Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Video Game Nightmarathon - NOW LIVE!! - for Charity Playing 20+ horror games ALL WEEKEND LONG to raise $$$ for American Cancer Society! TONS OF GIVEAWAYS!

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:13:39 PM
zafo999 (0)
(Ryan Faillace) < Cherub >
United States

A bunch of us Seattle gamers are hosting a horror gaming marathon to raise money for American Cancer Society. We're live streaming an attempt to play 20+ horror games for the entire weekend before Halloween (and maybe longer). We'd really like you guys to check it out and help us spread the word. It goes down on October 26th at Nightmarathon.net.

The game lineup:

Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 1 (Knife Only)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Castlevania
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Ghouls'n Ghosts
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Silent Hill 2
Limbo
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Splatterhouse
Splatterhouse 2
Splatterhouse 3
Left 4 Dead
Ghostbusters (Genesis)
Mortal Kombat 2 "Auction Tournament"
Vampire Savior "Auction Tournament"
Plus 3 secret unlockable games!

There are viewer achievements that you can unlock by donating and helping promote our event. We pledge to beat every unlocked game before Nightmarathon ends! We are not speed runners or even experts at these games, so if you guys unlock "RE1 Knife Only" or "Super Ghouls'n Ghosts", we could have our work seriously cut out for us! Check out our achievements page to see how you can start unlocking games!

We've got tons of giveaways from sponsors like Valve, ArenaNet, I-Mockery.com, and a few retro game retailers. There will also be special guest appearances from Nathan Barnatt (Keith Apicary) and Pat the NES Punk!

Contests! Giveaways!

- Fan Art Contests: Submit art, crafts, Halloween costumes, bad photoshops! Our picks win!
- Game Trivia Contests: We'll show a screenshot or play game music; name the game to win!
- Random Prize Drawings for donors and anyone who links to us on twitter!
- Auction Tournaments: Bid on fighting game tournament players, if your player wins the tournament, you win a prize!

We also have a feature we're calling the "Terror Chamber" where the person playing a particularly scary game that they've never played before will have to play it alone in a pitch black room with headphones. You will watch them squirm and jump as well as watch the rest of us laugh at them from the main room!

You can check our Facebook page or Twitter for updates! Please tune in to Nightmarathon.net on October 26th to help us make this fundraiser a success!

Edited: 10/26/2012 at 03:52 PM by zafo999

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:20:21 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Great idea!

-------------------------

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:30:50 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Ill be sure to tune in.

Playas Guide Logo

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:06:50 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Seattle Gamers huh? How about some names.
Who we looking at, since I would assume I have met most of them at one of the 3 yearly retro conventions.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:18:51 PM
zafo999 (0)
United States
Well, we've got a few. I'm Ryan Faillace. If you were at the raffle at SRGE this year, I was the guy who won the Bad Dudes cab and traded it for Bubble Bobble 2. Um, let's see, you also might know me as the guy getting married in the Streets of Rage episode of Talking Classics? No? Hm.

2-time EVO champion Jason Cole will also be there! We've got a bunch of guys from the Seattle competitive fighting game community involved.

Oh! It also might interest you that Another Castle Games is one of our sponsors. You might know Matt, the owner.

Edited: 10/08/2012 at 09:27 PM by zafo999

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:29:20 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Aw man, no CASTLEVANIA??? I gotta play good old Vampire Killer every Halloween

Also Oct 26th is my birthday

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:33:02 PM
zafo999 (0)
United States
Don't worry! We'll be playing Castlevania for NES as well as Symphony of the Night!

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:34:05 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: zafo999

Don't worry! We'll be playing Castlevania for NES as well as Symphony of the Night!
Ah, I must have missed it.  Scanned the list too fast.  

Symphony of the Night is a great game.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:24:47 AM
Samhain (33)
(Trevor Fediuk) < El Ripper >
Ontario
Ye-yeah! Good idea.

Holes in my collection that need to be filled:
NES Carts:
Click here
NES Manuals  : Click here
NES Boxes: Click here
My For Sale Thread: Click here

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:45:05 PM
zafo999 (0)
United States
Just a quick prize update! I-Mockery.com is donating a few of their Halloween Pixel Posters we'll be giving away. We've also got a bunch of Mario and Bowser caps, a bunch of Animal Crossing: Wild World plushes, and a Totoro backpack.

We've also got a ton of Guild Wars 2 merchandise including 2 "The Art of Guild Wars 2" artbooks signed by the entire GW2 dev team.

I'm attaching a big picture of the Pixel Posters because I think they're pretty amazing and insanely dense with Halloweeny stuff including some obscure game characters:

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:49:23 PM
KBcollector (43)

(Josh S) < Lolo Lord >
Kentucky
Wow you guys really went all out on this, will definitely be watching.

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:43:42 AM
zafo999 (0)
United States
Originally posted by: KBcollector

Wow you guys really went all out on this, will definitely be watching.

Awesome! Yeah, we're trying to put together a pretty polished event. Now it's just a matter of getting the word out about it.. which is probably the hardest part.

Edited: 10/24/2012 at 02:44 AM by zafo999

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:49:00 PM
zafo999 (0)
United States
We are now LIVE! Tune in, donate, win prizes! We're handing stuff out every hour! nightmarathon.net!

Edited: 10/26/2012 at 03:49 PM by zafo999