Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$25 Repro Service Taking orders again may 12

LOCKED TOPIC

May 10, 2014 at 1:52:17 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: mkiker2089

As far as Chiliant, he's on thin ice. Paypal doesn't like people paying before shipping as it's technically a violation of Visa regulations (possibly federal law) and they don't like customer complaints.

I might be missing something here, but the customer always pays before the seller ships.  Am I missing something, or did you mean something else?

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

May 10, 2014 at 2:03:30 AM
Chilant (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
United States
I think he means when someone pays and then waits an extended amount of time it's essentially like a preorder. And that is against policies?

May 10, 2014 at 2:44:47 AM
Raichu (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Chilant got back to me, he is ordering me a Star Fox 2 since he doesn't have the parts atm.

I understand Chilant is most likely doing this by himself, and $25 is a really good price for repros. So most likely he just got a lot of orders and what not.

I've ordered from Time Walk in the past and understand repros can take like up to 2 months, especially something like Star Fox 2 which is supposedly really hard to make and requires a lot of soldering.

He did refund my money right away when he said he would. I think his biggest problem is his communication, but it has improved a lot. When I do get my game I will leave positive feedback for him. Hopefully I didn't come across as angry in my earlier post, that wasn't my intention. He is going out of his way to make everything right

Edited: 05/10/2014 at 02:47 AM by Raichu

May 10, 2014 at 9:41:46 AM
mkiker2089 (17)
(Marshall Kiker) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Chiliant, thanks for the update. I hope I didn't sound rude. We just needed to know what was going on. I know PMs are an almost impossible way to take orders, it has to be. You can get 100 PMs a day and those hundred people all expect it to be an accepted order and want a game soon.

As for paying and waiting aka pre-order, Paypal has warned me about that as a buyer. That's why many places do a pending charge and only charge when you ship. Large stores like Amazon do the same. I'm only passing on what I've been told.

Thanks for returning Chiliant and good fortune to you. When you start using the new molds I'm certtain I will start throwing obscene amounts of money your way.

As a side note, if you aren't careful typing about the PM system here it looks like you are accusing someone of having PMS.

May 11, 2014 at 5:09:12 AM
AugustAPC (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: Fluttering Pickle

Chilant got back to me, he is ordering me a Star Fox 2 since he doesn't have the parts atm.

I understand Chilant is most likely doing this by himself, and $25 is a really good price for repros. So most likely he just got a lot of orders and what not.

I've ordered from Time Walk in the past and understand repros can take like up to 2 months, especially something like Star Fox 2 which is supposedly really hard to make and requires a lot of soldering.

He did refund my money right away when he said he would. I think his biggest problem is his communication, but it has improved a lot. When I do get my game I will leave positive feedback for him. Hopefully I didn't come across as angry in my earlier post, that wasn't my intention. He is going out of his way to make everything right

So he's refunding a purchase and paying out of his pocket to order you a game? I would never accept that.

May 11, 2014 at 7:14:33 AM
Raichu (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: AugustAPC

Originally posted by: Fluttering Pickle

So he's refunding a purchase and paying out of his pocket to order you a game? I would never accept that.

I order back in february, Mid April comes he still hasn't sent me the game or given me any update on where it is, sends me a refund for the long delay, and tells me he is sending the game and that I should have it within a week.  More then 3 weeks later and I never got my game.

And now since he is currently out of stock of the neccessary parts, he is ordering one instead of making me wait for parts to come in.

He didn't have to give me a refund, but he is providing excellent customer service by going out of his way fix his mistake and make it right for me, the customer.

Same concept as 30 minute  pizza delivery, they promise it within a certain amount of time or it's free. If it takes them longer then they say it does, you still get the pizza. They don't decide to just refund your money and never give you the pizza you initially ordered. It's "30 minutes or its free" not "30 minutes or you don't get any pizza"

Chilant is a good guy, he is most likely swamped with orders, and it's very time comsuming process make a repro, especially Star Fox 2 (thats why Time Walk decided to shut down). But Chilant is working on improving and learning from his mistakes. I noticed he has already improved on his communication.

