Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every Switch Game In A Year ~ 2018 88 Beaten; Latest - Smash Ultimate; Leader - D~Funk (24)

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:03:52 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrPeaPod

I need to pick up a switch. I feel like I'm missing out

I'm really happy with the Switch, personally. It's honestly the best new console for me since at least the PS2.

-------------------------

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:45:47 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
Yay! Hopefully I will have another game to contribute soon! I just bought Poi yesterday after trying to find it for months, so think I will start that today instead of Rime (especially since a patch should be coming for that soon to fix the massive lag issues).

I am also really happy with the Switch and find it to be the best new console for a long time too. I've barely touched my other consoles since I got my Switch   Collecting for it has been quite fun so far too!

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:05:55 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I'm about 5 hours into Skyrim. I might play it again by next april.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:17:57 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
I beat Skyrim in December.  

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:10:20 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

I'm maybe 5-10 hours into Skrim. So I'll have it cleared in April lol

Sounds about right lol.
It just needs to happen before Dark Souls comes out, since I did my first and only pre-order of like the last 10 years for that one.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 02/02/2018 at 03:10 PM by Brock Landers

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:12:34 PM
Ferret Oxide (0)
< Crack Trooper >
England
Gear.Club Unlimited is done. Don’t let the short length of each race fool you, there’s a huge single player campaign in this game. Fortunately the arcade-style racing plays really well. The graphics are passable and the structure means there’s usually plenty to do.

Edited: 02/02/2018 at 06:18 PM by Ferret Oxide

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:15:22 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I've been thinking about starting up a new file on The End is Nigh since no one has done it yet. Anybody working on it?

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:16:39 AM
steveovig (2)
< Tourian Tourist >
I just discovered this thread and would love to join in since the Switch is my primary console. I'm at least halfway done with End is Nigh actually too!

I'm wondering what the definition of beating this game is.  Without spoiling much, there is a whole set of levels after the main campaign where you use the tumors you've collected as lives.  If you use them all up, it's game over.  Would I have to beat all those levels too?  I beat the main campaign but there were no credits.

Edited: 02/04/2018 at 03:15 PM by steveovig

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:49:59 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

I've been thinking about starting up a new file on The End is Nigh since no one has done it yet. Anybody working on it?

I'm not actively working on it as I don't own it, but I do intend to eventually buy and play it. Don't let that stop you from replaying it though if you feel the itch!  

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:52:51 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: steveovig

I just discovered this thread and would love to join in since the Switch is my primary console. I'm at least halfway done with End is Nigh actually too!

I'm wondering what the definition of beating this game is.  Without spoiling much, there is a whole set of levels after the main campaign where you use the tumors you've collected as lives.  If you use them all up, it's game over.  Would I have to beat all those levels too?  I beat the main campaign but there were no credits.

Having not played the game yet, I'd defer to others on this. 

Typically, I'd call the game beaten as long as you get an ending that could be considered "good" or "final".

For instance, Binding of Isaac I ask that you beat Mom's Heart. This would require at least two runs of the game to get the ending for beating the "true boss". This is despite that the game has MUCH more content to it than simply beating Mom's Heart.

That said, if beating the campaign of a game does not show the credits, but beating the "bonus" stages does, then I'd say you have to beat those bonus stages as well. If an ending of any sort exists, you at least have to earn that, even if it's really difficult.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:53:49 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington

That's one thing we're trying to figure out.  It's technically considered the bad ending so you did get an ending.  I'm just not sure if we need to require beating the future.  Probably.  But that's a run through every level and it's pretty tough.

Gloves, have you played through Super Meat Boy?  The end game part of The End is Nigh is basically running through the entirety of the Dark Worlds in one go.  But as steveovig stated, no credits unless you do that.  Should the stipulation be you have to get some ending that gives credits?

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:58:37 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

That's one thing we're trying to figure out.  It's technically considered the bad ending so you did get an ending.  I'm just not sure if we need to require beating the future.  Probably.  But that's a run through every level and it's pretty tough.

Gloves, have you played through Super Meat Boy?  The end game part of The End is Nigh is basically running through the entirety of the Dark Worlds in one go.  But as steveovig stated, no credits unless you do that.  Should the stipulation be you have to get some ending that gives credits?

Even if it's super difficult, that's one stipulation I'd like to keep - get a "good" ending. If that means beating something long and hard (heh) in one go, I'm fine with that for now. Someone somewhere has done it, and someone here will do it I'm sure. 

That said, individual game rules are open to discussion, so feel free to weigh in!  

I have played and 100%ed Super Meat Boy.

Edited: 02/06/2018 at 01:59 PM by Gloves

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:00:53 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Mmmk, I've fine with that. Since steveovig is already playing it I won't step in. Then my next shot at doing a Switch game would be Poi: Explorers Edition. I haven't played it much.

Also, what about a game like Just Dance? How do you 'beat' that? Just play every song?  I suppose this goes for 1-2 Switch as well.

Edited: 02/06/2018 at 02:01 PM by Loxx O)))

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:06:23 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
If there is no campaign or story mode to speak of, then I'd go with a "try/beat everything" approach, yeah. So Like, play and don't fail every song, assuming a fail state even exists.

