Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Link's Awakening Predictions

Sep 07 at 2:05:49 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
I don't think this game is for me. LoZ is my favorite series but I never liked any of the portables. I tried LA and Minish Cap on emulation a few years ago and couldn't get into them. I might give this a try at a cheap price point, for $60 no way!

Edited: 09/07/2019 at 05:17 PM by gunpei

Sep 07 at 7:11:25 AM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
I think it'll be a remake in the sense of how FireRed and LeafGreen were updated versions of red and blue but with a little extra content (the sevi islands).

I don't think it'll be like Zelda OOT on the 3DS which was a "remake" but they didn't add anything. Just slightly updated the graphics and made the water temple easier.

They might add a weapon or temple or something for this remake, but I don't think there will be huge changes like a big post game bonus.

-------------------------
My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 07 at 11:42:01 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Splain

Lol. I'm at 897 Korok seeds, and I don't know which ones I'm missing. I already cheated with an online map to find those, so I thought I'd have them all.

I love Link's Awakening, but I agree that having the same price point as BOTW, which boasts a very high bang-to-buck ratio, practically requires at least SOME unannounced content. And I'd guess that every day-one buyer is expecting that too.

The korok seeds and completing the map % are the only things left in that game that I can do.  Not sure if I will ever get around to doing those. :/

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Sep 07 at 4:16:15 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Does anyone know if you get the whole game without buying additional toys to unlock extra portions? I swore I'd never buy another Zelda game after phoning Nintendo to ask them how I get the last few outfits without using an Amiibo. Spoiler alert......you can't.

Sep 07 at 4:55:46 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Edit: wrong thread

Edited: 09/07/2019 at 09:16 PM by phart010

Sep 07 at 7:00:31 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: bootload

Does anyone know if you get the whole game without buying additional toys to unlock extra portions? I swore I'd never buy another Zelda game after phoning Nintendo to ask them how I get the last few outfits without using an Amiibo. Spoiler alert......you can't.

You won't buy another Zelda game because they don't give you a couple outfits? If I were you, I'd buy a Zelda amiibo from GameStop, scan it in to get the content, then return the amiibo

My WTB thread

Sep 07 at 8:04:19 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I never played the original so I'm looking forward to it honestly. And I still have GCU. I pre-ordered the Pokemon trainer amiibo set that releases the same say and the links Awakening amiibo so it'll be a nice treat.

Sep 07 at 8:06:03 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

It's The Legend of Zelda.  Not Style Savy Fashion Disco.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Sep 07 at 8:42:18 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

I never played the original so I'm looking forward to it honestly. And I still have GCU. I pre-ordered the Pokemon trainer amiibo set that releases the same say and the links Awakening amiibo so it'll be a nice treat.

Do yourself a favor and play the original. It's really good. One of the underrated Zelda's for sure. It's definitely close to my top 5, maybe actually number 5 behind windwaker, oot, link to the past, and botw. I believe you can get it right now on the 3ds eShop for like $5

My WTB thread

Sep 08 at 9:07:44 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Gut tells me not much extra, but my heart hopes for it. Let's cross our fingers for an embracing remake, with master quest type support, side games/missions added, and if we're really lucky some form of co-op action. Dungeon creator should be cool.

Sep 08 at 1:29:03 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: yukfou

Do yourself a favor and play the original. It's really good. One of the underrated Zelda's for sure. It's definitely close to my top 5, maybe actually number 5 behind windwaker, oot, link to the past, and botw. I believe you can get it right now on the 3ds eShop for like $5

It's not underated by any stretch.

Sep 08 at 1:34:01 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: CMR

It's not underated by any stretch.

I never see people say it's one of their favorites. I always see people mention the ones I mentioned or twilight princess or Majora's mask, or the first Zelda.

