Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bad NES games you love to play.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:27:35 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
I have to agree with tallguy and say Golf. I can beat all my friends with only 3 clubs. It makes them so mad. As far as Cheetahmen goes....I have to keep an air freshener near my Action 52 to mask the horrible stink. That's one to bust out for a good laugh though.

-------------------------

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:23:34 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina

I tried to come up with something, just one bad NES game that I somehow love to play, but everytime I typed something out I found that I didn't really think of it really as a bad game, just that others may think it so. Such as with a bunch of the games mentioned so far, most of them I think are really good games. If a game is bad, I'm certainly not going to enjoy playing it, I might play it several times for challenge-sake, but that'd be it. Many of the games that I originally thought of as bad games have already redeemed themselves after I'd gotten to know those games better, the end result of me finishing them. There are more than a few games that I consider a little less than good, and while I did enjoy them somewhat, not enough to say that I loved 'em. Such games as Bill & Ted's Excellent Videogame Adventure, Captain Planet, Captain Skyhawk, Heroes of the Lance, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito), Joe & Mac, The Rocketeer, Swamp Thing, The Terminator, and Total Recall as prime examples, though there are more. While I didn't love these games, I also didn't hate them.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:04:57 PM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
Astyanax, Guerilla War, Tiger Heli, Ironsword, Gumshoe, The Empire Strikes Back, Super Sprint

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:06:07 PM
daynum (0)
(daynum daynum) < Crack Trooper >
United Kingdom
Bible Adventures seems to make a lot of "20 worst games" lists or whatever, but I always enjoy it. Something hilarious about seeing Noah carrying all those animals above his head.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:23:23 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Yeah, Astyanax and Ironsword really are pretty bad, but there is something addictive and enjoyable about them.

For me, it's probably just nostalgia with Astyanax since it was one of the few games I bought with my allowance as a kid (rather than received as a birthday/Christmas gift).

Ironsword, I've just always like the concept and the goofy graphics (plus I had the Wizards and Warriors paperback book), but the gameplay is majorly flawed in that series of games.

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:23:32 PM
NESJohnny (52)
(Johnny Johnny) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: Chad Burger

I've been obsessed with nes Ghosts n Goblins for years now. I frekin love this horrible terrible game. I'm pretty good at killing the demons but god it's a hard game.

haha, you ever get the real ending or what?

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:54:46 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I love playing Nightmare on Elm street, I can even get three of my friends to play it with em and it's a riot, oh and TFGZ, Solar Jetman is not in ANY way a bad game, it's just very challenging.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:21:23 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Chad Burger

I've been obsessed with nes Ghosts n Goblins for years now. I frekin love this horrible terrible game. I'm pretty good at killing the demons but god it's a hard game.

Its a freakin major classic not a terrible game1

for my part I like T and C surf, pretty much just because I played it as a kid and it brings back memories... 

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:48:24 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Penguin - I've gotta disagree on Solar Jetman. The physics are pretty buggy when you're carrying cargo. It makes the game difficult for the wrong reasons.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:54:16 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Penguin - I've gotta disagree on Solar Jetman. The physics are pretty buggy when you're carrying cargo. It makes the game difficult for the wrong reasons.

That's all depending on the planets gravity, but you can use the anti gravity apples from the store.  Double strength thrusters help too.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:29:12 PM
Gameboyjay (71)
(J B) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I gotta agree with Penguin, I always thought Solar Jetman was a solid game. Robowarrior and Low G Man are a couple of games I enjoy that others seem to hate.

WTB link - http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:48:08 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Well, I understand that the different planets have differing gravity levels, but the momentum of the cargo isn't treated consistently.

Sep 27, 2008 at 12:48:10 AM
StutteringSam (0)

(Samuel Richards) < Cherub >
United States
Action 52
Bo Jackson Baseball
Deadly Towers

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:00:19 AM
noattack (12)
(Nathan A) < Crack Trooper >
United States
I've shamefully enjoyed both Yo! Noid and Back to the Future.

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:42:39 PM
GringoJB (1)
(James B) < Little Mac >
Ohio
I always liked Amagon, and I've had people give me crap about that one before!

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:00:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
This topic was made for me...

Superman, Conan, Cliffhanger, Last Action Hero, Tagin' Dragon, Deathbots...and that's just off the top of my head...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:14:24 PM
8bitking (16)
(Greg Kittle) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Deathbots, Circus Caper, Cheetahmen 2, Where's Waldo, Friday the 13th, Death Race, and Swamp Thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4... = BEST COMMERCIAL EVVVvAAAAARRR!!!!!!

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:08:46 AM
vintagegamecrazy (0)

(Doug Jackson) < Cherub >
Wisconsin
I'm with you on Deathbots and I don't know why, I also like Robodemons for some lame reason and that's scarry.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:24:06 AM
8bitking (16)
Ohio
Deathbots has a very good feel to it...maybe we're too hard on it cuz its an AVE cart...I think its a sweet game

Edited: 10/13/2008 at 11:53 AM by 8bitking

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:49:31 AM
8bitking (16)
Ohio
Originally posted by: GringoJB

Amagon is the shit JB!!! Its like Chess meets D&D!!! My friends and me play it all the time..great strategy/skill action game

Sep 30, 2008 at 12:48:01 PM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
It's been mentioned already but I gotta go with Friday the 13th. I love the surprise when Jason shows up. There's just something about it, I can pop it in anytime and have some fun.

Also, Castlequest, Dynowarz (serious nostalgia), Fester's Quest and Mappyland to name a few others.

"I will beat you like a drum."

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:41:34 PM
8bitking (16)
Ohio
okay...how about the panesians!!! Everyone bitches about their gameplay, I honestly dont think they are that bad of games (BBB is the same game as mermaids of atlantis for petes sake) AND you get to see SUPER HOT 8BIT BOOBIES!!!!

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:49:43 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: 8bitking

Amagon is the shit JB!!! Its like Chess meets D&D!!! My friends and me play it all the time..great strategy/skill action game

No, that's Archon. Amagon is a platformer with colorful cute graphics, a guy wearing rags and wielding a rifle, and that whom can change into the mighty Megagon to beat the crap outa enemies. But both are good games, Amagon, and Archon.

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:53:25 PM
8bitking (16)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Miss Clawful

Originally posted by: 8bitking

No, that's Archon. Amagon is a platformer with colorful cute graphics, a guy wearing rags and wielding a rifle, and that whom can change into the mighty Megagon to beat the crap outa enemies. But both are good games, Amagon, and Archon.

...lol...I get these two titles confused ALL THE TIME!!!  Thanks for the correction, I gotta figure out a way to remember them better...but yeah, they are both very good games!!

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:55:11 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
^^^ I was just thinking that it sounded a bit like Archon.