Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Alright, this thing has been going for a little while now... SOMEONE UPDATE US!

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:27:51 PM
kcsims (16)
(Kevin Sims) < Eggplant Wizard >
Louisiana
Don't have a camera with me. I saw others taking video and pics so I'm sure they will turn up pretty soon.

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:46:58 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
The Expo was awesome! We're about to go to the after party but ill try and get some pics/videos posted after the party tonight.

-------------------------
Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:53:33 PM
kcsims (16)
Louisiana

Can't make it to the party, staying in the hotel with sick wife. She's about 5 weeks pregs.

PS - I think next year should be done in New Orleans....that way I only have to drive 20 minutes....

Edited: 09/06/2008 at 08:05 PM by kcsims

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:37:46 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Just found this thread... The gold Sudoku's price was correct, but the other three were different (Ditka went for $225, Chunkout for $285, and NA NWC for $200). Yes, I bought the Ditka and the Chunkout. I tried to persuade NGD to go up to $600 on the gold Sudoku, but he didn't listen.

Also, Erik...when you called, the Ditka auction had ended about 10-15 seconds earlier. NGD was like, "I'm not about to answer that phone right now, LOL."

Highlights of what was there:

Sealed Myriad 6-in-1 (Dain's, of course, and not for sale)
CIB Chubby Cherub (sosafan2's, $330)
CIB Miracle Piano NES (100% complete; this was also sosafan2's, $150, I ended up buying it and a DK Jr. Math cart for $150)
M8 demo unit (I nearly freaked out once I realized what it was; Player-2's, $800)
Rodland box (-ESP, cut to fit inside a clamshell case; Player-2's, $10, I bought it)
CIB Miracle Piano SNES (only missing the earbuds; Player-2's, $60, I bought it)
Boxed Miracle Piano PC (box, keyboard, top styro, and Miracle cable only; Player-2's, $20, I bought it)
Super NES Control Deck Tester (can't seem to find a pic, but it's the one that plugs into the cart slot of the SNES; Player-2's, $125, I would've bought it if I hadn't won both the Ditka and the Chunkout)
Factory-sealed Snow Brothers (dangevin's, $800, very nice shape)
Factory-sealed Color a Dinosaur (dangevin's, $800, very nice shape)
Donkey Kong 3-screw cart (dangevin's, $75)
Factory-sealed Win, Lose, or Draw (tons of 'em; xtremegamer's, $5 each, Glen bought me one for my upcoming birthday)
Tons of different NES- and SNES-era signs (those were also Player-2's, fairly priced)
Several NES, Game Boy, PlayStation, and Gamecube prototypes (DreamTR's, fairly priced)

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:07:05 PM
SystemFreak (36)
(Steve Lin) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
My bad on the auction prices, looks like I was hearing the calls for the *NEXT* bid and not final prices.

Yeah, I was thinking about the M8 but considering I didn't see it in person AND it would be kind of crazy to ship from the show, I passed. Any idea what's the best way to get a hold of Player-2? Might still be interested.

WTB: E3 2004 Preview DS System, Toshio Iwai Electroplankton Release Party DS System

http://www.systemfreak.com...

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:03:21 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
It was a great event; I think some of the vendors had some higher prices, and wondered why no one wanted to buy their stuff at more than eBay prices. Might be why some of them left earlier than later!

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:08:33 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: DreamTR

It was a great event; I think some of the vendors had some higher prices, and wondered why no one wanted to buy their stuff at more than eBay prices. Might be why some of them left earlier than later!

that is one thing that vendors gotta realize at events like these; people are looking for "deals".  I mean com'n we are all bargain hunters here and if stuff is overpriced we definitely won't want it.   when I set up to sell stuff every year at NWCGE I always price it low and keep the customers coming back for more.   

Jason, I always know you have sweet deals so I know you did well.

Josh

eBay listings here

Edited: 09/07/2008 at 09:09 PM by qixmaster

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:13:27 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
I would have definatly bought more if it wasn't for the vendor prices. I really held out hoping for something good at the auction as well. Jason (DreamTR) had some of the best prices and a great selection of games.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Sep 7, 2008 at 9:27:31 PM
kcsims (16)
Louisiana
I don't know if all the vendors read this forum, but we can't complain about them too much or we may not get a chance for another gathering like this. The only thing I was hoping for were more imports than just want Mad-Gear had. I know it was a NintendoAge deal, but I would have liked to see more from other systems - Turbo, Saturn, Sega Cd, etc...I collect everything. I bought most of my take from Mad-Gear on import titles... Little pricey, but hard to find items have their price. Picked up complete copies w/ cards of Salamander and Contra for the Famicom. I know BunnyBoy was on vacation, but I really wish he would have had some of his stuff there for us to buy. I know I can just order it online, but instant gradification is my weakness....

