy. The one that was in there was from Pac-Man, you could see the burn-in when the box was turned off.

I also own 2 pinball machines, Sinbad (1978) and Firepower (80) and they're sensational.

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2159

I'd include pics of my own, but theirs are better [IMG][/IMG] They're set up right next to my entertainment center with all my NES stuff in/on it. They're part of the living room. My wife is accepting of my hobby [IMG][/IMG]

Cats dig it too.

That is so sad, I was even more upset when I had to pass the machine up, it was in almost mint condition coins slots worked and everything. Some day when I have my own house I want to get a few arcade cabinets and pinball machines into a game room. someday....

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Edited: 05/17/2007 at 08:34 AM by Penguin