Let's say we have a game like a Wario title that's all multiplayer mini games. No story, no ending, literally just a bunch of mini games. Play each mini game once and you're good.

Some games will be super easy and some will be super hard, with probably most falling into the middle somewhere closer to the easy side. So I'd try to keep the integrity of the hard games, while also encouraging you to try everything an easy game has to offer.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:10:28 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
From what I've seen Just Dance doesn't have a fail. Even my daughter can play and just enjoy herself and there was no penalty to speak of. So then my next question is how do we prove it? You don't want a user to take a picture of every single song when they complete it. And I think it doesn't even like put a mark on the song showing you've played it. I'd have to double check tonight but I'm fairly certain of that.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:36:46 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

From what I've seen Just Dance doesn't have a fail. Even my daughter can play and just enjoy herself and there was no penalty to speak of. So then my next question is how do we prove it? You don't want a user to take a picture of every single song when they complete it. And I think it doesn't even like put a mark on the song showing you've played it. I'd have to double check tonight but I'm fairly certain of that.

I think for an easy game like that it'd probably be ok to just take a photo at the end of whatever the last song on the list is.

Or hey, have some fun with it and take a selfie of you playing the game! ;P

Edited: 02/06/2018 at 02:37 PM by Gloves

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:46:58 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Yeah, I'll pass on that.   I'll take a picture of my tv as it's a game you generally play docked. I think there are 30 songs (without the tons of DLC I got for free). So average 3 minutes per... I could do it over the course of the next 2 nights.

Edit:  I was thinking after a while, oh, I'm stupid because I have the screencap button on the joycon.  But then I remembered mine defaults to the right joycon in Just Dance.  I dunno if that's how we set it up initially or if that's standard.

Edited: 02/06/2018 at 02:56 PM by Loxx O)))

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:19:05 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

Even if it's super difficult, that's one stipulation I'd like to keep - get a "good" ending. If that means beating something long and hard (heh) in one go, I'm fine with that for now. Someone somewhere has done it, and someone here will do it I'm sure. 

That said, individual game rules are open to discussion, so feel free to weigh in!  

Even though it's already cleared you could probably clarify Cave Story by something along the lines of "one of the good endings."  Or you could require the secret final boss be completed, which I don't think Quaze did

Same for Axiom Verge.  "Any good ending"?  I know there are multiple endings, some of which require beating the final boss and I think at least one that doesn't.  Not entirely sure.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:38:33 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Even though it's already cleared you could probably clarify Cave Story by something along the lines of "one of the good endings."  Or you could require the secret final boss be completed, which I don't think Quaze did

Same for Axiom Verge.  "Any good ending"?  I know there are multiple endings, some of which require beating the final boss and I think at least one that doesn't.  Not entirely sure.

Yes sir I did, and I also got the best ending  

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:49:27 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Noted; I'll make sure it's clear in the rules for Cave Story. Thanks guys!  

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:24:37 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

Originally posted by: Space Jockey

You forgot Rocket League. Although a cart version is coming out later this month. Since it came out in November, should you count beating a full season as beating the game?

I'm only counting physical releases, so Rocket League currently doesn't count at all.

I'd count a full season as beating the game, I think, yeah.

That said, any weird cases like this where there is a digital release well ahead of the physical one, as long as we KNOW a physical release is coming, if you beat it on digital ahead of the physical release feel free to post and let me know, and I'll toss it on the list.

I can take Rocket League if still open.  Just finished season 6, but have only played since the physical version came out.  I play regularly and can post when season 7 is over as well if that would be best to knock it off the list.

Edited: 02/09/2018 at 12:28 PM by Boosted52405

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:20:42 PM
steveovig (2)
< Tourian Tourist >
I'm starting to realize with End is Nigh is that I've only beaten half of the game. The harder levels are the ones that use the tumors as lives but you don't have to get through the entire thing in one go. Apparently, there are warp points so you just have to beat each section of levels and get to the next warp point and your lives are reset.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:29:58 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
:/ I thought I made it through most of the final section of the game and didn't see that. Though, I drink a lot playing that game so I may just not have noticed or forgot. I did end up just stopping, though.  

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:21:20 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Originally posted by: Space Jockey

You forgot Rocket League. Although a cart version is coming out later this month. Since it came out in November, should you count beating a full season as beating the game?

I'm only counting physical releases, so Rocket League currently doesn't count at all.

I'd count a full season as beating the game, I think, yeah.

That said, any weird cases like this where there is a digital release well ahead of the physical one, as long as we KNOW a physical release is coming, if you beat it on digital ahead of the physical release feel free to post and let me know, and I'll toss it on the list.

I can take Rocket League if still open.  Just finished season 6, but have only played since the physical version came out.  I play regularly and can post when season 7 is over as well if that would be best to knock it off the list.

If it's still open it's yours.  I've beaten a few 9 game seasons on Rookie and Pro modes and am currently in All-Star 9 game season.  The official seasons like you are doing I haven't done yet.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:30:38 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Added you to the board, Boosted!