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:02:26 PM
xtremegamer (188)
Missouri
Originally posted by: kcsims

I don't know if all the vendors read this forum, but we can't complain about them too much or we may not get a chance for another gathering like this. The only thing I was hoping for were more imports than just want Mad-Gear had. I know it was a NintendoAge deal, but I would have liked to see more from other systems - Turbo, Saturn, Sega Cd, etc...I collect everything. I bought most of my take from Mad-Gear on import titles... Little pricey, but hard to find items have their price. Picked up complete copies w/ cards of Salamander and Contra for the Famicom. I know BunnyBoy was on vacation, but I really wish he would have had some of his stuff there for us to buy. I know I can just order it online, but instant gradification is my weakness....

I know I come off as sounding like i am complaining, and I apprieciate all the vendors coming, I guess I had different expectations of an expo and what kinda prices to see.  Wasn't looking to get steals, just good deals.

Edited: 09/07/2008 at 10:04 PM by xtremegamer

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:18:41 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Most of the vendors are collectors too. They're not doing this for a living and I'm guessing would probably rather eat their table fee than sell stuff too cheap.

I know what you're saying though - conventions in general are harder to justify these days with the availability of everything on ebay.   Back in the old days a convention might be the only place to find that rare item, not so anymore.

If it hadn't been for bad timing I probably would have gone to the expo, but probably wouldn't have expected to really buy anything and it would have cost some dough w/ the hotel, flight, food, etc.     Its basically just an excuse to come down and meet everyone in person, IMO.   After all, anything you're going to buy at the expo can pretty much be bought here

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 09/07/2008 at 10:24 PM by Bronty

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:25:09 PM
kcsims (16)
Louisiana
I used this as an excuse to take a little vacation. I bought stuff I was looking for to begin with, not deals. We left not too long after I picked up my Mike Ditka cart. (I still don't like that guy for when he came and coached the Saints for us!) My wife and I drove into Pigeon Forge for the rest of the day.

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:30:21 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: kcsims

I used this as an excuse to take a little vacation.

yeah, that's exactly the right attitude IMO

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:36:05 PM
xtremegamer (188)
Missouri
Yeah, meeting everyone was priority one, picking up some games Ive wanted was just a perk. I had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:39:22 PM
kcsims (16)
Louisiana
I say in New Orleans next year...mainly so I don't have to drive far....that and the strip clubs and bars never close.

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:47:12 PM
xtremegamer (188)
Missouri
I am game to go just about anywhere for another age expo. Heck, I just had a great time hangin out with Will and Basil.

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:03:09 PM
Jumpman Jr. (47)
(Will Bowins) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: xtremegamer

I am game to go just about anywhere for another age expo. Heck, I just had a great time hangin out with Will and Basil.

Me too man!

As for Braveheart not answering HIS DAMN PHONE YOU FOOL!.. thats a whole other story. I called you (from NGD's phone) and got your answering machine... it was pretty funny, though

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:25:30 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
NOT FUNNY! I want a Ditka Gold and Matt stole his for $225... stupid Landscaper and his bad timing... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:06:38 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I don't think strip club locations are a priority when we schedule these things. It's more about having someone at the location who can do all the local legwork to get this done. I don't really see anyone else but NGD wanting to do this.

But if someone wants to step up and surprise me, by all means.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:34:08 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
I would help any way I could.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:41:50 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: mewithoutYou52

I don't think strip club locations are a priority when we schedule these things. It's more about having someone at the location who can do all the local legwork to get this done. I don't really see anyone else but NGD wanting to do this.

But if someone wants to step up and surprise me, by all means.

If people knew the amount of time, energy and gas I put into the legwork...... It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work also.  I learned a lot as well.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:45:02 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Im sure we don't realize how much work you guys did to make this a huge success. Thanks for all that you did.

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:41:45 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: xtremegamer

Yeah, totally man... can't wait for the next one... and check your inbox too

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:47:44 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Props to everyone who helped out and made the expo a great success!

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!