Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Ezine is back! Volume 8, Issue #1, Spring 2015!!! Discuss! Let us know what you think about the articles, layout, and thoughts in general.

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:39:56 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Well, it took a lot longer than I thought, but thanks to fellow members Ulysses Wolfgang and Bruleski, is just got a year and half necro-bump!

Thanks for all the guys that contributed articles and a big shout out to Ulysses Wolfgang. If that kid, and yes, he's a youngin', hadn't of showed up and started making noise about bringing it back, than we might not be here. Thanks to his tenacity, though, and my inability to watch someone drowing (he never did tell me who said they'd do the layout and then had to bail because of the amount of work), we have another issue!

As you can tell, I took a different approach with the style. The biggest thing I kept hearing from the old guys was that it was a ton of work. It took me about two weeks of thinking about it, but I stumbled upon a thought one day on how we might be able to simplify it and get it out there a little more regularly. If people like what we did, we'll try to do a couple more issue before we burn each other out working on it for free.

I think we already have a couple articles for another issue, but I believe we could use some more. So if you got an idea, hit us up (Ulysses Wolfgang is our point of contact, but you can PM either one of us) and maybe you'll be the next big Ezine star!

Can't wait to see it on the frontpage. At least, I think that's where Dain will be posting it, haha!

Oh, snapple! It's up on the frontpage now! Or you can DL it here!

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 03/26/2015 at 09:46 AM by Ferris Bueller

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:58:28 AM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas
Can't wait!

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:10:30 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I'm excited to finally be a part of this. Are you looking for anything thematically for upcoming issues or just gaming in general?

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:12:16 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Stryphos

I'm excited to finally be a part of this. Are you looking for anything thematically for upcoming issues or just gaming in general?

Well, this first time around I just took what I could get. I printed off every issue of the Ezine, though, and was planning on going through and finally reading all of them. More than anything, I just want to make sure we aren't recovering topics. Or at least if we are, that we are taking a fresh perspective on things.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:44:09 AM
Stryphos (306)
Michigan
Is it possible to get a list of topics covered? Or perhaps I could volunteer to generate a list for this? If interested in having me help out in this capacity please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Haves     |     Wants

Edited: 03/26/2015 at 08:44 AM by Stryphos

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:30:33 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Awesome, glad to see it making a comeback!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:46:15 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Really like the format!

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:48:24 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina

NintendoAge E-Zine Volume 9 - Issue #1: March 2015

Issue is up and posted -- enjoy!

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:51:39 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Loved the format, great to have it back!

Felt like a few really solid titles were left off of the "Wii Games that Don't Suck" list, though

The Metroid titles on the system were all great, and Wario Land had an awesome art style and was a solid platformer in its own right.
And if you're including ports and adaptations:

Pinball Hall of Fame was a GREAT implementation
SNK Classics Vol 1 was strong (great Neo Geo selection)
House of the Dead 1 & 2 was a great port of the arcade shooters
And even though it wasn't a huge title, Link's Crossbow training actually made for a surprisingly fun shooter, as well.

Hell, even Wii Play was a ton of fun that was accessible to casual players while actually having some challenge for people that wanted to master the game.
(tanks in particular was actually an awesome game)

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:58:25 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Nice work guys!

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:02:58 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Love the new layout as well. Simplistic yet very nostalgic.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:15:58 AM
Stryphos (306)
Michigan
I also am a fan of the Fun Club News look! :-)

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:18:15 AM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Glad to see the eZine back!

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:19:09 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Awesome! What a pleasant surprise when I logged on this morning. Just checking it out now, but looks great!

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:24:47 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Felt like a few really solid titles were left off of the "Wii Games that Don't Suck" list, though

The Metroid titles on the system were all great, and Wario Land had an awesome art style and was a solid platformer in its own right.

And even though it wasn't a huge title, Link's Crossbow training actually made for a surprisingly fun shooter, as well.

Hell, even Wii Play was a ton of fun that was accessible to casual players while actually having some challenge for people that wanted to master the game.
These are probably all good games but I have not played all of them. For example, I've never played the Metroid games; I have just never gotten to them yet. I also stated that it wasn't every good game, so yeah, I'm sure there are lots of good titles that I haven't played yet out of its 1000+ catalog. I kept it to only the games that I have played and would recommend.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:27:44 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Slayter

These are probably all good games but I have not played all of them. For example, I've never played the Metroid games; I have just never gotten to them yet. I also stated that it wasn't every good game, so yeah, I'm sure there are lots of good titles that I haven't played yet out of its 1000+ catalog. I kept it to only the games that I have played and would recommend.

Fair enough.

You should definitely play all of the games I mentioned in my post, then.

Metroid Prime 3 is a great mash-up of classic Metroid exploration and feel with how FPS can be done on that type of system.  (the interactivity is very cool)

The arcade light-gun ports are just incredible... WAY better than light gun ports on any earlier system out there.

Pinball Hall of Fame has a great collection of tables with Wizard Goals to master.

And Wario Land, graphically, is what you wished 2D platformers looked like when you were a kid.  It is like playing a cartoon.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:31:22 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Nice work guys!! I hope this stays a regular thing. I do enjoy reading it.

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:32:03 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Indeed I will! I'm actually ashamed of myself for not trying out any light gun games yet. As for FPS, the two Conduit games and GoldenEye showed me how good controls for that genre could be.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:40:01 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Indeed I will! I'm actually ashamed of myself for not trying out any light gun games yet. As for FPS, the two Conduit games and GoldenEye showed me how good controls for that genre could be.
I was actually pretty disappointed with how GoldenEye felt since I had played Nightfire within the previous few years.
(that said, I skipped N64 in favor of PS1 and PC so wasn't indoctrinated on GoldenEye in the first place)

Don't mean to derail this thread on that line of conversation, though... just wanted to make sure you knew about some great games that you left off your list.

Edited: 03/26/2015 at 10:40 AM by arch_8ngel

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:41:23 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Fair enough.

You should definitely play all of the games I mentioned in my post, then.

Metroid Prime 3 is a great mash-up of classic Metroid exploration and feel with how FPS can be done on that type of system.  (the interactivity is very cool)

The arcade light-gun ports are just incredible... WAY better than light gun ports on any earlier system out there.

Pinball Hall of Fame has a great collection of tables with Wizard Goals to master.

And Wario Land, graphically, is what you wished 2D platformers looked like when you were a kid.  It is like playing a cartoon.

Sounds like you have enough for a "Wii games that don't suck Part II- Arch's list" article in the next one!

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:00:29 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

Don't mean to derail this thread on that line of conversation, though... just wanted to make sure you knew about some great games that you left off your list.

Impossible, as this is what it's for. We used to do a thread per article, and some got little response and possible unnoticed. I told Dain I'd like to try one thread and discuss all of it together. We'll see how it goes, but so far, so good!

Edited: 03/26/2015 at 03:54 PM by Ferris Bueller

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:09:10 AM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Rad! I like the layout, I will have to give it a more thorough reading later today, great job everyone!

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:10:07 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
I'm about halfway through reading, fantastic so far! Thanks for all the hard work guys.

Instagram
Wishlist

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:28:45 AM
UlyssesWolfgang (13)
(Alex Lavelle) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Long time in the making! Shout out to Ferris for doing a lot of the work! I already have a few articles, send them in as you write them! Now that we have the layout, the time between each issues should be shorter.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:15:30 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Great job Ferris I was really shocked to see you put my article on the front page. Thank so much also cant wait for future ezine

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...