Edited: 05/11/2014 at 07:20 AM by Raichu

May 11, 2014 at 10:34:54 AM
AugustAPC (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Wouldn't take the free pizza, wouldn't take the free game.

Especially if the pizza market was crowded with people charging triple the price for the same quality pizza and this particular resturant was doing its best to offer the same thing for a far more affordable price... and giving part of its profits to the community.

Edited: 05/11/2014 at 10:50 AM by AugustAPC

May 11, 2014 at 12:23:20 PM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
You know, Chillant did me right, I got my game just fine. stuff happens.

May 11, 2014 at 1:11:38 PM
Kelekin (225)
(Daniel Bimke) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alberta

Especially if the pizza market was crowded with people charging triple the price for the same quality pizza and this particular resturant was doing its best to offer the same thing for a far more affordable price... and giving part of its profits to the community.

I don't know why you're trying to push some sort of moral code you've come up with on Fluttering Pickle and go out of your way to try making them feel bad.  He took something he was offered, which he had every right to do.  Considering you make SNES labels that actually say 'licensed by Nintendo' on them, I'm not really sure you have any business criticizing anyone from an ethical standpoint.

Edited: 05/11/2014 at 01:14 PM by Kelekin

May 11, 2014 at 1:22:38 PM
Chilant (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
United States
Originally posted by: Kelekin

I don't know why you're trying to push some sort of moral code you've come up with on Fluttering Pickle and go out of your way to try making them feel bad.  He took something he was offered, which he had every right to do.  Considering you make SNES labels that actually say 'licensed by Nintendo' on them, I'm not really sure you have any business criticizing anyone from an ethical standpoint.

I insisted on doing this for fluttering pickle, even if he didn't accept I'd send it to him anyway. He's a good guy, all of you guys are. (except for the occasional scammer, or troll.)

May 11, 2014 at 1:25:17 PM
Kelekin (225)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Chilant

I insisted on doing this for fluttering pickle, even if he didn't accept I'd send it to him anyway. He's a good guy, all of you guys are. (except for the occasional scammer, or troll.)
And I think it was a smart business move

I can't wait for you to be all caught on and ready to go, because I've been wanting to order from you for a long time.  I've refrained because I don't want to make your life harder!

May 11, 2014 at 4:26:57 PM
AugustAPC (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States

Holy shit. You're tripping on me because I posted some free images for people to use, at their discresion, for their reproduction carts that mimic official labels? Those games are liscenced by Nintendo you dumb fuck. I'm not selling them or forcing anyone to use them. Hell, people can remove the "licsenced by" if it twists their panties so much. I'm certainly not going to be adding anymore if this is the kind of idiocy they inspire.

I'm not pushing any morales on anyone. I'm just posting my opinion. If you've got a problem, lets take it to PM, twat.

Edited: 05/11/2014 at 04:39 PM by AugustAPC

May 11, 2014 at 4:40:25 PM
Kelekin (225)
Alberta

Holy shit. You're tripping on me because I posted some free images for people to use for their reproduction carts that mimic official labels? Those games are liscenced by Nintendo you dumb fuck. I'm not charging or forcing anyone to use them. Hell, people can remove the "licsenced by" if it twists their panties so much. I'm certainly not going to be adding anymore if this is the kind of idiocy they inspire.

I'm not pushing any morales on anyone. I'm just posting my opinion. If you've got a problem, lets take it to PM, twat.

This is probably the most offensive post I've ever read on here - you decide to crap on someone (Fluttering Pickle) for taking an offer given to him by Chilant.  You felt the need to state in multiple posts that you would never accept such a deal, as if it had -anything- to do with you at all.  I have no problem with your labels, by the way.  I was simply expressing the fact that you have no business criticizing someone, especially considering Chilant has already confirmed again that they would've made this decision anyway.  Your posts exist solely to try to make someone feel bad for no reason at all, that's not the type of behaviour we should have in this community.  

