Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Goodwill Run Found an INTV System III

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:34:13 PM
3li.Luc (0)

< Cherub >
Found at the local Goodwill today. Fully working INTV Sys III! $9.99. 

Edited: 01/06/2017 at 04:55 PM by 3li.Luc

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:41:57 PM
3li.Luc (0)

< Cherub >
Correct Pics.... (forum was posting someone elses upload)

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:37:18 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Very cool! I got my boxed Intellivision {1} at a Goodwill about a year ago. Never seen one of the III's before.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:41:37 PM
Hangoin (0)
(Tim ) < Tourian Tourist >
Missouri
Man im kinda jealous. What do you plan on doing with it? I dont want to buy it, but I am curious.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:48:00 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
He's obviously going to give it to me. ...obviously.   

-------------------------
Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Edited: 01/04/2017 at 02:48 PM by darkchylde28

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:03:08 PM
3li.Luc (0)

< Cherub >
Play it! Maintain it. Collect carts. 

I already picked up the voice modulator add on. Local GameOver shop had one for $8. 

Going to open up the controllers and see if I can get this disc to operate more realiably. They work, just over time they don't work like they should. (For instance in Armored Battle the tanks will sometimes rotate the wrong way). 

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:28:29 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: 3li.Luc

Going to open up the controllers and see if I can get this disc to operate more realiably. They work, just over time they don't work like they should. (For instance in Armored Battle the tanks will sometimes rotate the wrong way). 

If you get a chance, try to pick up some of the joystick add ons for the system, they really do make a difference.  There are some that permanently adhere to the disc (the ones I've seen look like stick-on Atari 2600 joysticks) as well as some that clip onto the controller right above the disc.  The clip on ones have sticks that remind me of the ones on the ColecoVision Super Action Controllers and use a combination of foam and a spring to provide tension between the base of the clip part and the joystick to help it work as well as it can.  I've never had direct contact with any of the adhesive ones, but the clip on ones are fairly decent for what they are and worth picking up if you can find them for a decent/fair price.

Games are pretty easy to come by but seem to be fairly rare to run across in the wild.  Lots are usually pretty plentiful, but you've got to watch as there are plenty of titles that everybody had and which dominate most lots.  At the moment I've got a box of duplicates that's about half as full as my collection box, lol.

Hope you and your family have a blast with it!

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:47:51 PM
3li.Luc (0)

< Cherub >
Good idea re: joystick add-on.

Gonna re-visit GameOver soon and grab from their stash of Intlv games; 1.99 - 7.99 a game, many CIB. They have a boat load and the manager said when I picked up the Voice Mod there were a ton of voice mod games that the seller dropped off with but they had to inventory first.

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:27:46 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: 3li.Luc

Good idea re: joystick add-on.

Gonna re-visit GameOver soon and grab from their stash of Intlv games; 1.99 - 7.99 a game, many CIB. They have a boat load and the manager said when I picked up the Voice Mod there were a ton of voice mod games that the seller dropped off with but they had to inventory first.

There are actually only 4 "voice" games, at least out of the original run.  They are:  B-17 Bomber, Bomb Squad, Space Spartans & Tron: Solar Sailer.  World Series Major League Baseball apparently has some voice support in it, but it was actually being designed to work with the ECS module, making it a little fuzzy as it whether it counts or not.  There are also a couple of homebrews out there, but with the limited runs that most homebrews have, good luck ever seeing those.  Let us know if you come up with anything interesting!