My WTB thread

Sep 08 at 4:01:21 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
I wont be getting it cause I dont wanna but I dont really think the $60 is that crazy cause its friggin Zelda

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Sep 08 at 4:16:39 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama

You won't buy another Zelda game because they don't give you a couple outfits? If I were you, I'd buy a Zelda amiibo from GameStop, scan it in to get the content, then return the amiibo

You need about 14 different Amiibos to get them all. I have the guide book that oulines how to get everything in the game and many of the outfits and weapons are Amiibo specific.

Sep 08 at 7:11:43 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

You need about 14 different Amiibos to get them all. I have the guide book that oulines how to get everything in the game and many of the outfits and weapons are Amiibo specific.

Just look for the card set. You get them all for $10 shipped.

Sep 08 at 7:30:35 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland

That is quite a bit. At the end of the day, it's just outfits and a couple items. You're not missing out on any of the game without them.

My WTB thread

Sep 09 at 9:24:00 AM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
People will spend $60 on Zelda. There's really nothing else that needs to be said about it.

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Sep 09 at 10:10:07 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina

That is quite a bit. At the end of the day, it's just outfits and a couple items. You're not missing out on any of the game without them.

Or do what I did and drop $10-15 bucks to have someone from China send you a bunch of plastic cards with the Amiibo IDs programmed into them.  Since they act as fake Amiibos, they can also be used wherever those Amiibos are needed for other games too.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Sep 09 at 10:12:15 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
People will buy a Switch just to play this game.

Sep 09 at 12:37:07 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

People will buy a Switch just to play this game.
I thought the people that would have bought the switch for this Zelda would have already bought one two years ago to get breath of the wild

Sep 09 at 10:08:36 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
I'd like to get it, but I am kind of hung up on the price a bit and I know that looks bad, but as others already said, it's ovepriced given it's a remaster/update of a last or later generation title. Sure it had to be worked over from the ground up unlike say Captain Toad, but let's be honest the WiiU short term update/re-releases of both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both came out at $50 and they were redone dramatically more like Link's Awakening was done vs Captain Toad. Yeah so I'm hesitating over $10 but it just feels a bit slimy to me. If I had to choose from the 3 adventure/rpg titles out within a 2 week period this month Dragon Quest is the only one worth $60 and even Ni No Kuni is asking $50 which seems more right too.

From what I have read up on the game you find pieces all over to play dungeon maker, and obviously every piece of the visuals and audio have been remastered entirely, but the core game is still intact other than probably losing those camera/printer features of the DX release and perhaps that color dungeon too which the dungeon maker replaces.

Sep 09 at 10:16:34 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: VmprHntrD

I'd like to get it, but I am kind of hung up on the price a bit and I know that looks bad, but as others already said, it's ovepriced given it's a remaster/update of a last or later generation title. Sure it had to be worked over from the ground up unlike say Captain Toad, but let's be honest the WiiU short term update/re-releases of both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both came out at $50 and they were redone dramatically more like Link's Awakening was done vs Captain Toad. Yeah so I'm hesitating over $10 but it just feels a bit slimy to me. If I had to choose from the 3 adventure/rpg titles out within a 2 week period this month Dragon Quest is the only one worth $60 and even Ni No Kuni is asking $50 which seems more right too.

From what I have read up on the game you find pieces all over to play dungeon maker, and obviously every piece of the visuals and audio have been remastered entirely, but the core game is still intact other than probably losing those camera/printer features of the DX release and perhaps that color dungeon too which the dungeon maker replaces.
Dragon Quest is only $50 also.

Sep 09 at 11:38:55 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
The switch does have a feature to take snapshots. Maybe they'll use that in place of the printer some way.

Sep 11 at 1:44:58 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
I'll rent it

I had the original back in the day as one of the few gameboy games I actually owned. Never beat it so maybe this new version will fix that.

September is pretty stacked for releases, already building up a backlog. Link might have to wait awhile.

Sep 11 at 8:33:34 AM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
I am also going to wait on a price drop. Have the original on gameboy if I really feel the need to play.