Quite frankly, I have as much right to criticize your opinion as you do to post it, so I'm not sure how you are mad at me for that.  

I'm sorry that you are unfortunately not mature enough to post without resorting to words such as "twat" and "you dumb fuck".  Grow up, this is not what we need here.  Let Chilant make his repros, let Fluttering Pickle and Chilant decide how to deal with their transaction.

May 11, 2014 at 4:56:08 PM
AugustAPC (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I'm very glad you're offended. Because I'm offended at the stupidity of the remark you made regarding my "unethical" labels, as if they have -anything- to do with the subject. I'd be more receptive to the criticism if it wasn't holding hands with such a idiotic comment. "durrr, your labels are unethical... oh but I have no problem with them." Fuck off with that.

My point is that Chilant is giving a hell of a lot to the community as it is. People need to cut him a little slack. He may be taking longer than advertised, but the alternatives would have you waiting just as long and paying more. He's also not got the best means of communication and delivery at the moment. Of course he's perfectly within his rights to accept an offer made to him by Chilant, however, considering the circumstances, that's something I wouldn't have done.

Edit: For the record, I'm not posting anymore regarding this in Chilant's thread. If you've got something to say, again, take it to PM.

Edited: 05/11/2014 at 05:02 PM by AugustAPC

May 11, 2014 at 5:48:10 PM
mkiker2089 (17)
North Carolina
Thread crapping at it's finest. Can we get a mod in here to clean this up.

Chiliant, at least you got a free page bump!

On a serious note, please be sure to keep us updated about your molds. You mentioned Sega, NES and SNES. I know SNES molds already exist with Piko and Bunnyboy has his modified NES molds. I'm hoping you are in the process of ramping things up to 11.

May 11, 2014 at 5:55:43 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
^This

Let's watch the tone gentlemen. If there is an issue please Pm me. Otherwise lets keep the thread on topic

Please see the new goodness:   www.videogamesage.com

May 13, 2014 at 11:32:25 AM
transam5.7LS1 (15)
< Crack Trooper >
Texas
I really hate to be bumping this thread but seems it might be the only way to get what I paid for. I have tried pms, emails, and even text messages to Chilants phone.... he just gives me the runaround... as much as I would have trusted the guy, as much patience as I would have, I see a lack of interest on his part to resolve this. I just do not see how he is trying to run his repro business if this is he's approach at customer service. I have been patient enough already since I paid on 2/28/14 and and all he has delivered are promises to ship soon, then after a couple of weeks he did not even know what the games were. Do not tell me you will be shipping when you do not even have a clue what the games are!!!

May 13, 2014 at 2:48:39 PM
AugustAPC (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: transam5.7LS1

I really hate to be bumping this thread but seems it might be the only way to get what I paid for. I have tried pms, emails, and even text messages to Chilants phone.... he just gives me the runaround... as much as I would have trusted the guy, as much patience as I would have, I see a lack of interest on his part to resolve this. I just do not see how he is trying to run his repro business if this is he's approach at customer service. I have been patient enough already since I paid on 2/28/14 and and all he has delivered are promises to ship soon, then after a couple of weeks he did not even know what the games were. Do not tell me you will be shipping when you do not even have a clue what the games are!!!

That's surprising. Maybe you should give him a call straight up.

May 13, 2014 at 3:12:29 PM
mkiker2089 (17)
North Carolina
I still don't see why the thread isn't simply locked until he catches up. Obviously something is horribly wrong with his logistics system and he simply needs time to get up to speed. Until this is locked and the first page altered to prevent new orders there are just going to be more and more unhappy people.

May 13, 2014 at 4:00:26 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: mkiker2089

I still don't see why the thread isn't simply locked until he catches up. Obviously something is horribly wrong with his logistics system and he simply needs time to get up to speed. Until this is locked and the first page altered to prevent new orders there are just going to be more and more unhappy people.

Tried that already last month.  Something in his process is broken, it's not just a matter of being behind. 

Last I heard he is making a website and will take his orders through there.  This method clearly doesn't work.  

Locked once again.