Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New Response Bar features We need more options!

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:53:35 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Little Mac >
United Kingdom
Ladies, Gents,

Something which has bugged me on this site since I've been here is the repsone bar jsut being limited to text alone. The problem usually comes down to posting images, I just had to explain how to do it to a new user and I had to tell him to either get a file hosting site account or post then edit your responses... this seems silly to me.

When you make a new post or Quote someone you get a new menu with all sorts or features. Admittedly, that may be too many and look clunky on the forum layout so I have been looking at other forums and thought this one seemed alright:

Just a few extra functions which will make a world of difference to the accessibility on the site. I've already suggested this to Master Dain but thought I'd see what you all thought too.

-------------------------

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:01:19 AM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
I * think * that REPLY does exactly what you are asking, i.e. same window of QUOTE, but without quoting anything.
This is what I have done to reply your message, add an image, and I did not have to edit my post.  

If I misunderstood your request, never mind.  

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:58:18 PM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Little Mac >
United Kingdom
I didn't know of that, it is one way but often when we post we do not reply directly to other members, which is why I have never clicked on reply on their post  

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 02/04/2017 at 01:59 PM by Vivi-gamer

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:05:03 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Yeah I recently discovered that as well. I didn't understand why reply was an option since it doesn't notify who you're replying too so I just quoted. When I discovered that it all made sense.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:06:43 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Vivi-gamer

I didn't know of that, it is one way but often when we post we do not reply directly to other members, which is why I have never clicked on reply on their post

You can "REPLY" to any post in the thread, it is just replying TO THE THREAD, and NOT to that specific post.
To reply to a specific post, you use QUOTE instead.
Pardon my English, far from perfection, it is not my first language.